Help please!

tauruslady

I have a question for everyone who goes regularly to Mika's gigs and concerts etc.

How do ye do it? Is it just me or does almost everyone here travel almost anywhere to see Mika live? How do ye pay for it all?

I've never been to a Mika concert, and even if I could go, I would probably only get to go to one, even if he was doing a 3 day thing or whatever.

I'm 17, only have one friend who's as obsessed with Mika as me, and I feel like I'll never be a true fan unless I go to his concert. :(

Ok, sorry if I sound like a whine, but I'm just sad when I see how lucky ye all are.

Oh and one more thing, I'm going to a Kate Nash concert in Dubllin at the end of this month. I have standing tickets for it. Are standing tickets better or worse than seated ones.

lol, thats probably a really stupid question, sorry!:o

Please help.:(

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about everyone else, but for me its a case of saving up for it. I haven't been to a Mika concert yet, but I'm hoping to next time he's in North America.

Its easier if you have a full time job with a little bit of money left over each paycheque - if you're in school full time, it can be hard to save.

Good luck, though! Your Mika day will come. He's got a long, long career ahead of him, no doubt.

Even though some of us are older, we still have to save up to go.

For a lot of us though, it's not just Mika, we feel like we have made such good friends on the forum that we are going to meet each other as much as see the Mika gig.

By the way, standing are usually better than seated, because the people standing are standing in front of the stage, and therefore nearer. If you want to make sure you are at the front though, you have to be prepared to queue early, otherwise sometimes you get stuck behind people and can't see! But standing are generally regarded to be better tickets.

my parents paid for me :biggrin2:

heres the catch..

Borders was free

and Nokia Theatre was only 32 bucks!

but both are in NYC and i live really close so i didn't have to travel to get them.

but next time mika comes here, BUY YOUR TICKETS RIGHT WHEN THEY GO ON SALE! we bought ours at 10:01, but now that mika is oh so popular, he will probably sell out quicker then he used to.

good luck!

I'm 17, only have one friend who's as obsessed with Mika as me, and I feel like I'll never be a true fan unless I go to his concert. :(

Ok, sorry if I sound like a whine, but I'm just sad when I see how lucky ye all are.

You shouldn't feel like you're not a true fan. I know it seems like everyone is doing it, but it's only because he's on tour right now. The people who are able to go to a lot of shows are talking about it at the moment and dominating a lot of the conversation here. There are thousands of fans on MFC who don't have the means or free time to follow him all over Europe.

Like Babs said even people with full time jobs have to save money and vacation time to get to these gigs (I think tickets went on sale in July so it's been many months).

I used to live in London but I haven't been back in 7 years so I've been looking for an excuse to go and it's a once in a decade trip for me. If he does a US tour next year I will probably go to one of those gigs as well because I'd like to meet some American MFCers. But I'm not going to follow him everywhere he goes.

I don't think there are many people who could afford to do that unless they made huge sacrifices in other areas of their life. Certainly at the age of 17 it would be impossible.

I'm sorry Mika isn't coming to Ireland soon, but you'll get to see him eventually. I'm sure of it :thumb_yello:

I havent met him yet either, or been to any show, He hasnt come to the right place at the right time I guess, I wanted to go to ausrtalia when he was there but I failed to get my passport on time,....now ive spent the money on something more urgent and im back to saving again, I hope he comes here soon, or at least back to australia

I think I would be prepared to travel, but not just for mika, the fact that I would be going out of my country for the very first time really excites me, especially if it is to see one of my favorate most artists preform!

you are a true fan, just havent found the right time/place to see him yet, you are loving him from a distance, living through the other fans on this forum, until one day it will be our turn, to meet him, and you will say, "mika ive waited so long for meet you. im glad it happened today"

Well, I am french and followed Mika in Italy and London, but I have a job and can pay for flights, tickets ( sometimes on ebay but next year I'll wiser...);

It 's nice to meet fans , we share hotels rooms, or receive some of ones at home every time it's possible.

So, Iam sure that you 'll manage to do like us next year?

Ah, Thanx everyone!! That was nice.:wink2: I am currently in a gap year between school and college, but I'va job and am saving. I'ts good to know that I'm not the only one,lol.

I do hope Mika will be famous for many more years, and hopefully someday I'll see him.

It's cool that some of you have travelled together with other MFC'rs! Thats a good idea.

Anyway, thanx again, now I don't feel so bad.:thumb_yello: