Is Mika a Transcendentalist?

Lollipop Leftie

Well, is he?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Well, is he?

• Yes
    • No
    • Huh?

I READ THE DEFINITION BUT I'M STILL VERY CONFUSED. CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME? IF YOU CAN OF COURSE.

HUGS

Lucy - I don't know if I'm the best person to help you understand this. I understand it to mean is that reality comes from our thought processes and it is our intuition and spirituality that is more powerful than anything else.

I don't necessarily agree with this philosophy in its entirety, but parts of it are interesting.

Dictionary.com link:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/transcendentalism

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He definately is! I did a unit in english last spring on the transcendentalists and i had to write an essay about a modern day influential person who i thought was a transcendentalist and i did Mika! I got a pretty good grade on it too... :]

cool!

I also forgot to mention childlike enthusiasm... when we reached that part in class I though of mika with a teddy bear...

Hi all, went to see Mika in Birmingham last night (3rd time now...) TOTALLY BRILLIANT night...i love him and his music and am gutted that it's going to be a while before i get to go again. Really reccommend seeing him, he's the best! x

I can see why most think that Mika is a transcendentalist. However, he also seems to embrace his religion. On the DVD, just before they went on stage, Mika crossed himself. There may be a spectrum of thought on transcendentalism. I hold to some transcendental beliefs, but not all. There are variations of organized religion...different "sects" of Protestants, Jews,... Maybe transcendentalism is just part of his overall belief.

I don't feel i know enough about Mika to decide what I think about his beliefs...

But I've always though he was a "Libertine light". :naughty:

Not really a libertine, but his image sertainly has aspects of it... In a positive way of course.

Or am I completely wrong? :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertine

From Wiki:

"Libertine has come to mean one devoid of any restraints, especially one who ignores or even spurns religious norms, accepted morals, and forms of behaviour sanctioned by the larger society."

• 2 weeks later...