help with homework??

hunnyangel

I am too! ::high fives::

I have to write an essay based on a critique from the Scarlett Letter.

Shouldn't be too bad, I'm just a big procrastinator.

Bleh the Scarlett Letter! We read that in October and we just finished the Crucible. My essay on the Scarlett Letter was easy but somehow I got 174/196...oh well. And I have no idea what the Scarlett Letter has to do with the AP test hehe.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh the Scarlett Letter! We read that in October and we just finished the Crucible. My essay on the Scarlett Letter was easy but somehow I got 174/196...oh well. And I have no idea what the Scarlett Letter has to do with the AP test hehe.

We're starting The Crucible this week.

I'm sure the essay itself will be easy for me once I get the flow of things, it's MLA format that always kills me.

i'll help with your english essay, but i have never read the scarlet letter, so i dont know how much of a help i would be

Haha, thank you! Are you familiar with MLA format?

I'm sure the essay itself will be easy for me once I get the flow of things, it's MLA format that always kills me.

Yeah luckily my teacher last year made us use MLA format. The Crucible is a lot better than the Scarlett Letter, by the way :thumb_yello:

Yeah luckily my teacher last year made us use MLA format. The Crucible is a lot better than the Scarlett Letter, by the way :thumb_yello:

It seems much more interesting.

For The Crucible my teacher is going to make us recreate a scene on film. :blink: She's a nut. xD

What aspect of MLA format are you unsure about? Do you mean the way you lay out the paper (1 inch borders, double space, left justified heading, etc.) or the citations or what? I've got some old guidelines I was given last year by my teacher that I could probably dig up depending on what you're having trouble with. Or if all else fails, Google :naughty:

What aspect of MLA format are you unsure about? Do you mean the way you lay out the paper (1 inch borders, double space, left justified heading, etc.) or the citations or what? I've got some old guidelines I was given last year by my teacher that I could probably dig up depending on what you're having trouble with. Or if all else fails, Google :naughty:

The citing is what always gets me.

The citing is what always gets me.

Well on the most basic level... always remember to put the parenthetical citations before the ending punctuation. My teacher was obsessive about that last year. :boxed::bleh:

This site has some good examples of citations within papers along with rules... http://www.library.cornell.edu/newhelp/res_strategy/citing/mla.html#mla

Well on the most basic level... always remember to put the parenthetical citations before the ending punctuation. My teacher was obsessive about that last year. :boxed::bleh:

This site has some good examples of citations within papers along with rules... http://www.library.cornell.edu/newhelp/res_strategy/citing/mla.html#mla

I HATE citations....so I never put any hahah.:thumbdown:

I'm a Junior in High School.

What grade are you in?

I'm a Junior also!!! At my school, Junior English is AP Language or Hon/Reg. American Lit. and Senior English is AP Literature or Hon/Reg. European Lit. Must be the opposite from your school. But my school is strange in the AP department hahaha.

I'm a Junior also!!! At my school, Junior English is AP Language or Hon/Reg. American Lit. and Senior English is AP Literature or Hon/Reg. European Lit. Must be the opposite from your school. But my school is strange in the AP department hahaha.

Haha, it's crazy how similar our courses are when we live on different sides of the continent!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who play piano, or any intrument (I guess) I need to know the relative minor of:

C major

G major

A major

And the relative major of:

A minor

D minor

C minor

Please and thank you! And I need it ASAP

For those of you who play piano, or any intrument (I guess) I need to know the relative minor of:

C major

G major

A major

And the relative major of:

A minor

D minor

C minor

Please and thank you! And I need it ASAP

It's all explained here, although I'm too dull to understand it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_key