Mika's Tartan Trousers (Part Two)

kath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, finally got round to editing this!

So, a fairy tale ending to our tartan trouser project! On 16th May at Barrowlands, Glasgow we managed to meet Mika before the gig and give him the trousers that we made for him. Five of us had met up and spent a hilarious day making them and we were SO excited when we actually managed to give them to him! Then, of course, it was huge anticipation to see if he would actually WEAR them.............and he did!

Towards the end of the set he left the stage then came back on, wearing OUR trousers. I would imagine you could hear the resulting screams reverberating around the globe!

What an absolute angel to do that! There is a clip below, the sound quality isn't brilliant but Mika is saying that the band are teasing him as he looks like Rupert the bear but he thinks they are quite nice. He then looks at us and says,'They are really tight fitting on the arse girls'!!!!!!!!!!! We got a result there then!

Thanks so much Mika, you made us beyond delirious! x

Original Post

Hi Everyone.

Some of us that are going to the Glasgow gig have been hatching a plan! Spured on by the brilliant ideas of Sivan and Robertina we decided that we needed to come up with an idea of our own of something to give to Mika at the Glasgow gig. We have given up all hope of anything on this forum remaining a secret (!) so have just decided to come out in the open about it!

So...all thoughts of cunning plans and amazing inspirational ideas have culminated in scg coming up with the brilliant (!) idea of a pair of tartan trousers! Now, those of you that are old enough to remember The Bay City Rollers need not get worried! I can assure you (and Mika if you are reading this) that THESE tartan trousers will be truely special! The best tartan on offer will be sourced, the design will be especially Mikaised and they will be put together with all the love, care and skill that is available to us incredibly talented Mika fans! We now that Mika loves bright clothes so we are hoping that he will apreciate our gift! Alternatively, he may fall about laughing......either way, it should put a smile on his face which is after all, our main aim!

Early research has indicated that the best way to ensure a good fit is to take a pattern from 'well worn pants'! We are still working on this part!

First meeting of the 'Tartan trouser Group' is schedualed for 9pm (UK time) on this thread this evening. See ya there!

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might as well carry on talking to myself....

Well actually, I am talking to Rainbow Sky because I KNOW she will find her way here...it is some sort of instinct.....

Rainbow, in Glasgow on Saturday I saw a guy in a BLACK kilt...not tartan...just balck...and he was a really good looking guy too...I was DYING to hang out of the window and take a pic for you but I daren't because his wife was giving me funny looks!

Might as well carry on talking to myself....

Well actually, I am talking to Rainbow Sky because I KNOW she will find her way here...it is some sort of instinct.....

Rainbow, in Glasgow on Saturday I saw a guy in a BLACK kilt...not tartan...just balck...and he was a really good looking guy too...I was DYING to hang out of the window and take a pic for you but I daren't because his wife was giving me funny looks!

*enters the tartan trousers thread NUMBER 2!!*

Kath, how did you know? You must be psychic.

The black kilt sounds AWESOME. Shame about the lack of camera opportunities... and the wife..

I love the plain/military style kilts... I think they may be my faves.

Do you think I could possibly borrow your thread to talk about kilts? :naughty:

You guys are corrupting my brain - i dreamt last night that i was in homebase (for those of you who arent from the uk its a big store that does all your house stuff, from kitchen sinks, to bbqs to flowers) and that they were selling tartan trousers with (what looked like a mfc sig) on them :S

I have odd dreams

You guys are corrupting my brain - i dreamt last night that i was in homebase (for those of you who arent from the uk its a big store that does all your house stuff, from kitchen sinks, to bbqs to flowers) and that they were selling tartan trousers with (what looked like a mfc sig) on them :S

I have odd dreams

:roftl: :roftl: I love it. Muahahaha!

Ok folks, just in case those involved couldn't bear to finally lay the trousers to rest...here is part two...just for when we feel the need for a quick stroke!

i just saw u had put up a part 2 kath ... im so slowwwww !! is that a wee hint for others "those involved couldn't bear" i still think myself & mirtilla will end up with a sore face after hes given this gift :roftl:

Hi Sheena!!! Looking very forward to November!! :biggrin2:

Your link says: The url contained a malformed video id. Big word!

its not a real link its an example of whats to come after mika gets his gift :naughty: i cant wait until november , i wish i had 1 of those special remote like in that film "click" where i could fast forward daily life to november the 17th !

its not a real link its an example of whats to come after mika gets his gift :naughty: i cant wait until november , i wish i had 1 of those special remote like in that film "click" where i could fast forward daily life to november the 17th !

ooooohhh pffft Sorry! That totally went over my head. :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

turn away for two minutes and suddenly there is more action in here than in the oldlings...doesn't take much doing at the moment of course!

Rainbow...of course you can talk about kilts....you usually do!

Jennie....I LOVE it...but I am not taking responsibility for your weird dreams...I have enough of my own!

Cheers Rainbow for putting clips back on...I forgot that bit!

Sheena....Project 17th November is about to kick off...hopefully I will be getting the tartan soon!

Hello!

Yeah...we were totally over the moon! I took the clip off my signiture as it was getting a bit messy, I should edit that bit! Rainbow has put a couple of links on page two and it is on my myspace page.

Hello!

Yeah...we were totally over the moon! I took the clip off my signiture as it was getting a bit messy, I should edit that bit! Rainbow has put a couple of links on page two and it is on my myspace page.

Done that edit now...I don't want to continue to confuse people!

You and me alike....there is SO much to read on here...and so little time!

very true ! esp when theres a 4 year old running riot around you :naughty: ... just watched the vid, ive seen the one where hes receiving the gifts... but dint the one where he was on stage ... those trousers look so awesome on him ... really ! you should wear them more often MIKA ! :thumb_yello:

And here is a pic of Wendi and I having fun making them! :shocked:

Not that we made them on our own...but the others are in the other pic on page one and I didn't want there not to be a pic of Wendi!

He did look amazimg in them..but then he looks pretty darn good in anything really! Hope you tamed the four year old!

yes very true... i dont think ive ever seen him not looking fab ! yes the four year old is tamed now :naughty: i dont know who is more trouble him or the dog :roftl: looks like you had fun making them .. can you make me a pair :naughty: they did look awesome :thumb_yello: