lindor_love_today

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard it today.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

It sounds really different, the way it has been mixed. I'm not sure about it yet..

It's been cut down by around a minute and has a more upbeat feel to it. I think the album version is much, much better - but it still sounds fresh compared to a lot of the other stuff you hear on the radio..

Sara Cox (the DJ) said it has been getting a 'good response' from her listeners so that is the main thing really.

Sorry :boxed: I don't know how to record it for people or else I would have :bleh:

Really ?:shocked:

Is it changed a lot?

Is it much more alerting !:blink:

They've put a more prominent backing beat on it - almost an R n B sounding beat (which I think spoils it, there's more than enough R n B out there already :boxed:). The ending is much shorter and all mixed up - as someone else commented I think it was RAK1.

Hmmm, the jury is out...

Argh Radio 1 is nearly as bad as this place to get on!

HAs he changed it so Zuleika is singing?

Just wondered as she will (I would think) will be the one doing it at the gigs with him! She should get some credit. Hope he is paying her well!

xx

They've put a more prominent backing beat on it - almost an R n B sounding beat (which I think spoils it, there's more than enough R n B out there already :boxed:). The ending is much shorter and all mixed up - as someone else commented I think it was RAK1.

Hmmm, the jury is out...

I don't like R n B music or beats !:boxed:

Yeah it 's too much RnB music everywhere!I agree!

HAs he changed it so Zuleika is singing?

Just wondered as she will (I would think) will be the one doing it at the gigs with him! xx

I don't care bout remix:mf_rosetinted: Even the album version for me was too "gospel":bleh:

I mean, it would be probably be a lack of romance atmosphere but Mika's voice remain the same, isn'it?

daisylou, no it isn't his sister singing, it hasn't been re-recorded, just remixed.

greta - it's the original vocal from Mika but I dunno, his voice gets a bit lost in the mix, I think. That new backing track is intrusive. Just my opinion.

blimey I am over-analysing this now!!! I'm going to let it lie :naughty:

BY THE WAY the Radio 1 link is working (for me) now..don't know if it'll work for people outside the UK but it's worth a try:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/

Go to Listen/Podcasts, scroll down and select 'Sara Cox in for Edith Bowman' (Weds) and Fast Forward to 1:20 mins...then just keep listening for the Mikster:biggrin2:

insteresting version. Who knows mybe the new beat which has been but in the song might help it in the charts. To be honest i knew there would be a radio edit version of this song cus even though i love the ending of the song i think as for as radio is concerned it goes on for to long ,bit suprised about the beat i wasn't expecting that in the song but like i said it may help.

can't wait far this to come out on karaoke :punk: but wait ........ this time i may need a girl to help me :biggrin2: lol

btw thank you very much for the instructions cus without them i wouldn't have found it, lol

Hmmm, the jury is out...

Yeah I thought the same when I heard her play it yesterday. It's the same background beat as the album version, just more louder/prominent as you have said. Not sure about the end, will have to listen to it again. I like it, it's away makes single more commercial, and main-stream. I'll have to wait and see which one like more, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the album version.

F.x

Yeah I thought the same when I heard her play it yesterday. It's the same background beat as the album version, just more louder/prominent as you have said. Not sure about the end, will have to listen to it again. I think it, it away makes the single far more commercial, and main-stream. I'll have to wait and see which one like more, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the album version.

F.x

In the album version it's more of a 'shuffling' beat I think - this new version is definitely more RnB, and yes, more commercial.

If at the end of the day it gets Mika 'across' to a new section of fans then I won't mind.

Oh damn, I replied to this lat night and it's gone. In fact, I think my post count is about 15 less. :-( Hope I don't ignore anyone by mistake, even though I replied last night Oh well, getting OT!:fisch:

I have a thing against radio cuts and edits and mixes, and I think I'm challenged because I can't find the part in the radio show. I'm listeing to it, but I can't get to 1:20. Oh well, ignore me. I'll hear it eventually.