"Multi"lingual!!!

pica_mica

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know arabic, english, french and portuguese fluently. Still working on my italian though!! but still..i'm AMAZED by mika!!!

Well see, you know more languages than him.

Not that I'm bringing attention away from him in this aspect, he's very talented with languages, but from my experience on here, I've found it's quite common for Europeans to be bi- and trilingual. He knows English and French from growing up in those environments, and he studied Spanish in school, I'm sure, then a bit of German in college.

He does seem to be able to pick up languages very well, though. I was watching that "backstage" interview with him today, and the interviewer just said a sentence in German to him and he repeated it perfectly. If it were me, I would have to hear it repeated multiple times before I could repeat it even remotely correctly. His accents are great, as well. :)

...I've found it's quite common for Europeans to be bi- and trilingual.

I've noticed that, too. It makes me feel like uncultured swine, sometimes. I speak English, and enough Spanish to order a beer, find the bathroom, and insult someone's mother. It's a bit embarassing that, despite being Canadian, I don't even speak enough French to do those aforementioned things in France/Montreal.

Mika's ability is amazing, though. And his willingness to try is admirable. I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to even try speaking Dutch to a room full of people who speak it fluently. Mika just shrugs, goes "why not?" and plows ahead. Awesome.

I certainly wouldn't be brave enough to even try speaking Dutch to a room full of people who speak it fluently. Mika just shrugs, goes "why not?" and plows ahead. Awesome.

Dutch is not THAT hard. :roftl:

Oh well. Dat zullen we nog wel eens zien. :bleh:

Guys...have you noticed that Mika can speak arabic, french, italian, spanish, german etc etc!!!!!!!????? He knows every language there is to know!!!!:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Yes and he also learnt japanese when he was at school !

When he spoke in Arabic it was soooo funny... his accent was all over the place.. but I have to admit it was super cute... he spoke it quiet well (at least the few things he spoke on stage).. just making the effort to speak the language of the countries he visits is a nice gest

do you have a link of Mika speaking arabic?? i haven`t seen any video

still searching in youtube

Well see, you know more languages than him.

Not that I'm bringing attention away from him in this aspect, he's very talented with languages, but from my experience on here, I've found it's quite common for Europeans to be bi- and trilingual. He knows English and French from growing up in those environments, and he studied Spanish in school, I'm sure, then a bit of German in college.

He does seem to be able to pick up languages very well, though. I was watching that "backstage" interview with him today, and the interviewer just said a sentence in German to him and he repeated it perfectly. If it were me, I would have to hear it repeated multiple times before I could repeat it even remotely correctly. His accents are great, as well. :)

he is a world citizen and well educated... am sure he picked up some arabic from his mom.. english from home and his dad, lived in france (italian and spanish are not too difficult if you speak french ver well).. had to learn german because of his classic music background... his sisters leart Chinese and he took some classes...

I read somewhere that some dyslexic people are very talented in many other domains especially in music, art, and verbal communication

He also would have needed/used his language skills in Music College, where he was singing Lied (German) and probably operatic songs in a variety of European languages.

I think he spent some time then working out things like the changes in vowel sounds, and how to do them, and now is able to use that knowledge to quickly mimic sentences as heard.

He also has a very quick and keen ear, (being unable to read music and trying to play by hearing would help develop that) and a wonderful ability to shift accents very quickly.

He struggles a lot more with the more obscure ones like Norwegian.