does mika really smell?

cheeseygoodness

I could just imagine...

Jack: Anyhow, enough chat - get over here.

Mika: Uhh - excuse me?

Jack: I need to smell you. It's what all the cool kids are talking about these days. And I didn't smell you at the last gig - so clearly I'm behind the times.

Mika: Um - well I've been on stage, I might be a bit sweaty.

Jack: Oh, well in that case...

Other nasally-inclined Mika fan: Shove over, you! HE'S MINE FOR THE SNIFFING!!!

This is hilarious!!! :roftl: :roftl:

You think you're joking. :naughty: But I am more than fully capable of doing just that, trust me. Well, I'd be a tad more tactful in my approach--but being ridiculous to people I don't know too well is my specialty!

I don't really care about smelling him, but the idea of demanding to smell him amuses me enough that I may well do it if I get the chance.

--Jack

Somehow, I can believe that you can talk your way into anything...you have a way of saying...err, writing things quite effectively! :roftl:

When I grow up...I wanna be just like you JACK! :wink2:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hilarious!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Somehow, I can believe that you can talk your way into anything...you have a way of saying...err, writing things quite effectively! :roftl:

When I grow up...I wanna be just like you JACK! :wink2:

i totally agree, suzy! jack has no rivals...:naughty:

so, i met him, and he was smelling good...too good!:wub2:

but he showered before meeting us!

I was the one who was smelling...sweaty after dancing and jumping...and no shower for poor fans! and very hot in milan in april, and in the venue!

and he hugged me! poor MIKA! :shocked:

i think you'll be pleased to know that one of my kittens is called jack, because she can use her eyes to get outta naything. knida like you!

Wow, haha, thanks I think!

To give a serious answer for once, honestly the trick is that when you're in a ridiculous situation with someone--and I think pitching a sale or being a telemarketer is really quite ridiculous--you just put yourself out there, and rather than trying to hide how silly it is, play it up 200% percent! Make it even more ridiculous, even sillier, crazier, and completely over-the-top. Then you get the person to laugh along with you, since you can both see how ridiculous it all is--you kind of form a bond with them over that, so that the two of you are in it together. And then once you've got them there, you've taken down their barriers, and you can get them to do what you want, or at least you've taken them out of the rules that usually apply to such things.

...so while it's all about being funny and spontaneous, it's also really quite manipulative and calculating, in a way. It really is a bit of a "trick."

At the same time, if you've done it right, along the way you've made that person's day sillier and funnier and a bit more like a circus, and ideally they go away smiling.

I actually quite like the last part, so sometimes I put myself in ridiculous situations quite apart from marketing (I don't like selling things to people, I just enjoy interacting with them). For instance, I dress up in glittery clothes and go to parks and hand flowers or cookies out to strangers. It's fun to create a sense of play and ridiculousness and color out of everyday situations like that, and never fails to make you smile.

...er, I guess it's kind of obvious why I should like Mika, huh?

--Jack

P.S. Sorry for taking this so off-topic!

...so while it's all about being silly and spontaneous, it's also really quite manipulative and calculating, in a way. It really is a bit of a "trick."

At the same time, if you've done it right, along the way you've made that person's day sillier and funnier and a bit more like a circus, and ideally they go away smiling.

*sharpens pencil and scribbles notes for self*

*envisioning my next smell challenge at Quebec concert*

:wink2:

... of course he smells... he's a boy, he probably has cooties too.:biggrin2:

haha... i don't even know what you guys are talking about.

but i'll try to somewhat contribute.

i'm a telemarketer now, but my boss is my friend so he lets me use weird and crazy accents so i don't get bored. lol.

ah, my friend that is a thing of the past. HE doesnt gtak kindly to hair stroking. so my new aim is to stroke his nose. id b=never reach his hair anyway, id have to use a ladder!

Yeah, I can understand that... I don't take kindly to it, either, or at least when it's someone I don't know. Having people come up behind you at stores or when you're in a conversation to touch your hair is more than a little disturbing at times. Sometimes they don't even ask... They just run their fingers through it and start talking about it to other people like you aren't there. I also get people who arbitrarily sniff my hair, too...

I kept telling them I had no f*cking idea--I was kind of focused on talking to him, not smelling him! I had not realized at the time, you see, that this is apparently what I should have been doing. I guess it's the new trendy thing to do: I'm so behind!--Jack

I'm guessing Mika knows all about this trend which is why he's going around smelling like this heavenly eau de Mika that everyone's talking about.

Suzy I'll PM you about the tickets.

There was a point, when he leaned in to me to ask my name and how to spell it... I'm 5'3 lol... so he had to get PRETTY CLOSE! And let me tell you, he smelled like heaven. I can't describe it really... Chicago is a windy city and it was like our scents mixed to form this wonderful composition... I snuggled in close to him to take the picture too... I fit right in his arm pit lol... and I basked in his gorgeous smell! I left still smelling like him *sigh

"I fit right in his arm pit" Hilarious, I don't think it would have been quite the same if you were talking about a sumo wrestler. You sure make his scent sound out of this world! Maybe the Chicago wind will blow some this way...:biggrin2: