why isnt mika famous in the Unites States?

Francesca

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aw i feel the same. like noone here knows who mika is in trinidad...that's why i'm spreading the word...still haven't heard him on the radio yet, but i have my work cut out for me :biggrin2:

and i'm serious i'm NOT exagerrating..only 2 out of like 30 ppl heard of mika...proof - i'm the only trinidadian here!!

its totally unfair:thumbdown: . he's like popular in almost all the other countries why not here

Well, because he hasn't broken through the U.S yet.

Give him some time!

But he is well on his way!!

He's performed on Good Morning America twice, he's doing the promo for Ugly Betty (which a lot of ppl watch), Big Girl was played on Monique's Fat Chance, his album is in an iphone commercial, he performed on So You Think You Can Dance,Grace Kelly was played on The Hills (HATE that show:thumbdown: ), and Love Today is played on MTV in the morning.

So im VERY confident that it's just a matter of time.

Haha, I hate the Hills too. Who wants to watch a bunch of rich brats whine? You can watch My Super Sweet Sixteen for that! :roftl: I didn't Mika was doing the promo for Ugly Betty. I absolutely love that show! It's by far my favorite show and the only show I'll actually plan to sit down and watch besides America's Next Top Model reruns on MTV. :roftl:

Give him some time!

He's performed on Good Morning America twice, he's doing the promo for Ugly Betty (which a lot of ppl watch), Big Girl was played on Monique's Fat Chance, his album is in an iphone commercial, he performed on So You Think You Can Dance,Grace Kelly was played on The Hills (HATE that show:thumbdown: ), and Love Today is played on MTV in the morning.

So im VERY confident that it's just a matter of time.[/quote

yeah i heard the ugly betty thing the other day. and he was on the hills! cool!! i:mf_lustslow: that show, and i heard him on the fat chance thing, ok thanks great this is awsome im getting excited. what if he gets bigger than beyonce? i swear that would be the talk of the town, and thanks for the info

Haha, I hate the Hills too. Who wants to watch a bunch of rich brats whine? You can watch My Super Sweet Sixteen for that! :roftl: I didn't Mika was doing the promo for Ugly Betty. I absolutely love that show! It's by far my favorite show and the only show I'll actually plan to sit down and watch besides America's Next Top Model reruns on MTV. :roftl:

aww i love americas next top model i saw every season and i watch tyra's show

its totally unfair:thumbdown: . he's like popular in almost all the other countries why not here

He's not all that popular in Australia... he hasn't had much exposure... if you say his name most people look at you like :blink: ... Though I was surprised at how many people came to his one concert in Sydney...

He's popular in Europe because more people have been exposed to him... I believe he is getting more exposure in the U.S due to being there at least 3 times this year (may be even more, I'm not 100% sure)...

The best way to make him popular is to expose others to his music.

he IS!!

I'm so excited 'cause i actually like that show!! I only watched So You Think You Can Dance because Mika was gonna perform. I think The Hills is incredibly pointless and boring:thumbdown: .

You can find out more about Mika and Ugly Betty by reading the thread!:thumb_yello:

He's not all that popular in Australia... he hasn't had much exposure... if you say his name most people look at you like :blink: ... Though I was surprised at how many people came to his one concert in Sydney...

He's popular in Europe because more people have been exposed to him... I believe he is getting more exposure in the U.S due to being there at least 3 times this year (may be even more, I'm not 100% sure)...

The best way to make him popular is to expose others to his music.

that's what i do and i've manage to "convert" a couple ppl and 5 others dl his songs and they loved it :biggrin2: but noone has come on mfc :thumbdown:

Because America refuses to give artists outside of the USA a chance.

Yeah, true.

America is REALLY hard to break if you don't do so-called "mainstream" music.

I have faith in Mika, though! I know that he will be HUGE here one day! :)

Give him some time!

So im VERY confident that it's just a matter of time.[/quote

yeah i heard the ugly betty thing the other day. and he was on the hills! cool!! i:mf_lustslow: that show, and i heard him on the fat chance thing, ok thanks great this is awsome im getting excited. what if he gets bigger than beyonce? i swear that would be the talk of the town, and thanks for the info

You're welcome!

If America has ANY taste Mika will be a thousand times bigger than Beyonce!:naughty:

lol I love you guys. I absolutely HATE the hills too!!!!! YAY US!!!!! haha.

It has to die. now.

But yes, I'm so sad that he's not big here yet!!! I want it to happen!!!! There has to be more MIKA in the states, and I have to have more people next to me who understand me!!! Someone to interact with about my obsession!!! ahhh!!! :tears::crybaby:

But, it'll happen eventually. It just makes me sad that other countries, most other countries, are getting tons of MIKA!!!! But it makes me happy and the same time-ish too. At least theyre getting it. At least someones getting it. I'm glad other people in the world are enjoying MIKA concerts and him on TV and all. And him being on interviews and TV shows and everywhere and everything....... :tears:

I'm glad that I have you guys to understand how i feel. :):flowers2:

wow i didn't know about those stuff...aw that's sweet since he spoke about ugly betty in an interview, it's so appropriate :biggrin2: good on ya mika! and the iphone?!?! i saw an add this evening..we get the US channels here...and i didn't hear him :(

lol I love you guys. I absolutely HATE the hills too!!!!! YAY US!!!!! haha.

It has to die. now.

But yes, I'm so sad that he's not big here yet!!! I want it to happen!!!! There has to be more MIKA in the states, and I have to have more people next to me who understand me!!! Someone to interact with about my obsession!!! ahhh!!! :tears::crybaby:

But, it'll happen eventually. It just makes me sad that other countries, most other countries, are getting tons of MIKA!!!! But it makes me happy and the same time-ish too. At least theyre getting it. At least someones getting it. I'm glad other people in the world are enjoying MIKA concerts and him on TV and all. And him being on interviews and TV shows and everywhere and everything....... :tears:

I'm glad that I have you guys to understand how i feel. :):flowers2:

I know EXCATLY what you feel. I can't wait 'til the day Mika is a household name in the U.S!!!

Ahh!!!

Just thinking about it gives me chills!:wub2:

Yeah, true.

See Hannah? I TOLD you I miss things! This forum is getting too big for me! Anyway, I like how Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse have both been given big chances and they both seem to be blowing them!

EDIT: You know for those of you who watch Ugly Betty...I'm always reminded of Mika when I see Marc. Maybe it's the curly hair. I don't know. He just seems like a fashion-forward, fabulously gay version of Mika, weird, huh? I think it may just be because I think about Mika all the time...

wow i didn't know about those stuff...aw that's sweet since he spoke about ugly betty in an interview, it's so appropriate :biggrin2: good on ya mika! and the iphone?!?! i saw an add this evening..we get the US channels here...and i didn't hear him :(

You don't hear him. You just see his album when the guy flips through the albums. and it also says "Life In Cartoon Motion" by Mika. Awesome promotion:punk: .

I wonder if Mika got a free iphone?:naughty:

probably not.:boxed:

Yeah, true.

Yeah im sure he will! I think its the same here with Canada...

Except for Quebec. He's pretty well known here... He's not huge, but.. He will be soon.

Because America refuses to give artists outside of the USA a chance.

Oooh... Harsh, yet totally true... Scissor Sisters comes to mind...

that's what i do and i've manage to "convert" a couple ppl and 5 others dl his songs and they loved it :biggrin2: but noone has come on mfc :thumbdown:

We went on a recruiting drive at the concert... we got maybe 5 people... we will keep recruiting when we do our road trip, stalking Mika around Australia... hopefully it'll happen this Summer!

I know EXCATLY what you feel. I can't wait 'til the day Mika is a household name in the U.S!!!

Ahh!!!

Just thinking about it gives me chills!:wub2:

YAY im glad you know how I feel!!!!

aahh I can't wait till he's big in the US tooo!!!!

I hate Americas taste in music. It disgusts me. It makes me sick!!!!!!!! aaaahh!!!! i HATE IT!!!!! its so putrid!!!! its not even music!!(well, the hiphop/rap portion of it anyway)!! grrrrr.

I hate Americas taste in music. It disgusts me. It makes me sick!!!!!!!! aaaahh!!!! i HATE IT!!!!! its so putrid!!!! its not even music!!(well, the hiphop/rap portion of it anyway)!! grrrrr.

Hehe... neither do I!

Actually, a lot of the music coming from the states sound all the same... that's why I got so disillusioned with the whole music scene and started *cough*downloadingmusicillegally*cough*

Thank God for Mika!!! :punk:

Hehe... neither do I!

Actually, a lot of the music coming from the states sound all the same... that's why I got so disillusioned with the whole music scene and started *cough*downloadingmusicillegally*cough*

Thank God for Mika!!! :punk:

lol niiiccceeeee

haha

Amen for MIKA!!!!

Well i can't say hiphoph/rap isn't music 'cause i don't think there's really a label to what music is. I know what you mean though. The hip hop rap stuff that's poplular here is absolutey purely for commercial purposes. There's no substance to the lyrics.I like old-school hip hop because it carries a postive message. I'm rambling. Sorry.

Anyway, i don't like America's taste in music either. (well not right now:bleh: ). It's all about sales and money and who sells the most. I mean, i know that has to factor in, but doesn't have to be the focal point.

That's one of the reasons why i like Mika and his music, because he's not forcing me to buy it. I think Mika has tons and tons of potential in the U.S. We can't say "he won't be successful in the U.S because he won't be given a chance" because we don't know that.

I hope eveyone understands what i'm trying to say:boxed: .

Aw, whatever, I like to get my groove on to hip hop music.