Mika radio show

lindor_love_today

Ok... here's the deal, I can't find it on the internet so I'll just tell you what my dad said was on.

Dad said he was listening to the radio, and flicked over onto a Mika show thing, where they played a couple of songs (inc GK and LT), talked about him and talked to him.

He said they talked a bit about his life, mentioned that he was very unhappy in school, bullied by the kids and abused by a teacher (at this point Mika changed the subject apparantly).

Apparantly there was also something about a researcher who's researching Mik for a biography, which REALLY got me excited. Gonna keep searching for it and interview my dad to get more info!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what shocked me. The use of the word 'abused' rather than 'bullied' implies something completely different, as does Mika's refusal to talk about it. Just makes my heart go out to him so much. I'd heard he had 'problems' with a teacher, but this sounds awful. I really empathise with him so much more than I already did after hearing this.

He gave too much detail to be kidding around. I mean he knew all sorts. Told me what songs they played, what his voice was like, talked bout his childhood and everything.

The teacher thing sounds awful. But, we should really try not to speculate. If Mika doesn't want to talk about it, then it's obviously still really traumatic for him. And, if the connotations you associate with the word abuse are true, he really wouldn't want that speculated about on the board. I know I wouldn't. And if it's not true, he wouldn't want that kind of rumour flying round about him.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

I know. I know my worst nightmare would be my friends or whatever specualting over stuff like this about me, so I'm sure Mika would feel the same here. Judging by what I've been told about his refusal to talk about it and changing the subject, this is still really traumatic to him and... yeah.

I think we're assuming too much. Abuse can mean lots of things, including verbal abuse. So, who knows. It's certanly a touchy subject, though. It's best not to speculate until he says something specifically about it, if he even does. But, this interview sounds very interesting.. hopefully it'll be found somewhere.

Wow. Abused? I read he was PICKED on by teachers, but not abused. Good luck!

i think that abused is the same thing as being picked on in this situation.. not that i really have any clue.. none of us do.. but i really don't think it was that serious :cheerful_h4h: mika never really wants to talk about his childhood so i just think he changed the subject because of that