the european soccer (football) thread

violetsky

Well I have no idea if any of you is interessted in soccer :wink2:

I love to watch the World Cup and the European Championship :wub2:

I thought maybe we can discuss here about it :biggrin2: Because we are from all these different countries... but please a nice and fair discussion :wink2:

This year the European Championship is in Switzerland / Austria and today was the drawing of the countries which will play against eachother and at almoust every country I thought about a specific MFC member :roftl:

Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey

Group B: Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland

Group C: Netherlands, Italy, Romania, France

Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia

The world cup is in 2010 so there are only the qualifications now :wink2: I only know the qualifications for the European teams

Group 1:

Portugal

Sweden

Danmark

Hungary

Albania

Malta

Group 2:

Greece

Israel

Switzerland

Moldova

Latvia

Luxemburg

Group 3:

Czech Republic

Poland

Northern Ireland

Slovakia

Slovenia

San Marino

Group 4:

Germany

Russia

Finland

Wales

Azerbaijan

Liechtenstein

Group 5:

Spain

Turkey

Belgium

Bosnia-Herzegovina [

Armenia

Estonia

Group 6:

Croatia

England

Ukraina

White Russia

Kazakhstan

Andorra

Group 7:

France

Romania

Serbia

Lithuania

Austria

Faroe Islands

Group 8:

Italy

Bulgaria

Ireland

Cyprus

Georgia

Montenegro

Group 9:

Netherlands

Scotland

Norway

Macedonia

Iceland

So if you want to say anything about the groups or the games than do it :thumb_yello:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so some of my opinions :wink2:

Group A: Switzerland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey

Well I hope the game against Turkey will be peaceful... didn't like the last game... :boxed: People from Turkey and Switzerland knows what I'm talking about.. Well I guess Czech Republic will lead this group ;)

Group C: Netherlands, Italy, Romania, France

Wow this group is crazy !! I can't believe that Italy, France or Netherlands will get te chop :thumbdown: Three amazing teams!

Group 2:

Greece

Israel

Switzerland

Moldova

Latvia

Luxemburg

We playing against Luxemburg and Israel... that means against Cath and Sivan :shocked::roftl:

I think Greece will lead this group :wink2:

Group 6:

Croatia

England

Ukraina

White Russia

Kazakhstan

Andorra

Wow I love the English team and I was so sad when they lost against Croatia ! But yes Croatia was much better... so I hope England gets better untill then and I guess Croatia-England will be so thrilling !!!!

I hope you will do it to the next round to be honest... love netherlands... but I don't know who won't make it then... italy ? france? :shocked:

I really hope we'll make it too. We haven't been playing that well lately, in fact everyone here is getting a bit fed up with Marco van Basten. We all had such high hopes but he's just not delivering. It's weird how he managed to qualify with playing like crap. A couple of years ago the team played fantastic and didn't quality. How odd!

I'm thinking France will be out. Italy is a strong team and they always play very defensive so it's hard to score against them. Italy just needs one good counter and they win you know?

France plays nicer in my opinion but their way of playing (like the Dutch way) leaves room for mistakes and holes in the defense.

So I'm thinking (hoping) we'll go through.. and then probably together with Italy.

The world cup qualifying group looks great for us by the way! We should be able to make it easy peasy.

I really hope we'll make it too. We haven't been playing that well lately, in fact everyone here is getting a bit fed up with Marco van Basten. We all had such high hopes but he's just not delivering. It's weird how he managed to qualify with playing like crap. A couple of years ago the team played fantastic and didn't quality. How odd!

I'm thinking France will be out. Italy is a strong team and they always play very defensive so it's hard to score against them. Italy just needs one good counter and they win you know?

France plays nicer in my opinion but their way of playing (like the Dutch way) leaves room for mistakes and holes in the defense.

So I'm thinking (hoping) we'll go through.. and then probably together with Italy.

The world cup qualifying group looks great for us by the way! We should be able to make it easy peasy.

There was a little poll a few days ago here, wether people want Marco van Basten or rather Foppe de Haan (coach Young Orange). Foppe is preffered by a lot of people. Me too. Van Basten has really disappointed us:boxed:

There was a little poll a few days ago here, wether people want Marco van Basten or rather Foppe de Haan (coach Young Orange). Foppe is preffered by a lot of people. Me too. Van Basten has really disappointed us:boxed:

So you will maybe change the coach ?

Foppe is great. :wub2:

I think Marco deserves another chance.. He's been saying for years now that he's been working towards the European Championship.. so now is his time to show what he's got. If he screws this up though, they should give him the boot.

So you will maybe change the coach ?

Foppe is great. :wub2:

I think Marco deserves another chance.. He's been saying for years now that he's been working towards the European Championship.. so now is his time to show what he's got. If he screws this up though, they should give him the boot.

I don't think the dutch football-association will listen to the large public. I think they will give Marco another chance. Just like Diana said.

• 1 month later...
Well, I only really watch national games and seeing as we are not in Euro 2008? Is it this year? Anyway, we are pretty crap, it's depressing.

But it is most definately FOOTBALL, not soccer!

I only watch national games too :roftl: But I love it :wub2:

I cried when England lost against coratia :tears: I wanted them to play in Switzerland so bad !! My favourite team appart from Switerland

Well I have no idea if it's football or soccer I'm always confused by that ...

Football is UK and soccer USA ??? or what's the difference?

I only watch national games too :roftl: But I love it :wub2:

I cried when England lost against coratia :tears: I wanted them to play in Switzerland so bad !! My favourite team appart from Switerland

Well I have no idea if it's football or soccer I'm always confused by that ...

Football is UK and soccer USA ??? or what's the difference?

I think it's called soccer in America, because football to them means American football? Is that the ones where the men wear big shoulder pads and stuff? Any Americans like to comment?

As far as I know we only play football. :mf_rosetinted: