How Much Do You Love Me- lyrics & Mika fonts?

Mjappie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, bolded is what I'm quite positive is correct. I listened to three different recordings from three different shows and they all seemed to match up. I definitely hear "The Holy Father and the Mother can show the way," and it seems as if he says, "He still don't know that..." before, which would make sense. Mika is Roman Catholic, so he may be talking about God and the Virgin Mary in that part.

I'm not 100% sure about the ending of the second verse. I definitely hear "I'm not a boy," and in one recording it sounds like "To forget it all," but in the other two it doesn't. I hear the word "let," followed by something else in the Zenith and Bologna recordings. It's quite garbled and he's singing quickly. Hopefully someone will get a good recording tonight and we'll be able to put it together further.

How Much (Do You Love Me):

There's a boy

His father's bad

He's living on the road

And it's so sad

Now he cries

Every day

He still don't know that the Holy Father and the Mother

Can show the way

There's a girl

Her momma's gone

To love another man

Who couldn't carry on

Now she cries

Every day

To forget about her mother

She runs away

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

Do do do do do...etc

In this life

We live and learn

To lose what we love

And get what hurts

I'm a boy

To forget it all

Gotta love every minute

Of every hour more

*chorus*

Gotta love you more, Gotta love you more

callie...he def says 'carry on' at the end of that line!

hannah...yr post with the lyrics disappeared! :shocked:

christine.... i agree there is something more, but he says 'ask the holy father to show him the way' and points up to heaven.

i'm sure we will have the ultimate version after all uk gigs! listening to him and watching him alive will help us! :thumb_yello:

hannah...yr post with the lyrics disappeared! :shocked:

:naughty: Yes, I deleted it. I had just kind of absentmindedly fixed some of the things in Callie's post, and then I decided to go back and do the lyric analysis again so I deleted it in order to add more stuff in. :thumb_yello:

Okay, bolded is what I'm quite positive is correct. I listened to three different recordings from three different shows and they all seemed to match up. I definitely hear "The Holy Father and the Mother can show the way," and it seems as if he says, "He still don't know that..." before, which would make sense. Mika is Roman Catholic, so he may be talking about God and the Virgin Mary in that part.

I'm not 100% sure about the ending of the second verse. I definitely hear "I'm not a boy," and in one recording it sounds like "To forget it all," but in the other two it doesn't. I hear the word "let," followed by something else in the Zenith and Bologna recordings. It's quite garbled and he's singing quickly. Hopefully someone will get a good recording tonight and we'll be able to put it together further.

How Much (Do You Love Me):

There's a boy

His father's bad

He's sleeping on the road

And it's so sad

Now he cries

Every day

He still don't know that the Holy Father and the Mother

Can show the way

There's a girl

Her momma's gone

To love another man

Who couldn't carry on

Now she cries

Every day

To forget about her mother

She runs away

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you need me

When I'm not there

How much do you love me

How much do you care

How much do you miss me

When I'm not there

Do do do do do...etc

In this life

We live and learn

To lose what we love

And get what hurts

I'm a boy

To forget it all

Gotta love every minute

Of every hour more

*chorus*

I don't think its "sleeping on the road", I think its "living on the road"....I'm pretty sure it is, but hell, I didn't write the song.

Also, after the "now he cries/tries (whatever), everyday" part, I can clearly hear him say "_____________father and a mother...."

What do you guys think?

I don't think its "sleeping on the road", I think its "living on the road"....I'm pretty sure it is, but hell, I didn't write the song.

Also, after the "now he cries/tries (whatever), everyday" part, I can clearly hear him say "_____________father and a mother...."

What do you guys think?

Yeah, it definitely is "living." Sorry, I didn't fix that when I copied it. :)

I'm just so confused with the "father and mother" line. I hear "Holy father and the Mother," but that's just me. Mika's pointing and looking up to the Heavens, like robertina said, gives that part away a bit.

What do you guys think?

I think sometimes it's 'sitting on the road', sometimes 'sleeping' and sometimes 'living'.

I hear all of those :thumb_yello:

Yeah, it definitely is "living." Sorry, I didn't fix that when I copied it. :)

I'm just so confused with the "father and mother" line. I hear "Holy father and the Mother," but that's just me. Mika's pointing and looking up to the Heavens, like robertina said, gives that part away a bit.

Oh well he could be saying "Holy," I just wasn't paying attention to that haha.

Mika probably changes they lyrics everytime he performs it to screw with us :sneaky2:

I think sometimes it's 'sitting on the road', sometimes 'sleeping' and sometimes 'living'.

I hear all of those :thumb_yello:

i think he's still settling the lyrics...and maybe slightly changing it at every gig!

...just to drive us mad! :sneaky2:

Okay, I've done something weird. I opened up the Bologna recording in an audio editing program, cut that part out and slowed it down. Now I AM hearing "Holy Father and the Mother," but I still don't understand the first bit. I'll upload it and you have you guys interpret. :thumb_yello:

Okay, I've done something weird. I opened up the Bologna recording in an audio editing program, cut that part out and slowed it down. Now I AM hearing "Holy Father and the Mother," but I still don't understand the first bit. I'll upload it and you have you guys interpret. :thumb_yello:

i cannot believe we are doing this! :roftl: :roftl:

i cannot believe we are doing this! :roftl: :roftl:

Hey, this is totally off topic, but I don't think you ever replied to my question in the gig thread. I wanted to know what size were the shoes you gave Mika (in US men's size)?