Worried Mika will become too big....

DS Nightly

You probably have a point. BUt I have to say: when I arrived here the first time, it felt really strange to read all these post of people who seemed to be connecting very well (am I saying that right?) I mean: lot's of inside jokes, lot's of 'hi guys, I'm back' 'oooh, finally, we've missed you'

I was surprised to see that, and it is not very easy to find a place for yourself in this crazy little world. Don't take this wrong! I've been welcomed and I don't feel like a complete outcast or something, but it's a bit like starting in a new class where all the other students already know eachother.

But I would like to say: don't be afraid of new people to come here: new subgroups will be formed, but still with one big common goal: Mika. There's space enough!

I'm at the same stage as you, but the only thing we can do is just dive right in and force people to recognise us :naughty: Eventually they will ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's totally not the subject but I noticed your signature,so you met Mika ? How ?:biggrin2:

at the Good Morning America concert! (aug.10)

I only met him for about 5 seconds:naughty: ...

he signed my LICM booklet and later after he was done performing i got the chance to have a pic with him.:wub2:

i remember it like it was yesterday....:biggrin2:

IGNORE THIS POST, IT'S TOTALLY OFF TOPIC

sorry

at the Good Morning America concert! (aug.10)

I only met him for about 5 seconds:naughty: ...

he signed my LICM booklet and later after he was done performing i got the chance to have a pic with him.:wub2:

i remember it like it was yesterday....:biggrin2:

IGNORE THIS POST, IT'S TOTALLY OFF TOPIC

sorry

Lol_it's still great !:thumb_yello: Yay for you ! :yay:

I wish I could have gone to GMA but

1)I don't live in nyc,not even in the states

2)I was going on holidays that day

Ignore me too!

Lol_it's still great !:thumb_yello: Yay for you ! :yay:

I wish I could have gone to GMA but

1)I don't live in nyc,not even in the states

2)I was going on holidays that day

Ignore me too!

:offtopic:

i noticed you've adopted everything i love about Mika.

:naughty:

his curls, his braces, his smile, his laugh.

GIVE THEM BACK!:sneaky2:

:offtopic:

i noticed you've adopted everything i love about Mika.

:naughty:

his curls, his braces, his smile, his laugh.

GIVE THEM BACK!:sneaky2:

I won't !! I wanted to adopt more !!! We can share if u want but I won't give them up !!!:no::sneaky2:

:bleh:

It still doesn't have anything to do with this thread :biggrin2:

I won't !! I wanted to adopt more !!! We can share if u want but I won't give them up !!!:no::sneaky2:

:bleh:

It still doesn't have anything to do with this thread :biggrin2:

fine:sneaky2:

we can do halfsies.

i get the curls and the smile.

ok, something relevant

I don't think we should worry about Mika becoming too famous because he seems like a he's got a good head on his shoulders.

and i don't think he'll ever forget his old fans. :thumb_yello:

You probably have a point. BUt I have to say: when I arrived here the first time, it felt really strange to read all these post of people who seemed to be connecting very well (am I saying that right?) I mean: lot's of inside jokes, lot's of 'hi guys, I'm back' 'oooh, finally, we've missed you'

I was surprised to see that, and it is not very easy to find a place for yourself in this crazy little world. Don't take this wrong! I've been welcomed and I don't feel like a complete outcast or something, but it's a bit like starting in a new class where all the other students already know eachother.

But I would like to say: don't be afraid of new people to come here: new subgroups will be formed, but still with one big common goal: Mika. There's space enough!

I'm at the same stage as you, but the only thing we can do is just dive right in and force people to recognise us :naughty: Eventually they will ;)

aww guys don't feel like that..everyone was like that at some stage! just jump right in, and it doesn't hurt having one thread in particular u practically live in. just come and jump right in the convos and b4 u know it u'll be a reg and having ur very own inside jokes :)

Our beloved Mika!:blush-anim-cl:

He is getting bigger, of course he is really talented.:thumb_yello:

I haven't been thinking about this before I read this thread.

And now I feel a bit enbarressed about myself, because I was complaining about when he is coming to Stockholm in November he will performe in a place that takes 3000 people.:boxed:

I was lucky enough to even see him when he was here in April, that time in a small theatre, the bar at Berns.

And then I read about all you people who, so far, not have had one chance to see him performe.

I really hope he will come to your countries!:thumb_yello:

And this place, mfc, is like a home to me too.

I'm spending too many hours reading and looking at pictures and interviews, but I love it!:biggrin2:

Our beloved Mika!:blush-anim-cl:

He is getting bigger, of course he is really talented.:thumb_yello:

I haven't been thinking about this before I read this thread.

And now I feel a bit enbarressed about myself, because I was complaining about when he is coming to Stockholm in November he will performe in a place that takes 3000 people.:boxed:

I was lucky enough to even see him when he was here in April, that time in a small theatre, the bar at Berns.

And then I read about all you people who, so far, not have had one chance to see him performe.

I really hope he will come to your countries!:thumb_yello:

And this place, mfc, is like a home to me too.

I'm spending too many hours reading and looking at pictures and interviews, but I love it!:biggrin2:

WOO HOO! I agree completely cachingaaaaa!!! How can one man with so much talent not get famous?? Just don't forget the little guys mika! WE'VE LOVED YOU LONGER THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD! GO MFC!

fine:sneaky2:

we can do halfsies.

i get the curls and the smile.

ok, something relevant

I don't think we should worry about Mika becoming too famous because he seems like a he's got a good head on his shoulders.

and i don't think he'll ever forget his old fans. :thumb_yello:

:no: I want to keep his curls and smiles !!! we can share the all 4 ?deal ?

Otherwise,I think you're right.Our Mika "has a good head on his shoulders" indeed :biggrin2:

:no: I want to keep his curls and smiles !!! we can share the all 4 ?deal ?

Otherwise,I think you're right.Our Mika "has a good head on his shoulders" indeed :biggrin2:

indeed he does! And one handsome head at that!! *smiles at the thought of his smile* He's a smart guy that Mika...of course ppl make mistakes...but let's hope they aren't as bad as actually destroying the galaxy!:roftl:

Yeah... on the one hand it'd be great for Mika, but on the other hand I don't want it to get like MJ where I've been a fan my whole , been injured by fans and paps, and only met him once for a second.

that would suck.....

Yeah some things get blown waay out of porportion in hollywood today...i mean you always here about paris hilton or linlo but never william shantner or anyone like him so i think mika should use their stragy and keep away from the paps!!

Yeah, he is a singer/songwritter/performer. And we ALL know that he is not 'our friend' BUT we are his fans.... the ones that have been here all along. The ones that were there before the WHOLE world knew who he was... the very CORE of Fan existence! Of course we wish him continued success.... And OF COURSE we want a chance to meet him. That is ONLY natural.

All along? I'm having a hard time understanding what people mean when they say "we" have been supporting him all along and then mention these other so-called fans who are going to block our access to Mika, making it grossly unfair since we are his "real fans".

Who is a "real fan"? 3 million people have bought his album and hundreds of thousands of people have seen him live (which is more than can be said of many members on MFC). Why do you presume that they are not real core fans and are less entitled to meet him than you are?

There are only a handful of people I know of who have truly been by his side since the beginning. I downloaded a couple of his songs in November and in March I became one of only 1,200 Canadians who've seen him live. I joined the fan club a week or two later. Even that I don't consider being by his side from the very beginning because he was enjoying immense success in the UK and France from the moment he first got airplay. I'm sure the only reason many of us have even heard of him is because he was well on his way to huge success before we came along.

There are fans he knows by name and face because he has had so much contact with them since the start of his career, but I'm not one of them and neither are thousands of other people who would consider themselves a real fan.

You're right that wanting to meet Mika is natural. I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't love half an hour to sit down with him and have a good chat, but except for the fortunate few who have some kind of extraordinary access to him, this is now pure fantasy whether his popularity continues to grow or not.

My greatest fear for Mika is that he will be a one hit wonder and his dreams will be shattered after all his years of preparation and backbreaking work of the past 12 months. To hear people say that their greatest fear is to not be able to talk to him for 2 minutes and get a photograph and an autograph seems selfish to me.

To hear people say that they are somehow more entitled to spend time with Mika than other people who also love his music is disturbing to me. I am a member of MFC because I enjoy Mika's music, there is a lot of information about him on the site and I love talking to many of you about Mika. I'm not here to prove to the world and Mika that I am a real fan and believe it entitles me to some kind of personal attention from Mika when it's not physically possible for him to give that kind of attention to all of his fans.

aww guys don't feel like that..everyone was like that at some stage! just jump right in, and it doesn't hurt having one thread in particular u practically live in. just come and jump right in the convos and b4 u know it u'll be a reg and having ur very own inside jokes :)

I know :) It's like this everytime I join a new forum, there's always a periode of warming up, getting to know the forum and the language used there, and then it all comes together after a while :)

All along? I'm having a hard time understanding what people mean when they say "we" have been supporting him all along and then mention these other so-called fans who are going to block our access to Mika, making it grossly unfair since we are his "real fans".

Who is a "real fan"? 3 million people have bought his album and hundreds of thousands of people have seen him live (which is more than can be said of many members on MFC). Why do you presume that they are not real core fans and are less entitled to meet him than you are?

There are only a handful of people I know of who have truly been by his side since the beginning. I downloaded a couple of his songs in November and in March I became one of only 1,200 Canadians who've seen him live. I joined the fan club a week or two later. Even that I don't consider being by his side from the very beginning because he was enjoying immense success in the UK and France from the moment he first got airplay. I'm sure the only reason many of us have even heard of him is because he was well on his way to huge success before we came along.

