Official Mika Christmas Project Thread

Hannah

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIGHT!!!!!! I'll try to change this lyrics-thing!

about the nu,ber of countries... we don't know where everyone comes from :( but that reminds me that sonjalovestoday also participates here... she's from iceland, so we are really 20 (at least). I'll add her to the list.

Could we not PM every person participating and ask for their country? I guess that is not too personal information..

Sorry, didn't mean to put a downer on it,because it would be awesome if we could make a world record from it. But I thought you should be forewarned so as not to cause too much disappointment later.

RIGHT!!!!!! I'll try to change this lyrics-thing!

about the nu,ber of countries... we don't know where everyone comes from :( but that reminds me that sonjalovestoday also participates here... she's from iceland, so we are really 20 (at least). I'll add her to the list.

You see this is an "internet'' category..which is different that than other Guiness categories and all of us Cannot be all at the place at the same time.

We can have all our names listed and also we are all speaking too from where we are. If it is revealed..maybe I have to be there when its revealed or maybe not.,,we have someone from the MFC going to give him this.

Maybe we can somehow talk to the music people at the Theatre that we can play it for him infront of the audience. What you think of that? That way a "rep" of Guiness can hear the actual finished masterpiece. We need someone who is good at pulling strings at these things...we have to know details before this event!

suz

Sorry, didn't mean to put a downer on it,because it would be awesome if we could make a world record from it. But I thought you should be forewarned so as not to cause too much disappointment later.

After all, I don't really think that this could work but the planning is SO EXCITING! of course - PMing everyone is a good idea but it might need some time to get the answers... :(:(:(

Hmm... "The lyrics were changed so that they contain references to Mika, his songs, his life, mfc happenings"? something like that maybe?

Does anybody know the exact rules and all the arrangements that must be fulfilled in order to be accepted by WGR?

This is indeed a valid point. I just imagined - all of us singing together in Mika's gig! That would be... incredible. We should organize rehearsals etc... MAD :biggrin2:

oh my god like a choir!I have choir experience!

oh goodness me! what are we getting into?

but hey if we don't try we won't know!

You see this is an "internet'' category..which is different that than other Guiness categories and all of us Cannot be all at the place at the same time.

We can have all our names listed and also we are all speaking too from where we are. If it is revealed..maybe I have to be there when its revealed or maybe not.,,we have someone from the MFC going to give him this.

Maybe we can somehow talk to the music people at the Theatre that we can play it for him infront of the audience. What you think of that? That way a "rep" of Guiness can hear the actual finished masterpiece. We need someone who is good at pulling strings at these things...we have to know details before this event!

suz

Do you think the peoples' names should be listed in the submit? ....argh! this is all so.... internet-ishly unofficial.. :(

Could anyone PLEASE tell me what I should do now? I'm helpless & despaired.

And I'll be in London, whatever happens :D Flights are quite cheap :)

oh my god like a choir!I have choir experience!

oh goodness me! what are we getting into?

but hey if we don't try we won't know!

I know it is completely unrealistic, but just imagining all of us there singing is sooo exciting! I sing in choir too;) Ahh, maybe we could sing during a giant voice chat and make those WGR people listen! :roftl:

Do you think the peoples' names should be listed in the submit? ....argh! this is all so.... internet-ishly unofficial.. :(

Could anyone PLEASE tell me what I should do now? I'm helpless & despaired.

And I'll be in London, whatever happens :D Flights are quite cheap :)

Which gigs are you attending?

I think someone here should talk to someone at GWR and get it clarified what the criteria is, so there is no confusion, because I don't know about anyone else, but I am totally confused.

Making A Record Attempt

Thank you for your interest in wishing to set or break a Guinness World Record.

To ensure that we are able to deal with your application, as speedily and as helpfully as possible, please take the time to read the information and instructions on the subsequent pages. The whole process should only take 5-10 minutes.

It is highly recommended that you are connected to a printer, as you will need to print several pages for reference, as well as a form at the end, part of which you must submit to us before we are able to review your proposal/claim.

If you are interested in multiple records/claims, you will need to fill out a separate proposal form for each individual record/claim.

All Guinness World Records (GWR) must be approved at our London headquarters. No-one else has the authority to distribute rules or approve records on our behalf. Until GWR has received a signed copy of the Agreement from the applicant, GWR in no way encourages, authorises or permits any record attempt to be carried out and it will have absolutely no connection with or authorise any record attempt carried out before such acknowledgement.

Is it a Record?

Please note that with the large number of records we have on file, and around 50,000 proposals for brand new world records each year, we must of necessity be very selective as to what we can accept as a new record category. Sadly this means that a large proportion of new record proposals are turned down.

There are subject areas and types of suggestions that we consistently do not accept. The new categories we choose tend to be exciting, easily quantifiable and of the greatest interest to people worldwide.

As we do not wish for you to waste your time unnecessarily, by making a claim that we will not accept, we recommend that if you are making a claim/proposal for what you believe to be a new category, you take the time to review the following checklist. It gives examples of records that we will accept and ones we would not in a number of areas that are very popular.

