Vikings United part 2 - going for world domination!

Kata

Yes, I am very well thank you. It is good to see you. I hope to meet you again if Mika plays Oslo on a day that I can get over:thumb_yello:

Have you been ill?

We deffo have to meet up if that happens! Or even London or Scotland if the chance comes up! :)

I have :(

Well, I've been for many many years, but have been able to take it into consideration and thus keep it under control, but then after our lovely Mika gave me the Mika-bug last tour (note to self- never hug that guy again), I got really sick again and have been until now. I'm still not where I was last time we met, health wise, but at least I'm out of bed and can go outside and meet friends and stuff. And that means the world to me :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We deffo have to meet up if that happens! Or even London or Scotland if the chance comes up! :)

I have :(

Well, I've been for many many years, but have been able to take it into consideration and thus keep it under control, but then after our lovely Mika gave me the Mika-bug last tour (note to self- never hug that guy again), I got really sick again and have been until now. I'm still not where I was last time we met, health wise, but at least I'm out of bed and can go outside and meet friends and stuff. And that means the world to me :)

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I am pleased to hear that you are now begining to feel better though. I do hope that that continues. Yes indeed, it would be great to see you at any of the gigs.............I am certainly hoping to make it to Oslo again though.....it remains as one of my favourite Mika gigs:wub2:

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I am pleased to hear that you are now begining to feel better though. I do hope that that continues. Yes indeed, it would be great to see you at any of the gigs.............I am certainly hoping to make it to Oslo again though.....it remains as one of my favourite Mika gigs:wub2:

It was so brilliant, it was like.. one of the last really intimate Mika shows :)

I don't know how many shows he's been stage-diving at, but I don't think it's all that many :teehee:

And thank you, yeah it is sorta like being born again. Even if I'm not as strong or have as much stamina as I did back then, I will some day. I just have to take it really slow and not waste my energy the way I.. kinda do.. every day... I'm bad! But it's just so nice with the spring and everything, how can I not send it walking around when I'm able to?? :)

It was so brilliant, it was like.. one of the last really intimate Mika shows :)

I don't know how many shows he's been stage-diving at, but I don't think it's all that many :teehee:

And thank you, yeah it is sorta like being born again. Even if I'm not as strong or have as much stamina as I did back then, I will some day. I just have to take it really slow and not waste my energy the way I.. kinda do.. every day... I'm bad! But it's just so nice with the spring and everything, how can I not send it walking around when I'm able to?? :)

It sounds like you have the right attitude and yes...spring is a good time to be alive isn't it! Well, anytime is of course, but there is so much optimism in spring.:thumb_yello:

As far as I am aware Mika has only ever stage dived (the word doesn't sound quite right!) the one time. I think he thought better of it after that:naughty: Considering he was not well it seemed a strange thing for him to do. But I guess there aren't many places that he was SO close to the audience. It was a special night indeed:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

It sounds like you have the right attitude and yes...spring is a good time to be alive isn't it! Well, anytime is of course, but there is so much optimism in spring.:thumb_yello:

As far as I am aware Mika has only ever stage dived (the word doesn't sound quite right!) the one time. I think he thought better of it after that:naughty: Considering he was not well it seemed a strange thing for him to do. But I guess there aren't many places that he was SO close to the audience. It was a special night indeed:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Crowd surfed sound better? :wink2: haha, you think we scared him that much?

Well, maybe it just takes an awful lot for him to feel THAT confident and in touch (literally) with the audience.. and he did seem to enjoy that concert a lot more than any of the other ones I've been to. I haven't been to THAT many tho, so just my opinion :)

Crowd surfed sound better? :wink2: haha, you think we scared him that much?

