Mika @ Toronto Guvernment Kool Haus

dcdeb

We're taking the 7:30 bus to Toronto (and we're not passing through Ottawa :D) and are taking the 5h30 bus to Montreal.

oooh OK! Thank you! This is good news! my ticket will be cheaper than I thought then! :) AWESOME!

But 5:30, it means we will get to Montreal like at 12:15! Will I be able to get back home in the metro? I have class the next morning really early, I might have to come back home earlier than you! :(

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will probably be a separate gig report section for this. I wonder if everyone is interested in the same info we report all the time - getting to the gig, the queue activity, hoping to catch Mika before the gig,

the gig, after the gig, etc., and then all the pics that accompany.

So I hope no one has any objections to their pics being posted all over here on the MFC...:naughty:

Hey girls!! (and guy, MCF):naughty:

Only just over a week to go! I'm leaving for Canada next Sunday, Wohooooooo!!!

I received the flashing wand thingies the other day, they are soooooooooo cool! You're gonna love them!

The only thing to be careful about is that we don't wear the batteries out before the gig; knowing me and pretty flashing lights, I will need restraining so I don't have it on ...:roftl:

And yes, I am intending on taking tons of pics and they will be sold to the papers !! Ok so maye not, but definitely here :punk:

OMG I can't believe you're coming next week! Or Mika for that matter!

I'm so not prepared. :roftl:

It's month-end so I'm afraid I'm going to have to work through most of it (except the Tuesday of course). What time does your flight leave on Wed? I might be able to spend a couple of hours with you before you go.

OMG I can't believe you're coming next week! Or Mika for that matter!

I'm so not prepared. :roftl:

It's month-end so I'm afraid I'm going to have to work through most of it (except the Tuesday of course). What time does your flight leave on Wed? I might be able to spend a couple of hours with you before you go.

I know, neither can I!!!

I was wondering if you'd be working all the time, oh well, at least you have tuesday!!

My flight leaves Toronto at 17:25 on Wed. :thumb_yello: I hope that we can spend a bit of time together but of course work comes first:roftl: .

I'll email you a bit later though...

I know, neither can I!!!

I was wondering if you'd be working all the time, oh well, at least you have tuesday!!

My flight leaves Toronto at 17:25 on Wed. :thumb_yello: I hope that we can spend a bit of time together but of course work comes first:roftl: .

I'll email you a bit later though...

Yeah I was really planning to skip off but my boss screwed me over by sending out an email yesterday at 4:57 pm saying that he's taking next week off. I can't just not show up for 3 whole days afterwards when I've got all these month-end issues to sort out.

I'm taking a week off next month-end to go to London so I can't protest too much.

Why are these Mika gigs at the end of every f*cking month!!?? Honestly it's been a nightmare trying to work this out since November. It's so stressful when the whole point of going to these gigs is to just cut loose and forget about the real world for awhile.

Hello!

For a happy moment I had this idea to go to Toronto to see Mika, and meet the MFC people of course!

But when I finally got my sense back I realised it wasn’t going to happen.

Even if I should go by London it will be too expensive.:sad:

This summer I have to buy building material, we are renovating the summerhouse, so there will my money go!:sneaky2:

I wish you the best of times and I hope with whole my heart that you will be able to meet the Man and talk to him,:wub2: small venue wasn’t it?

Take care in the cold queuing; why not bring a thermos with hot chocolate?:wink2:

But London in February is still on my list of course and I’m looking forward to meet you there!:thumb_yello:

And let us set our hopes for a European tour this summer, in small and cosy places!

Hey girls!! (and guy, MCF):naughty:

Only just over a week to go! I'm leaving for Canada next Sunday, Wohooooooo!!!

:punk:

What time do you arrive? We should go out for dinner Sunday night!

Christine? Whaddaya think?

wow so many ppl are comin out for this show!

coolness :D

Im so excited haha!

Hey! Where've you been? Guess you have a life, unlike us...:naughty:

Does Chris Rabba know to come? He's hilarious! He needs to post here (and so do you!)

I wish you the best of times and I hope with whole my heart that you will be able to meet the Man and talk to him,:wub2: small venue wasn’t it?

Take care in the cold queuing; why not bring a thermos with hot chocolate?:wink2:

But London in February is still on my list of course and I’m looking forward to meet you there!:thumb_yello:

Thanks you for the kind wishes! I will see you in London :thumb_yello:

What time do you arrive? We should go out for dinner Sunday night!

Christine? Whaddaya think?

Sounds good to me.

Dinner on sunday sounds like a great idea! Count me in:punk:

My plane is meant to touch down at 16:25, and then it's a matter of how long it will take me to get my bag and make it to Christine's palace:naughty:.

What sort of place/food do you fancy?

I like everything I think, except for the clearly gross things like eating testicles and hearts and kidneys and that sort of thing....

Mind you, it's going to be a short flight considering I leave London at around 11 am and get to Toronto before 5. and I thought that Canada was further away than that:roftl:.

Aaaaaaaaaaah I so couldn't help that. Sigh:blush-anim-cl: .

Weather update for the big day is between 0 and -3 degrees.

Be prepared for precipitation (likely snow not rain).

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=fourteenday&placecode=caon0696

Thank goodness it isn't going to be as cold as it is today (-20 degrees with the windchill). I couldn't be outside for more than 20 seconds (the time it takes to get from the front door to the car) even in the warmest coat in the world made for Arctic expeditionists, thermal underwear, scarf, and mitts.:thumbdown:

This is the bands that will support Mika in Montreal:

Creature: http://www.myspace.com/creaturecreature

The Midway State from Toronto, ON http://www.myspace.com/themidwaystate

It's confirmed by Creature on their myspace but not The Midway State. But since they're from Toronto, I guess they'll play here too!

It's confirmed by Creature on their myspace but not The Midway State. But since they're from Toronto, I guess they'll play here too!

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for that!

I listened a bit and I quite like them! I am sorry to say that I think I prefer them to Palladium :blush-anim-cl:

I can't believe that, for once, I'm actually also looking forward to the support act!!:roftl: I think that I'm just too excited for my own good LOL! This canadian trip is making me even madder than normal:naughty:.

I blame Mika:mf_rosetinted: .

I thought this was Mika when I scrolled down :shocked:

midwaystate_daughtry-300x250.jpg

They're a bit too North American whiny for me. Palladium is more my thing. It should be good though. I almost always enjoy the support acts in a club because it's a good vibe.

Hey! Where've you been? Guess you have a life, unlike us...:naughty:

Does Chris Rabba know to come? He's hilarious! He needs to post here (and so do you!)

hahaha

I dont have that much of a life... i just dont know anyone on the board really... well a couple of people haha... so i don't end up coming back but i ve been lurking lately and I'm pretty much outta the loop regarding all this

I'm pretty sure Chris Rabba knows... I coulda sworn I msgd him about it on facebook?

I hope the MIDWAY people are opening for mika... jeez that curly haird guy is GORGEOUS i want a piece of that asap plz and thanks!!

(whats it with me and curly haired men?)

I know! I have been waiting since August! and I am so happy it's finally almost here!

I think it will be extra fun with everyone from the MFC, my friends just don't get it!

Coach Canada has super cheap tickets, like 40$ cheap... did you see those?

I would just need to confirm the times you have, because I was thinking of buying Greyhound before, but this may be WAY cheaper.

bus.jpg

good god it's cheap !!! our tix were mor expensive then that... oh well it's the first time I miss being a student !

oooh OK! Thank you! This is good news! my ticket will be cheaper than I thought then! :) AWESOME!

But 5:30, it means we will get to Montreal like at 12:15! Will I be able to get back home in the metro? I have class the next morning really early, I might have to come back home earlier than you! :(

how far do you live from the bus central station ? you could go back to your place on a cab, would be safer... and you should have money since your bus tix are so cheap !

There will probably be a separate gig report section for this. I wonder if everyone is interested in the same info we report all the time - getting to the gig, the queue activity, hoping to catch Mika before the gig,

the gig, after the gig, etc., and then all the pics that accompany.

So I hope no one has any objections to their pics being posted all over here on the MFC...:naughty:

I don't mind my pics being posted all over the place... in fact it seems my after-gig pics of Mika at the Club Soda in Montréal all among the favorites in the mikagasmic thread lol !

Yeah I was really planning to skip off but my boss screwed me over by sending out an email yesterday at 4:57 pm saying that he's taking next week off. I can't just not show up for 3 whole days afterwards when I've got all these month-end issues to sort out.

I'm taking a week off next month-end to go to London so I can't protest too much.

Why are these Mika gigs at the end of every f*cking month!!?? Honestly it's been a nightmare trying to work this out since November. It's so stressful when the whole point of going to these gigs is to just cut loose and forget about the real world for awhile.

my question is not why are his gigs always at the end of the month... it's rather : why are is gig always in the middle of winter ???!?!?

wow so many ppl are comin out for this show!

coolness :D

Im so excited haha!

hey we haven't seen you in a while ! what were u up to ?

Weather update for the big day is between 0 and -3 degrees.

Be prepared for precipitation (likely snow not rain).

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=fourteenday&placecode=caon0696

Thank goodness it isn't going to be as cold as it is today (-20 degrees with the windchill). I couldn't be outside for more than 20 seconds (the time it takes to get from the front door to the car) even in the warmest coat in the world made for Arctic expeditionists, thermal underwear, scarf, and mitts.:thumbdown:

good god it was soooooooooooooooooo cold outside today !!! went to the park with my nephew and my niece and after like 20 minutes my toes and fingers were completly frozen...

So since i'm going to the kool haus as my FIRST (eek!:) mika show, does anybody have any tips on meeting him? or how early should you get there in order to be in the front? I live in michigan but i might leave the day before to get there early, or at least by leave my house by 7am that day. Is that excessive? or not enough?

So since i'm going to the kool haus as my FIRST (eek!:) mika show, does anybody have any tips on meeting him? or how early should you get there in order to be in the front? I live in michigan but i might leave the day before to get there early, or at least by 7am that day. Is that excessive? or not enough?

No. That's too early. I have this thing against posting a specific time. Once you post a specific time, then the whole world knows to come even earlier than you... unless of course you lie and say something like you're gonna be there for 7pm. :naughty:

So since i'm going to the kool haus as my FIRST (eek!:) mika show, does anybody have any tips on meeting him? or how early should you get there in order to be in the front? I live in michigan but i might leave the day before to get there early, or at least by 7am that day. Is that excessive? or not enough?

Oh boy, I hope 7 am is excessive! The first person in the queue at the last London show got there at 9 am. But the venue was 3 or 4 times the size of the Kool Haus and I don't think Toronto is sold out yet. Even though some of us arrived quite early in London, there were people showing up at 2 or 3 pm who would have ended up in the first row had the show not been cancelled.

I don't know what time we're getting there to be honest. If it was summer I'd get there in the morning and just wait it out, but it's going to be cold and possibly snowing. I don't live far from the venue so we may just sort of hover around until others start showing up so we're not outside any longer than is absolutely necessary.

For meeting him you could try to catch him as he's going in for soundcheck which might be around 2-5 pm but it's more likely he'll stop for autographs after the show. Last time he was here it was easy because he played the MOD Club so he just came out into the club after the show. This time we may have to go back outside and wait for him to leave the venue. Might have to wait an hour or two.

No. That's too early. I have this thing against posting a specific time. Once you post a specific time, then the whole world knows to come even earlier than you... unless of course you lie and say something like you're gonna be there for 7pm. :naughty:

Yeah he's just never going to play a venue in Toronto where you'd have to arrive at 7 am. If he was that popular he wouldn't be playing the Kool Haus and we'd have seated tickets.