Hollis and Sarie's Thread of Randomness (All are Welcome!)

backflip_76

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a newish fan, Hollis?

I mean, I've always liked what I've known of the Beatles...everyone knows the really popular songs. I have the Beatles 1 CD that I stole from my dad, so I know all of those songs. But my parents were never really that into them (they have a few of their albums, I think), so I never knew a lot of their music. My cinema teacher showed us some clips of A Hard Day's Night about a month ago, and since then I've found a real love for them.

That's cool! Getting deep into a band is the most fun. It's like a mini-adventure, cos you're able to listen to the songs and learn about the bands history. I love doing that. :)

My mom was always a Beatles fan, but she never actively listened to them in front of me. When I was quite young, we were cleaning out a closet and I found her "Help!," and "With the Beatles" records and I immediately began to listen to them on our record player. I was hooked. :D

That's so neat, Sarie! Sounds like a riot.

It is. And the entire thing is free. We're pretty lucky to have it so close. I think it's the largest free admission park in the US.

We take like... lawn chairs, and everything, even though there's seats. The cutest thing happened once while I was waiting for the show to start. I saw the guy who plays George (his name is Jay) was doing soundcheck, and this little girl came up to the side of the stage and handed him a picture. And he walked over and smiled, and the little girls dad or somebody picked her up so she was at eye level with him. And Jay gave her a big hug, and pointed to the picture of the Beatles and goes "That's me!" It was so adorable. He's the sweetest person ever.

My mom was always a Beatles fan, but she never actively listened to them in front of me. When I was quite young, we were cleaning out a closet and I found her "Help!," and "With the Beatles" records and I immediately began to listen to them on our record player. I was hooked. :D

My mom was a huge Ringo fan. She remembers watching them on Ed Sullivan with her sister and she has all of their old albums.

I've managed to snag an autographed copy of one of Ringo's albums from the 70s for free. My cousin works in a thrift shop over the summer, and someone dropped off a big box of records that were a dead family member's, and they apparently didn't take the Ringo record out of the case to examine it before they took it to the thrift shop, because it's signed right across the center. My cousin stole it and gave it to me. :lmfao:

But wait, it gets even cuter!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Candyheartsxx3&p=r

that's my friend's page. Go to the video 'Back in the USSR'

That little kid, I can't remember his name... anyway, he goes every year and he gets these ELABORATE costumes that look exactly like the real thing. And he gets a little pretend guitar and rocks out with them for a couple songs.

Yep! I had the strongest urge to see it this weekend, so I went out and bought it. I've watched it twice already. :biggrin2:

:shocked: I had to bid on a bootleg copy from eBay and ended up paying at $40 for a dodgy copy that has clearly been burned. Do they sell it in stores now?

:shocked: I had to bid on a bootleg copy from eBay and ended up paying at $40 for a dodgy copy that has clearly been burned. Do they sell it in stores now?

Yes. Walmart. $23

My mom was a huge Ringo fan. She remembers watching them on Ed Sullivan with her sister and she has all of their old albums.

I've managed to snag an autographed copy of one of Ringo's albums from the 70s for free. My cousin works in a thrift shop over the summer, and someone dropped off a big box of records that were a dead family member's, and they apparently didn't take the Ringo record out of the case to examine it before they took it to the thrift shop, because it's signed right across the center. My cousin stole it and gave it to me. :lmfao:

Seriously?? You have Ringo's autograph? You lucky dog!

Seriously?? You have Ringo's autograph? You lucky dog!

A lot of Ringo's autographs you can get for cheap. I was at this strip mall in Tennessee, and they have this huge junk shop. There's an area with framed autographs, records, etc, and you can get a framed "It Don't Come Easy" EP with his autograph on it for about $30.

A lot of Ringo's autographs you can get for cheap. I was at this strip mall in Tennessee, and they have this huge junk shop. There's an area with framed autographs, records, etc, and you can get a framed "It Don't Come Easy" EP with his autograph on it for about $30.

Are they real though? I'm always a bit skeptical about things like that.

Are they real though? I'm always a bit skeptical about things like that.

Eh, I don't know. Surely they wouldn't sell it for so cheap if it was, but it was definitely an old record with an autograph on it. Unless they made fake records in the 70s, it looked legit. It was probably fake, though. People do crazy crap.

Eh, I don't know. Surely they wouldn't sell it for so cheap if it was, but it was definitely an old record with an autograph on it. Unless they made fake records in the 70s, it looked legit. It was probably fake, though. People do crazy crap.

Yeah, you'd think they'd be trying to sell Ringo's autograph for some big bucks. I actually just stumbled upon some kind of autograph website today where this guy was analyzing Beatles' autographs over the years, and comparing them to forged autographs. It was talking about the fact that if the signed item doesn't cost you very much money, it's probably not an authentic Beatles autograph. But you never know.