do you ever feel like you love mika?

Guest Emz-Mika-Luva

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning I was like, hmm he's cute.

But when I came here, watched interviews.. I discovered his personality. And at that moment I really felt something.

He was in my mind, always. And I even liked him more and more.

But after a while I gave up. I would never going to meet him and I would never say a word to him.

But now Im going to see him and maybe meet him.

I still have feelings. Like 'he's cute and sweet, perfect' but not love.

He's really different from the guys I like, emo guys<33 and I think that's funny :bleh:

friend! im alright' date=' still not feeling well, making me kinda depressed really, taking over 7/8 tablets a day for a virus to kleer up in your lung isnt a very cheerful thing :tears: how are you?:biggrin2:[/quote']

I'm fine thanks. Hope you get better soon. Have you been watching the MTV awards?

no i havent acctualy' date=' but i already know mika hasnt won the addicctive track and solo arts (or whatever the last one was lol ) cuz i only hsave freeview and not sky, so i dont have MTV:thumbdown:[/quote']

He hasn't. I was getting all excited at the end of the show. I did at least think Mika would win one award.

I am off to bed now. See you soon.

Sweet dreams.

I know they're not even remotely cool, but Barenaked Ladies have sold more albums and more concert tickets than Mika and they have a much better relationship with their fans.

Oh, the Barenaked Ladies are very cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Okay, I'm not trying to put you down or challenge your feelings. I believe that you believe that you are in love. I just don't believe that this is very realistic.

Mika may not consider himself a celebrity, but he is. He is a public figure. It would be complete nonsense to say that the person who is in interviews is THE Mica Penniman. I don't care who you are, if you're put in front of a camera, you act differently. If someone were to take out a video camera and film me right now, with me knowing that thousands of people would watch it, I would act differently. My personality would be there, my thoughts would be there, but the way that I present myself would be different. I'm not saying that Mika and Mica are completely two different people. They are the same person; however, MIKA is the celebrity (yes, he's a celebrity whether he refers to himself that way or not. I can say that I refuse to call my brother's ADD what it is, and instead I'll just say that he's sometimes spastic, but that doesn't change the fact), and Mica is the person. I'm sure that there are no personality differences between the two, but we don't know the man.

I think that you need to understand that we ARE fans. We're not his best friends. Honestly, if he had the chance to pick someone to go to a bar with, a girl that randomly shows up at his gig and he has met briefly or someone he's gone to school with for years and talks to regularly, he's going to pick the person he knows. He loves us, he is thankful for us, he may think we're spectacularly crazy, but we're not his buddies. Sometimes he doesn't want to see us everywhere. Sometimes he just wants to be alone and be with people that he's known his entire life. No matter what way you look at it, it still stands. We are NOT his equals when it comes to the fame status. We are all humans, we all brush our teeth and use the toilet, but the thing that separates us from Mika is that we are his admirers and that's it. That is not putting him on a pedestal, that's stating what it is. I don't think that he's any better than any of us, I don't think that any of us are less worthy or whatnot, but he doesn't sit around and think about any of us personally, look up our MySpace profiles and stare at our photos, come on here and read all of our posts with bated breath. We have an important part in his life, but as a group of people, not necessarily individually.

None of this is directed personally at you, Melanie, your post just kind of fueled what I was going to say.

Well, I won't post my own opinion on this because I have before and have hurt some feelings so I'll quote Hannah because this is almost exactly what I said some time ago. Of course her version is worded better and I was quite a bit harsher but yeah.

Oh yeah, except for one part. I'm pretty sure Mika does get on here everyday and search my name to read what extremely thoughtful and intelligent things I have written. And he does stare at my photos...why do you think I post so many? :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yes, I want to add this because it seems to me that Hannah can now read my mind:

I agree.

It's harsh, but please girls, PLEASE accept the fact that your chance with Mika is miniscule to nonexistant. I frankly worry for people when they return from a Mika gig and claim that Mika is somehow in love with them. Please stop. Maybe you saw fireworks and dancing daisies, but he didn't. You see what you want to see. I don't want to bring in the sexuality thing, but seriously people. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't want to crush anyone's dreams or induce suicide, but you have to accept that Mika does not think about you in his spare time. He may think about his FANS, but FANS is a GROUP, a collective whole. If I bump into someone in a coffee shop, say, "I'm sorry," and that's the end, I'm not going to sit and obsessively think about this person while I'm lying in bed at night. Mika is a person, not God Almighty. He cannot be expected to personally "know" all of his fans. You may meet him 10 times, but you can't say that you "know" him. You can't call him a friend. You may be to the acquaintance level, but that's it. Meeting a man outside a venue for a minute and getting an autograph is barely a proper meeting.

Also, I've also heard people say that they've had conversations with Mika, and of course, some have, but a brief, "Mika will you sign this?!" while thrusting a CD or whatever in his face, in no way, shape, form, or by any definition is it a conversation.

Okay, I'm getting mean so I'll stop. Besides, I'm sure Hannah will say whatever I am thinking but in a much more appropriate way since, like I said, she's in my head.

Well, I won't post my own opinion on this because I have before and have hurt some feelings so I'll quote Hannah because this is almost exactly what I said some time ago. Of course her version is worded better and I was quite a bit harsher but yeah.

Oh yeah, except for one part. I'm pretty sure Mika does get on here everyday and search my name to read what extremely thoughtful and intelligent things I have written. And he does stare at my photos...why do you think I post so many? :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yes, I want to add this because it seems to me that Hannah can now read my mind:

Also, I've also heard people say that they've had conversations with Mika, and of course, some have, but a brief, "Mika will you sign this?!" while thrusting a CD or whatever in his face, in no way, shape, form, or by any definition is it a conversation.

Okay, I'm getting mean so I'll stop. Besides, I'm sure Hannah will say whatever I am thinking but in a much more appropriate way since, like I said, she's in my head.

Ok, I am definatley going to disagree whole heartedly. Those little instances of being with him, chatting ARE real conversations. There is only integrity present in those moments. NOT ALL FANS ARE ALL GOOGLY EYED AND STAR STRUCK...SOME *COUGH are calm, cool and say what they feel in an intelligent way. Conversations have the potential to reach out to him and if we don't start believeing that...than I'm afraid this forum is losing its grip. The reality is that he gets it. and that's all that matters.

* I didn't want to have to come back to this thread, but I love giving my opinion oh so much:wink2:

I'm with you there. From the stories I've heard there are relatively few people who've had any sort of real and mutual interaction with him. For me speaking a few words to him while 2 dozen people are shoving pens and cameras in his face is no more making a connection with him than sitting at home and watching videos.

If I get to talk to him I will probably mention something about him coming to Canada and give him a letter. I think it's important that he gets that kind of feedback generally even if it's not that significant on an individual level in most cases. Hopefully it will get across the message that there are fans that will welcome him when he finally gets his ass over here!

Everyone knows I am the queen of the footloose hippies, and that's just the sort of thing I do. I'm all peace loving.

However, when it comes to this kind of thing I have to speak my mind. The truth is that no one knows what happened when I met him. Anyone presuming to know, only sees what I write ( I'm very dramatic and romantic in my writing) and thinks I'm overreacting. I CANNOT TAKE YOU GUYS BACK TO THAT MOMENT. I shouldn't have to prove anything.

The think that upsets me the most is the negativity. This thread radiates with it. When we start to degrade SOMEONE ELSE'S INTERPRETATION OF MIKA (no matter how fantasy like it is) that's when we go to far. Let the dreamers dream.

I'm with you there. From the stories I've heard there are relatively few people who've had any sort of real and mutual interaction with him. For me speaking a few words to him while 2 dozen people are shoving pens and cameras in his face is no more making a connection with him than sitting at home and watching videos.

If I get to talk to him I will probably mention something about him coming to Canada and give him a letter. I think it's important that he gets that kind of feedback generally even if it's not that significant on an individual level in most cases. Hopefully it will get across the message that there are fans that will welcome him when he finally gets his ass over here!

Yeah you guys deserve it!

On that note...I'm lucky enough to have been able to talk to him when it wasn't very crowed (yet I haven't haven't gotten my picture!:sneaky2: ) But even though he sounded like cared, which I'm sure he did I don't think he remembers who I am untill i'll remind him or if he thinks about me while he's busy flying around from country to country doing gigs. Yes, he was nice, nicer than most famous peope I'm sure, that's the charm we all love, but romantic love...idk, i've had it and I've never felt like with him.

Everyone knows I am the queen of the footloose hippies, and that's just the sort of thing I do. I'm all peace loving.

However, when it comes to this kind of thing I have to speak my mind. The truth is that no one knows what happened when I met him. Anyone presuming to know, only sees what I write ( I'm very dramatic and romantic in my writing) and thinks I'm overreacting. I CANNOT TAKE YOU GUYS BACK TO THAT MOMENT. I shouldn't have to prove anything.

The think that upsets me the most is the negativity. This thread radiates with it. When we start to degrade SOMEONE ELSE'S INTERPRETATION OF MIKA (no matter how fantasy like it is) that's when we go to far. Let the dreamers dream.

You dream girl!:punk:

Just be careful not to set yourself up to get hurt, cause trust me getting hurt is not fun

But I assure you no one is telling you to stop dreaming! :thumb_yello:

You dream girl!:punk:

Just be careful not to set yourself up to get hurt, cause trust me getting hurt is not fun

But I assure you no one is telling you to stop dreaming! :thumb_yello:

I mean, I'm absolutley not persuing anything with mika lol... that's not me and it would be ridiculous.

I'm not waiting for him to make me his "priscilla Presley" by any means. I just think there is always a possiblity for ANYONE :)