Is your proposed claim/record...

a 'first'?

based on the fact that you possess a unique talent or are the only person to be able to do something?

based on the fact that you possess a unique object, or the only object of its kind?

based on your age?

based on your nationality, race or religion?

based on your disability and/or medical condition?

about poetry or art?

for playing computer games?

based on an animal’s weight or breed?

for driving between two points in the least amount of time, or covering the greatest distance in a motor vehicle in a set time?

for the smallest example of a particular item or object?

for the largest example of an everyday object?

regarding chain letters/emails or collecting greetings cards, business cards or compliment slips?

that you claim to have the most degrees, professional qualifications or best examination results?

Once you have checked your claim against the above and feel that it is of interest to us here at Guinness World Records*, please click the "Next" button below.

Making your Record Proposal

There are two stages to make your proposal to us here at Guinness World Records

Stage 1 - Fill in the Claim Form

Stage 2 - Sign & fax the Agreement Regarding Record Attempts to us

Until we receive your signed copy of the Agreement, we cannot process your claim. You will receive an email notification shortly after your Agreement is received.

Please note, there is no fee involved for a standard record claim/proposal, however, it currently takes between four and six weeks to reply to your record application once we have received your signed Agreement.

However, if you need an answer quicker than this, we can respond within three working days of receiving the signed Agreement and application. This premium FAST TRACK service carries a charge of £300.

If you do require a reply urgently we strongly advise that you use our FAST TRACK service. By selecting the "Proceed with fast track" button below, your application time will be shorter and you will be asked for payment details on the final page.

Record title

Please give the country and place the record attempt will be held at:

City/Town/Village

When will the attempt be held?

What type of claim do you want to make?

Normal

Fast Track

What record (current or potentially new) are you interested in?

You MUST include the following:

Who is attempting (or attempted) this?

How will they (or did they) do it?

How is it measured, what is the record based on?

Why are you doing this?

In the case of potentially new record categories, please supply as much information as possible (but only up to 7,000 characters) to ensure that we can evaluate your suggestion fully.

Yes, TOTALLY confused... I don't know what this whole thing .....well, how we have to handle this. I'll just fill in the stuff with the changed lyrics, then copy everything and cancel the request. We can do it tonight when Hannah and the others afre back! And it's already half past 3 for Suz... ;)

that's our text so far:

We at the MFC (http://www.Mikafanclub.com) are loyal supporters of a singer/songwriter called Mika. We are not an organisation but a random group of people from all over the world.

At MFC we partake in many things, one of which is this. A member of the MFC, Hannah, came up with the idea to make him a Christmas song, along the lines of "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which would be presented to him in December. The lyrics of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" have been changed so that they contain references to Mika, his songs, his life as well as happenings on the MFC.

There are 101 people from at least 20 different countries and everyone of us is recording our voice part individually at home. Finally, these song fragments are sent to Hannah for compilation and editing.

We think that there has never been a project like this in the whole world involving such a huge number of people from different countries. Thus, we are confident that our song compilation for Mika deserves entering the Guiness Book of World Records.

It's hard to tell a specific place for the record attempt as this project has been planned & organised via the internet. However, the song is going to be presented to Mika in London, UK.

Is it "on the MFC"?

that's our text so far:

We at the MFC (http://www.Mikafanclub.com) are loyal supporters of a singer/songwriter called Mika. We are not an organisation but a random group of people from all over the world.

At MFC we partake in many things, one of which is this. A member of the MFC, Hannah, came up with the idea to make him a Christmas song, along the lines of "The Twelve Days of Christmas", which would be presented to him in December. The lyrics of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" have been changed so that they contain references to Mika, his songs, his life as well as happenings on the MFC.

There are 101 people from at least 20 different countries and everyone of us is recording our voice part individually at home. Finally, these song fragments are sent to Hannah for compilation and editing.

We think that there has never been a project like this in the whole world involving such a huge number of people from different countries. Thus, we are confident that our song compilation for Mika deserves entering the Guiness Book of World Records.

It's hard to tell a specific place for the record attempt as this project has been planned & organised via the internet. However, the song is going to be presented to Mika in London, UK.

Is it "on the MFC"?

Maybe we need all our names and Country before we get on the form. Maybe we need to phone someone. I can do that if you want.

And each country listed too.

Yes, TOTALLY confused... I don't know what this whole thing .....well, how we have to handle this. I'll just fill in the stuff with the changed lyrics, then copy everything and cancel the request. We can do it tonight when Hannah and the others afre back! And it's already half past 3 for Suz... ;)

Yes, it's actually a good idea to temporize a bit. And found out the criteria and other's opinions.

I guess I'll go to dinner now and then come back and have some wonderful ideas. Not sure about the English, but in Latvia we have a saying "An empty stomach is not your brother" :naughty:

Maybe we need all our names and Country before we get on the form. Maybe we need to phone someone. I can do that if you want.

And each country listed too.

That'd be great!!!!!

I'll PM you my password, then you can have a look at what the GWR wants.

THANK YOU!!

I need to go to bed

its late ...but its good thing we spoke about this. We need to make sure details are correct if we are to be considered..

suzanne:)

Good night, Suz! Sleep well & dream sweetly!! :):) :huglove:

thank you so much!

Yes, it's actually a good idea to temporize a bit. And found out the criteria and other's opinions.

I guess I'll go to dinner now and then come back and have some wonderful ideas. Not sure about the English, but in Latvia we have a saying "An empty stomach is not your brother" :naughty:

Guten Hunger :D

See you all later then!