Come On TV! Wise Up!

Marilyn Mastin

Does anyone else think it's time that all these TV shows realised how popular Mika has become?

As I type this, Entertainment Today is on, and there's not one mention of Mika!! This is appalling, especially since his single is on general release on Monday. If Mika is abroad at the moment, or otherwise engaged in his busy career, the least the show could have done was to play his video for 'Happy Endings'.

I think we should all get onto the websites and complain. Who cares about Amy Winehouse? They need to shut up about her!! I'm sick of hearing her name!!

Mika isn't scheduled to appear on Jonathan Ross, or any other show. I think it's time the media realised we want to see MIKA!!!!!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think it's time that all these TV shows realised how popular Mika has become?

As I type this, Entertainment Today is on, and there's not one mention of Mika!! This is appalling, especially since his single is on general release on Monday. If Mika is abroad at the moment, or otherwise engaged in his busy career, the least the show could have done was to play his video for 'Happy Endings'.

I think we should all get onto the websites and complain. Who cares about Amy Winehouse? They need to shut up about her!! I'm sick of hearing her name!!

Mika isn't scheduled to appear on Jonathan Ross, or any other show. I think it's time the media realised we want to see MIKA!!!!!!!!

Love today, from Marilyn

:naughty:

I totally agree there is not enough Mika on TV. He should have his own TV show, like Marc Bolan in the 70s :bleh: (When that happens we'll really know his career has gone belly up!!)

But seriously, there really hasn't been much promo for Happy Ending on TV has there. Perhaps 'Mika the 2007 pop phenomenon' just wants to ease off on the public consciousness for a while and let the single sell itself (which it is doing - maybe it's a deliberate soft marketing ploy with this single. And it's true he has the tour to occupy him; given the work overload of earlier in the year I'd say he is wise to not try and take on too much on top of that.

I would like to see him on Jonathan Ross though. I can't help but love Jonathan and the two of them together would be :mf_lustslow:

Channel 4 are the only consistent ones.

Yes, well done to Channel 4, and thanks to all who have started to reply to my thread. I'm the last person to want to see Mika do too much. I wonder how he keeps up the pace! He does not actually need to appear on a live show to get some attention. If they play his video or show concert footage, that would be great. My beef is that no one really mentions him, and yet, Amy Winehouse (who can't even be bothered to appear in her own freiking video!) is getting all the attention. It would be great to see Mika, our clean and sober boy-next-door, on an occasional talk show, work permitting, since he is fantastic when he's being interviewed. All the country would get chance to see him at once and he could rest his bad leg and just have a chat.

We need to keep up those votes on Sofeminine and MTV and the new awards site. I have all the voting sites (including Satu's brilliant multi-link page) on my favourites on my toolbar for easy access. If we can win Mika these awards it will go a long way to making the media take more notice of him.

Love today, from Marilyn

Sky should make their own Mika channel...

Wouldn't that be something!! Mika from morning till night. The country would go to pot though if he was on all the time, because no one would get anything done. But who cares about that?

Incidently, whilst we're on the subject of people being ignored, where are all the England flags for our rugby team?? If this was Beckham, Rooney and the other soccer guys in the world cup final, there would be pandemonium, but our poor rugby team get ignored!! Well I think they are doing great and the country should be proud of them.