Well, maybe it just takes an awful lot for him to feel THAT confident and in touch (literally) with the audience.. and he did seem to enjoy that concert a lot more than any of the other ones I've been to. I haven't been to THAT many tho, so just my opinion :)

I find it quite difficult to tell. I can quite honestly say that I have never seen him do a bad performance....although depending on his level of illness in 2007 I know that some of his performances were not so good. But he always gives his all to the best of his ability. But yes..........you just can not beat being THAT close. I have enjoyed different concerts for different reasons but I think on balance.....this one is my overall favourite...the one that I would choose to relive if I had the chance:wub2:

I find it quite difficult to tell. I can quite honestly say that I have never seen him do a bad performance....although depending on his level of illness in 2007 I know that some of his performances were not so good. But he always gives his all to the best of his ability. But yes..........you just can not beat being THAT close. I have enjoyed different concerts for different reasons but I think on balance.....this one is my overall favourite...the one that I would choose to relive if I had the chance:wub2:

yeah his performances are always brilliant... but you can tell whether HE enjoys it as much as we do.. and it has had a lot to do with his health, but.. I don't know- even though he wasn't completely healthy when he was in Oslo, he still just seemed.. happy. you know? at least compared to the two other concerts I've seen. Which of course might just be VERY wishful thinking seeing as I'm Norwegian :roftl:

But everything was so perfect on the Oslo gig, hanging out with you guys before being let in, chatting before the concert, the concert itself... it was all perfect :)

yeah his performances are always brilliant... but you can tell whether HE enjoys it as much as we do.. and it has had a lot to do with his health, but.. I don't know- even though he wasn't completely healthy when he was in Oslo, he still just seemed.. happy. you know? at least compared to the two other concerts I've seen. Which of course might just be VERY wishful thinking seeing as I'm Norwegian :roftl:

But everything was so perfect on the Oslo gig, hanging out with you guys before being let in, chatting before the concert, the concert itself... it was all perfect :)

Yes, I agree, it was the whole package. From arriving at the venue...meeting up as if we were old friends just because we were 'MFCers'....it was all amazing...............which is why I would like a repeat of the experience:roftl:

Yes, I agree, it was the whole package. From arriving at the venue...meeting up as if we were old friends just because we were 'MFCers'....it was all amazing...............which is why I would like a repeat of the experience:roftl:

We'll make it happen, definitely :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Now all we need is the man himself.....

We'll make it happen, definitely :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Now all we need is the man himself.....

Yeah......................we'll wait....................we are used to it:roftl:

Sad but true :roftl:

Yep.....................it's an MFC artform:roftl:

Anyway....it has been lovely to catch up. Hopefully it won't be long now until we meet up at a gig again.:wub2: I am logging off shortly. Goodnight, take care:wub2:

Hej vikingere,

Jeg er ny i MFC og ville lige sende en hilsen til alll skandinaviere. Ved godt der står Germany i min profil, men det er nu også der jeg bor. Men vil gerne også betegnes som vikinger, da jeg jo li'som også tilhører de nordiske stammer. (Bor i det område syd for grænsen, der var dansk for mange år siden...)

Ser frem til at snakke med jer!

:wink2:

Kirsxxx

You are so welcome in the Vikings thread we really need more people in here.

I live in Sweden as you can see in my avi, and I decide to write this in English because Swedish and Danish may seem alike, but there are big differences!:wink2:

I hope you will enjoy it here!

Please excuse me writing in English but I just wanted to say Hi :wub2:

How are you?

Hello Kath!

What a nice surprise to find you in this thread!:thumb_yello:

I live in Sweden as you can see in my avi, and I decide to write this in English because Swedish and Danish may seem alike, but there are big differences!:wink2:

Hello Kath!

What a nice surprise to find you in this thread!:thumb_yello:

Thank you Sienna:wub2:

I feel that I am an honuarary Viking. I lived in Iceland for two years, I spend quite a lot of time in Oslo as I have family in Norway and I spent most of my life in York which has strong Viking links:thumb_yello:

Yep.....................it's an MFC artform:roftl:

Anyway....it has been lovely to catch up. Hopefully it won't be long now until we meet up at a gig again.:wub2: I am logging off shortly. Goodnight, take care:wub2:

And we certainly will meet more frequent on here from now on :) Night sweetie :)

Thank you Sienna:wub2:

I feel that I am an honuarary Viking. I lived in Iceland for two years, I spend quite a lot of time in Oslo as I have family in Norway and I spent most of my life in York which has strong Viking links:thumb_yello:

Let me know next time you come to Oslo? I live here you know, we could meet up for coffee or something :)

Thanks, I'm allready obsessed of this page and everything that's going on here...

Do you think Swedish is that much different? hmmmm I only know, that Norwegian is quite easy to read. Much of my literature in music studies were in norwegian. (It seems as if they are quite good in musiceducation...)

Do you think Swedish is that much different? hmmmm I only know, that Norwegian is quite easy to read. Much of my literature in music studies were in norwegian. (It seems as if they are quite good in musiceducation...)

I can read Danish and Norwegian without so much problems but it's difficult to understand when people are talking!:wink2:

Hey, vikingar! Hur mår ni? :group_hug:

Hej, bara bra tack!:biggrin2:

Let me know next time you come to Oslo? I live here you know, we could meet up for coffee or something :)

I will:wub2: Hopefully when Mika tours in the autumn/winter?

Fandt den her:

"Songs For Sorrow" ude den 25. maj i begrænset oplag

Den 25. maj vender den engelsk-libanesiske popsensation Mika tilbage med den akustiske ep "Songs For Sorrow" der skal fylde ventetiden ud til den regulære opfølger til "Life In Cartoon Motion" udkommer til efteråret.

GAFFA var inviteret til en eksklusiv lyttesession i Oslo forleden, hvor Mika spillede numre fra ep'en og det kommende album, der stadig er titelløst. Blandt sangtitlerne var "Good Gone Girl", "Rain", "I See You", "Touches You", og "Dr. John". Ved lyttesessionen fortalte Mika, at hvor debuten handlede om barndommen kommer det kommende album, meget logisk, til at handle om puberteten.

Ep'en der udsendes 25. maj kommer til at indeholde de fire akustiske sange "Blue Eyes", "Lady Jane", "Lonely Alcoholic" og "Toy Boy". Den fysiske version af "Songs For Sorrow" er kun trykt i 10.000 eksemplarer og sælges kun via mikasounds.com og i Paul Smith tøjbutikker. Udover en cd består udgivelsen af en bog med illustrationer af blandt andet Peter Blake, Paul Smith, Es Devlin, Jim Woodring, Sophie Blackall, Jim Medway, Tao Nyeu, Richard Hogg, Huck Scarry, Walter Van Beirendonck og Mikas søster Yasmine Penniman der under navnet DaWack ligeledes stod for den kulørte indpakning til "Life In Cartoon Motion" der har solgt over 5 millioner eksemplarer.

På mikasounds.com kan man allerede nu høre to sange fra ep'en.

http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/32507

Glæder mig dælme til at høre den om Dr. John :freak::lmfao:

Thanks for posting Kata!:thumb_yello:

Still not a word in Swedish media!:blink:

isn't that quite odd? I mean, it´s not that many days to go... If you hear abut him on the swedish radio, he is always referred to as "the grace kelly-guy". :(. The name of him should be enough! :D

hur står det till annars :D? några kul sommarplaner?

Thanks for posting Kata!:thumb_yello:

Still not a word in Swedish media!:blink:

Bevisar ju bara hur dåliga vi är.. Jag menar, de skriver ju nästan bara om Robinson, Melodifestivalen och annat man inte orkar bry sig om..

Bevisar ju bara hur dåliga vi är.. Jag menar, de skriver ju nästan bara om Robinson, Melodifestivalen och annat man inte orkar bry sig om..

Ja jag har verkligen försökt lusläsa tidningar och bloggar, dom som skrev om Mika tidigare, men inte en bokstav nu!

När tjejerna som var i Los Angeles hade postad några clip på You Tube, dom som senare togs bort, så skickade jag en länk till en av bloggarna och han blev förstås glad men hade uppenbarligen inte en aning om Mika wherabouts!

Vi är verkligen inte många som följer honom på allvar i det här lilla landet!:wink2:

Har du sett något om honom på mtv den sista tiden?