Mika @ Toronto Guvernment Kool Haus

dcdeb

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, its ok i'm just a bit (a bit, Ha!) nervous and excited, so i don't want to get too hopeful! Ahh! i think i need a mantra. *i will have a great time no matter what, i will have a great time no matter what* hows that ?

good mantra !

Try not to focus too much on meeting him afterwards and just enjoy the show. Anything extra will be a bonus[/b].

One thing I can assure you is if you do get to meet him you will have a good experience. He is always fantastic with the fans.

yeah... though I'm kinda spoiled now... the two times I saw him I got to meet him...

kay - im just going to give my experiences at the kool haus. there isnt supposed to be cameras there, but the tend to not care until you start to make a video. so be very sneaky about it. if they see you hold up your camera for too long, they may freak. this happened when i went to see the fray.

thx for the tip, will not hold my camera up too long !

Anyway I was reading along and people are wonderng about line ups...

theres a loblaws close by the venue.. i figure, especially if we are going to be there a while... we should take turns and shifts in the line up... you know so that people can go to the bathroom go grab a bite or a drink or something without losing their spot in line

good idea I say

i was just thinking too about kool haus...

the last time i was there.. i nearly got kicked out on several occasions... one for my camera... and one for sneakin backstage with my girls haha :P

backstage huh ? any tips ? :naughty:

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm excited for you all.. Your date isn't too far off now!

THX !!! Yeah it's in a week from today !!!!

I don't think I'd do it again though. I just wanted to be there when Suzy gave him the yearbook and get photos. It was all for the sake of MFC.

And that's a VERY good reason !

Hello Canadians!

Hey who's gonna get their yearbook signed in this bunch? So far I think Suzy's got one

Don't know if I'll get mine in time... and even if I do... not sure I want to carry it around... can't wait to receive it though !!!

No more tickets on Ticketmaster. I think the show is sold out. :thumb_yello:

finally !!!! there are a few tickets left on sale in Montréal but it's only singles I think...

Hiya girls .. Ive just seen that this a week away , everyone excited???

excited ? who me ??

heheheh

OF COURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh cool :punk: Are you doing that one toooo??

Cassiopée, Becks and I will be at the Montréal gig as well :punk:

:yay: You're going to love it. Think I might start a thread for first-timers to talk about their expectations and experiences.

good idea !

Ohh nice one ...

Just out of curiousity I watched the Queen video live at Montreal and all the audience sat down and had very little input to the point where Freddie was getting annoyed and swearing at them

Is this a culture thing ??? , Im just curious with Mika playing ...

I saw that show too... and no we're not usually like that !! we have a reputation of being an AWESOME audience in Montréal !!! All the artists love Montréal because we are SOOOO up for it and we've had many artists say that Montréal was their best show...

And Mika LOOOOOVED the gig in Montréal *points to quote in siggy*

And when I spoke to Cherisse in Boston and said I was from Montréal she said : OMG I looooooooooooooooved Montréal !!!! You guys rock you were one of the best audiences I've ever seen !!!!!!

so there, point made... lol

Yes yes !! this was it!! Im sorry Brian May said it was the security not letting the crowd party not the people there

:boxed:

see... told ya we're not like that ! lol

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

I'm getting so excited for all of you!

Well, also excited for me, since that means NYC is getting closer, too!

:woot_jump:

dcdeb

Thx !!!! I'm also excited for NYC.... since I'm going too !!!! Can't wait to meet you there !!!! Did you get a room at the Red Roof Inn ?

yeah - mika is a very talented man and he deserves to bo played on canadian airwaves more than he does now. i listen to a local station and they play him non stop cause i call and hound them

Here in Montréal his songs air A LOT on every radio station... he's REALLY popular...

2092445614_0a7b93afb0_o.jpg

hahahahah! I loooove this picture. his glasses are amazing!

im in class right now and cannot concentrate.

Here in Montréal his songs air A LOT on every radio station... he's REALLY popular...

i wish he was more popular here

Yeah I would like to sell my ticket and get in on the guestlist but I'm afraid to let go of my ticket after queuing all day. I don't want to take any chances. It's not worth $50.

You know, Christine, I have the same fear now....I reckon we keep our ticks, I mean, missing out on the front row is not worth the price of a chicket.

Don't you think?

Or I will be an angry icycle indeed, after queing for hours to see everyone run past me in the end cause some person can't find my Spanish name on a list :roftl:

Forget it!!

6 more sleeps!

:punk:

I can't wai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhh! all these people from other places on the forums have had odd impacts on me! I've practically lived here for the past while so reading how people write things is changing me:hypo: ! Ah, okay, so i'm from michigan and we say "Are you in line?" instead of "are you in queue?" right, so my head is here even when i'm other places to, so today i -oh god- i ACTUALLY used queue instead of line today! argh! sooo embarrassing! My sister mocks me endlessly now, ahhh.:shocked:

New mantra *i'm in LINE, I'm in LINE, I'm in LINE* (i'm going to end up saying that in my sleep and people will think i'm a nutter butter...ooooh well:mf_rosetinted: )

Anyways, update, the concert is officially....6 days, 4 finals, 1 weekend, 1 monday away. YESSS *does a little happy dance/jig*

You know, Christine, I have the same fear now....I reckon we keep our ticks, I mean, missing out on the front row is not worth the price of a chicket.

Don't you think?

Or I will be an angry icycle indeed, after queing for hours to see everyone run past me in the end cause some person can't find my Spanish name on a list :roftl:

Forget it!!

I think it was just going to be me and Suzy. All I ever wanted was proper VIP passes so we could get in before the doors open and not have to queue. Ain't gonna happen so the guest list isn't really that important. :thumbdown:

Ah, okay, so i'm from michigan and we say "Are you in line?" instead of "are you in queue?" right, so my head is here even when i'm other places to, so today i -oh god- i ACTUALLY used queue instead of line today!

Don't worry, everyone in Canada says line-up too. It's just one of those MFC things we've all picked up so we understand each other. Like Mika's braces (instead of suspenders).

I lived in the UK for a couple of years and Suzy and I just went to the gigs in London so we're in the habit of saying queue all the time now.

Don't worry, everyone in Canada says line-up too. It's just one of those MFC things we've all picked up so we understand each other. Like Mika's braces (instead of suspenders).

I lived in the UK for a couple of years and Suzy and I just went to the gigs in London so we're in the habit of saying queue all the time now.

Well, thats good to hear, but i still don't think my sister will let me live it down... I've never said that until now though! And i don't think it matters what i say at school anymore, becasue i've talked about mika so much in the past few weeks that my friends already consider me a nutter butter. they threatened to take the pictures i have of him(for "my own good" bleh), but then i told them that for every one they take i'll print out ten:naughty:. I have to gaurd my iPod carefully now. Im the ONLY one obsessed - no, passionate- about mika and his music at our school......I need a Mika buddy here! hmmph

Well, thats good to hear, but i still don't think my sister will let me live it down... I've never said that until now though! And i don't think it matters what i say at school anymore, becasue i've talked about mika so much in the past few weeks that my friends already consider me a nutter butter. they threatened to take the pictures i have of him(for "my own good" bleh), but then i told them that for every one they take i'll print out ten:naughty:. I have to gaurd my iPod carefully now. Im the ONLY one obsessed - no, passionate- about mika and his music at our school......I need a Mika buddy here! hmmph

I've got news for your friends. Things are going to get a lot worse on the Mika obsession front starting next Wednesday. They should get prepared.

Suzy's Necessities List (might help you remember a few things too)

- Warm coat

- mitts

- hat/earmuffs

- kleenex

- gum

- plastic bag (for putting coat in)

- camera

- Life in Cartoon Motion Yearbook with Sharpie pen

- flashing hearts/MFC buttons

- TICKET/CHICKET **don't forget this! **

Extras (Bonus)

snow pants

hot paws (warming things for mitts)

camping chair

sleeping bag

water

iPod

I want MFC pins.

Too bad im broke.

what should i wearrrr?

Please dress warm (mitts, scarf, extra socks)- especially if you plan to be in line for more than an hour. Bring a plastic bag to put your coat and other layers in during the concert, or you'll be too warm. Scroll down to find January 29th with this link - looks like we might need an umbrella (it calls for snow, but at least its +2 degrees, so then it might be wet...)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0696

It's not really a try-out. They are just asking for pics and/or videos.

They make it sound like they're looking for dancers or something, but this hasn't been the case in the past. Usually Mika's mother or whoever has just pulled someone out of the queue and asked them to put on a costume. It's not like the Lollipop Girls are Pussycat Dolls or anything. :naughty:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12380

Oh Suzy, you're so funny!

That list made me laugh.

I tested my "gig day" outfit to see if I could wear my jeans and snow pants on top of them, so that I can ditch them last minute, and it worked!! Horay!!

so I think I'm sorted when it comes to "warm" stuff.

I also have gloves, warm boots, ear muffs, and my big warm coat has a padded down hood so that should be ok (I hope!!)

Thanks for the umbrella tip, I had not tought of that possibility!!

Aaah I'm so excited about this now:wub2: