Calling all Californians!

Mika3Maniac

Awe, I remember how that felt about parents needing to take you. I was a pretty lucky kid; however, I didn't know it at the time. When I was a teenager, I lived in Mississippi where nothing happened at all. The closest city was Memphis (70 miles) and my parents had to take me there for every concert and thank goodness they did. I didn't appreciate it as much at the time..but, I remember they took me too a KISS concert. LOL!! I don't know too many parents who would take their kid to that and let them in front row. LOL!

Yes, Josh is amazing. Did you know he has a new Christmas CD out? I love it.

aww...i can imagine how that will feel...:thumbdown:

josh groban is amazing...:biggrin2:

I rarely go to concerts since I'd have to go 2+ hours to get anywhere, and my parents aren't willing to do that all the time...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awe, I remember how that felt about parents needing to take you. I was a pretty lucky kid; however, I didn't know it at the time. When I was a teenager, I lived in Mississippi where nothing happened at all. The closest city was Memphis (70 miles) and my parents had to take me there for every concert and thank goodness they did. I didn't appreciate it as much at the time..but, I remember they took me too a KISS concert. LOL!! I don't know too many parents who would take their kid to that and let them in front row. LOL!

Yes, Josh is amazing. Did you know he has a new Christmas CD out? I love it.

That's pretty awesome! My dad would do that, my mom wouldn't...

Ooh! He does?! I'll have to see about getting that...I love Christmas music, it always makes me so happy!:biggrin2:

My parents did it as a date night. They would drop my friends and me off at the arena and then, they would go out to eat. Two hours later, they would pick us up. Gee, I've been going to concerts my whole life. Hmmm, guess one never truely grows up.

Of course, when my parents didn't feel like date night, it was Mom that took me and she would go to the concert herself. LOL

Well, I think I'm going to head for bed. Hope you have a great night. Take care.

That's pretty awesome! My dad would do that, my mom wouldn't...

Ooh! He does?! I'll have to see about getting that...I love Christmas music, it always makes me so happy!:biggrin2:

hey nono did you send in your Christmas audio part thing? are you still doing it?

I haven't sent it in yet but I am still doing it.........if I am ever satisfied with my voice when I do it and when I'm home alone (which will be never haha(

Why do you ask?:bleh:

I haven't sent it in yet but I am still doing it.........if I am ever satisfied with my voice when I do it and when I'm home alone (which will be never haha(

Why do you ask?:bleh:

hahah. o just wondering coz the deadline is in a few days. I havent sent it in yet, but i know ill procrastinate and eventually not get it in, but i still really want to! and i don't know how to record it or anything...

and i want to let them know soon if im not gonna do it, coz i dont want them to end up just putting in a replacement without me telling them anything, coz that would seem mean of me.

haha

hang on how old is everyone here? like all of the californians?

me-15

fmbm-15

mika3maniac-16

lollipopgirl-16

charlotte-

and who else?

hahah. o just wondering coz the deadline is in a few days. I havent sent it in yet, but i know ill procrastinate and eventually not get it in, but i still really want to! and i don't know how to record it or anything...

and i want to let them know soon if im not gonna do it, coz i dont want them to end up just putting in a replacement without me telling them anything, coz that would seem mean of me.

haha

hang on how old is everyone here? like all of the californians?

me-15

fmbm-15

mika3maniac-16

lollipopgirl-16

charlotte-

and who else?

Oh ok hahaha. You can sing your part on your phone as a video, put it on youtube, and then convert it into an mp3:thumb_yello:

Oh ok hahaha. You can sing your part on your phone as a video, put it on youtube, and then convert it into an mp3:thumb_yello:

im having so much trouble w/ mine...

my dad's phone has no cord to hook it to the computer, the voice recorder i borrowed was the wrong file type and when i tried to convert it it didn't work...so now i have no clue what the heck to do..

im having so much trouble w/ mine...

my dad's phone has no cord to hook it to the computer, the voice recorder i borrowed was the wrong file type and when i tried to convert it it didn't work...so now i have no clue what the heck to do..

Do you have video on your phone or camera?

haha...I have no camera, or a phone...my dad's phone is the only one with video...

Ok good. Record yourself singing that part. Then if possible, you should be able to send that video to an account online without a cord. Next, save it. Then upload it to youtube and then convert it to an mp3 from there. I could do the converting part for you after you uplaod to youtube if you'd like

Ok good. Record yourself singing that part. Then if possible, you should be able to send that video to an account online without a cord. Next, save it. Then upload it to youtube and then convert it to an mp3 from there. I could do the converting part for you after you uplaod to youtube if you'd like

hmm...OK, let me see what i can do...

Hey Californians,

How is everyone doing down there? Up here we're hearing all bout the crazy fires burning throughout southern Cali - is everyone okay?

My fiance's company has their headquarters in Carmel Valley (San Diego), and everyone in that office was asked not to come to work.

Hope everyone's okay! :boxed:

Hey Californians,

How is everyone doing down there? Up here we're hearing all bout the crazy fires burning throughout southern Cali - is everyone okay?

My fiance's company has their headquarters in Carmel Valley (San Diego), and everyone in that office was asked not to come to work.

Hope everyone's okay! :boxed:

Hii. When I look out of the windows of my house all I can see is black/grey/orange smoke. It's so bad that I couldn't even sleep in my own bedroom last night because the smoke was seeping through the cracks in the window sills. Plus, I have the flu so it's really not cool :thumbdown: The closest wildfire to my house is about 20 miles away, so that just shows how strong the fires are. Grrrrrrr stupid arsonists.

Yeah there's a big fire down in San Diego also so it's a good idea that they don't have to go to work today. I feel really sorry for all of my friends at school today!

Hii. When I look out of the windows of my house all I can see is black/grey/orange smoke. It's so bad that I couldn't even sleep in my own bedroom last night because the smoke was seeping through the cracks in the window sills. Plus, I have the flu so it's really not cool :thumbdown: The closest wildfire to my house is about 20 miles away, so that just shows how strong the fires are. Grrrrrrr stupid arsonists.

Yeah there's a big fire down in San Diego also so it's a good idea that they don't have to go to work today. I feel really sorry for all of my friends at school today!

Did you stay home today?

omg this day is the strangest day ever.

I feel sooo weird. It makes you in this strange mood.. It's a blanket of dust and ashes and smoke on everything and everywhere. When i woke up this morning i couldnt even see the sun becausae of all the dust and smoke and ash everywhere and they sky is like red. Its soooo scary. It feels like we're just being swallowed by the smoke and ash and the worlds gonna end :shocked: no haha.

I'm about 5 miles from 1 of the fires. Yeah. i know. wow.

I feel horrible tho. and school was horrible. Theres a coat of ash and dust on everythin and the wind makes it a million times worse and it gets in everyones eyes and mouth and i could barely breathe. Its soo scary!!!

We might not have school tomorrow either so thats good. No one could stand being at school with that, and no one ate outside during lunch and everyone was in the mall inside, and it was soooo packed and burning hot you could barely move. thank goodness they opened the gym.

how is everyone? haha

Did you stay home today?

omg this day is the strangest day ever.

I feel sooo weird. It makes you in this strange mood.. It's a blanket of dust and ashes and smoke on everything and everywhere. When i woke up this morning i couldnt even see the sun becausae of all the dust and smoke and ash everywhere and they sky is like red. Its soooo scary. It feels like we're just being swallowed by the smoke and ash and the worlds gonna end :shocked: no haha.

I'm about 5 miles from 1 of the fires. Yeah. i know. wow.

I feel horrible tho. and school was horrible. Theres a coat of ash and dust on everythin and the wind makes it a million times worse and it gets in everyones eyes and mouth and i could barely breathe. Its soo scary!!!

We might not have school tomorrow either so thats good. No one could stand being at school with that, and no one ate outside during lunch and everyone was in the mall inside, and it was soooo packed and burning hot you could barely move. thank goodness they opened the gym.

how is everyone? haha

OMG?!?! Are you 5 miles away from the Lake Forest fire? Because I think the ones that are making Newport Beach icky are the Irvine fires. Yeah I stayed home today. I've been laying on the couch all weekend so i had to use today to do all of my homework, but I'm still ill anyways. I just went out to the orthodontist and I could barely breathe! When I got back into the car i had to shake my glasses to get all of the ash off!

vanessa, I just got an email from my tennis coach and it started off by saying that not everyone will play tennis on Tuesday and Friday and I thought OMG I HAVE TO PLAY ON FRIDAY! And so I scrolled down and lucky I'm playing on Friday and only half of my team is coming :) Hopefully the fires will be over by then and it won't be canceled!

OMG?!?! Are you 5 miles away from the Lake Forest fire? Because I think the ones that are making Newport Beach icky are the Irvine fires. Yeah I stayed home today. I've been laying on the couch all weekend so i had to use today to do all of my homework, but I'm still ill anyways. I just went out to the orthodontist and I could barely breathe! When I got back into the car i had to shake my glasses to get all of the ash off!

vanessa, I just got an email from my tennis coach and it started off by saying that not everyone will play tennis on Tuesday and Friday and I thought OMG I HAVE TO PLAY ON FRIDAY! And so I scrolled down and lucky I'm playing on Friday and only half of my team is coming :) Hopefully the fires will be over by then and it won't be canceled!

yeah im near the irvine fires and the lake forest ones too. its HORRIBLE!! it feels like war of the worlds or something haha. like im trapped in a dome of sorts :shocked:

YAY youre playing on friday haha!!! THIS FRIDAY!!! 4 days!!! eeee!! haha. im soooo exciteddd!

Yes hopefully the fires are over by then!! They better not cancel it! :sneaky2: but i also dont want you guys to be playing in that air and smoke and ash!

Me and my sis want to do something fun that'll take us out of our mood but we dont know what! we wanna read but it would have to be indoors and we dont know where!! grr

yeah im near the irvine fires and the lake forest ones too. its HORRIBLE!! it feels like war of the worlds or something haha. like im trapped in a dome of sorts :shocked:

YAY youre playing on friday haha!!! THIS FRIDAY!!! 4 days!!! eeee!! haha. im soooo exciteddd!

Yes hopefully the fires are over by then!! They better not cancel it! :sneaky2: but i also dont want you guys to be playing in that air and smoke and ash!

Me and my sis want to do something fun that'll take us out of our mood but we dont know what! we wanna read but it would have to be indoors and we dont know where!! grr

I KNOW!!!! THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! yeah I should think the fires will be out by then. I remember about 4 years ago I had to play a bunch of matches during a wild fire and there were ashes falling on the courts! And last year our coach made us run 2 miles, yes, 2 MILES, during a wild fire.

uhhh can't you read in your house? or in a cafe...

I KNOW!!!! THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! yeah I should think the fires will be out by then. I remember about 4 years ago I had to play a bunch of matches during a wild fire and there were ashes falling on the courts! And last year our coach made us run 2 miles, yes, 2 MILES, during a wild fire.

uhhh can't you read in your house? or in a cafe...

2 MILES!? that should be illegal!! omg! your coach is horrible! i would die!! uhhhhgggg! the ash + smoke in your lungs!!!

yeah but we sort of want to get out of the house haha. But we've have to drive like an hour to get away from the smoke :thumbdown:

poor san diego!!! They say the situation has gotten muchhh worse :(

i feel soo bad for the people there...