There are fans he knows by name and face because he has had so much contact with them since the start of his career, but I'm not one of them and neither are thousands of other people who would consider themselves a real fan.

You're right that wanting to meet Mika is natural. I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't love half an hour to sit down with him and have a good chat, but except for the fortunate few who have some kind of extraordinary access to him, this is now pure fantasy whether his popularity continues to grow or not.

My greatest fear for Mika is that he will be a one hit wonder and his dreams will be shattered after all his years of preparation and backbreaking work of the past 12 months. To hear people say that their greatest fear is to not be able to talk to him for 2 minutes and get a photograph and an autograph seems selfish to me.

To hear people say that they are somehow more entitled to spend time with Mika than other people who also love his music is disturbing to me. I am a member of MFC because I enjoy Mika's music, there is a lot of information about him on the site and I love talking to many of you about Mika. I'm not here to prove to the world and Mika that I am a real fan and believe it entitles me to some kind of personal attention from Mika when it's not physically possible for him to give that kind of attention to all of his fans.

excuse me but it's not our fault that he doesn't come to our countries as often as we would like him too, i'm not saying that there is real fans and fake fans, we are all fans of mika and should supposrt him togther...but some of us feel strongly to say they are die hard mika fans because maybe they are...this forum also has alot of imagination on it too...we would all like to believe that mika will run off to a foreign country with us and that he likes us better than everyone else...i see your point very clearly and it makes alot of sense to me but this is all for fun (along with me) some people like him to the extend of crying at the thought of never going to see one of his marvellous concerts everyone talks about...he almost NEVER comes to canada so i like to imagine him and imagine that he likes me the most although we've never met...he's just so amazing!

excuse me but it's not our fault that he doesn't come to our countries as often as we would like him too, i'm not saying that there is real fans and fake fans, we are all fans of mika and should supposrt him togther...but some of us feel strongly to say they are die hard mika fans because maybe they are...this forum also has alot of imagination on it too...we would all like to believe that mika will run off to a foreign country with us and that he likes us better than everyone else...i see your point very clearly and it makes alot of sense to me but this is all for fun (along with me) some people like him to the extend of crying at the thought of never going to see one of his marvellous concerts everyone talks about...he almost NEVER comes to canada so i like to imagine him and imagine that he likes me the most although we've never met...he's just so amazing!

He also dosen't come to America as much as I want him to,and I also imagine seeing him!

He also dosen't come to America as much as I want him to,and I also imagine seeing him!

I know!!! He never comes to north america!!! I've only seen him like 5 times on youtube in usa and like 3 in canada!!! i was goona say run off to france but some ppl here live in france:P

excuse me but it's not our fault that he doesn't come to our countries as often as we would like him too

If some people get their wish and Mika is not hugely succesful then that's exactly why he won't come to smaller countries.

If Mika doesn't gain popularity in North America eventually he will stop wasting his time coming here. He has been bending over backwards trying to break in the US because his backers are American and he has a strong affinity to the US through family and industry ties. Also the payoff, should it happen, will be enormous. Even moderate success in the US could double his worldwide album sales.

But if it never happens he will have to concentrate his efforts on Europe and Asia because he can't continue to dig himself into a financial hole here when he could be earning a good living elsewhere.

That's exactly what happened to Robbie Williams, who is far more massive worldwide than Mika. As far as I know Robbie hasn't been to Canada since 1998 or 1999 even though he has been breaking world records in terms of quantity and speed of ticket sales.

I paid $15 to see Mika and the money spent putting on that show was ridiculous. He had to fly himself and the band to the states and then up to Canada. He had to hire circus performers, hand out hundreds of lollipops, decorate the place in balloons, get a bubble machine in and rent expensive animal costumes. None of it was justified by the cost of the ticket or the size of the audience. I felt like I was at a private record album launch, not one of the cheapest shows I've ever seen in my life.

I was a lucky, lucky fan to be in the right place at the right moment and of course I'd love to live it all over again. But to expect Mika to continue to incur this kind of debt and go to this much trouble to make a few hundred people happy without the promise of having great success in the future is ludicrous. Even if he wanted to, he just couldn't do it indefinitely.

If I have the choice of seeing Mika at the Air Canada Centre or having to spend $2000 to fly to London or Paris, I'll take the Air Canada Centre.

i totally agreee...... and i m pretty sure he will become huge in couple of years...... good for him but very scared for my self. i have been to 3 concerts in america and i have met him, took pictures, got autgraphs and talked all three times. and he even remembers me. i donno if i will be able to say this in couple of years............... but i will surely be happy for him......

i totally agreee...... and i m pretty sure he will become huge in couple of years...... good for him but very scared for my self. i have been to 3 concerts in america and i have met him, took pictures, got autgraphs and talked all three times. and he even remembers me. i donno if i will be able to say this in couple of years............... but i will surely be happy for him......

is that manager lady in the background? SECOND SPOTTING!