Stuck in the Middle in the classroom!!

AnnaMariaPetra

Every wednesday when she has musiclessons (she is 11, is in like junior high) my daughter's class has to sing a (pop-)song.

Today my daughter and her class had to sing Stuck in the Middle!

She came home and said: "Guess from which artist we had to sing a song?!"

She was smiling quit wickedly, therefore my first guess was the right one: MIKA! Her class didn't like to sing it very much though, because of the high notes, but I am very excited and I already love her musicteacher!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh good luck!

see, SITM is not so high for an eleven year old...bearing in mind she still may have a soprano tiple voice. But it's good if she could practice because it's a difficult melody! It's difficult even for me that I'm studying to be a singer...

have a nice day!:thumb_yello:

SITM is quite difficult because of the huge variation in pitches, it starts of low and gets higher at several points during the verse, then you have the chorus/bridge done in soprano. I've pretty much got it down to a fine art now though. Well, on the basis I wondered around North London singing it today (with a sore throat) and nobody openly complained.

I did SITM for my voice lessons, but now I'm doing Relax and Billy Brown alternated, to practice my high notes... but I'm still unable to contain myself from laughing everytime Mika sings "Then Billy Brown fell in love with another man". I think it's because of the way he says it, so matter-of-factly and calmly :biggrin2:

Wow, that is not the easiest Mika song! Nice!!! And I think your daughter has a cool music teacher! :thumb_yello:

I was at the Albert Heijn today and suddenly I heard an acoustic version of Grace Kelly coming from the speakers. It was the version that is on the Happy Ending single as the second track. Very funny, HE is not even released in our country yet... Tomorrow I will ask where AH gets its music from. :naughty: