American Thread Part II

mandilambi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So did anyone see that a gunman opened fire at Northern Illinois University? 4 people have died so far, not sure if that includes the gunman because he's dead too.

I just don't get why people feel the need to talk others' lives. Seriously, how many shootings have we had lately? Just a week or two ago a man opened fire at a store and killed 5 women.

So did anyone see that a gunman opened fire at Northern Illinois University? 4 people have died so far, not sure if that includes the gunman because he's dead too.

I just don't get why people feel the need to talk others' lives. Seriously, how many shootings have we had lately? Just a week or two ago a man opened fire at a store and killed 5 women.

that's horrible!! :shocked:

I do...for now unless we have more snow.

i think they're going to extend our school year by a week this year..

we've missed 4 or 5 days due to snow already.

Wow....how many shootings a year goes on now? Dang...

I was talking about this in another thread and I got very excited about this idea.

We all know how wretched the US radio stations are at giving Meeks the airtime he deserves so I was thinking we could run our own internet radio station and/or podcasts. It would be MFC centric, of course, but we could have US affiliates and whatnot. We can guarantee a place for Mika to be heard.

I was talking about this in another thread and I got very excited about this idea.

We all know how wretched the US radio stations are at giving Meeks the airtime he deserves so I was thinking we could run our own internet radio station and/or podcasts. It would be MFC centric, of course, but we could have US affiliates and whatnot. We can guarantee a place for Mika to be heard.

It sounds really cool but I don't understand how those things work. Care to explain?:original:

Well I've only done so much research on an actual radio station on either internet and fm. With internet it's a matter of downloading the proper software etc while with fm it's licensing and a mess load of costs and equipment.

Podcasts are a good deal easier and can actually be a much more successful. Ever hear of mugglecast or snapecast - yes, I'm an HP loser :naughty:? Podcasts are fairly similar to what people do on youtube. You record whatever, yourself talking, playing music, etc. then distribute it online through RSS. You would upload it to itunes, basically, and people subscribe. They don't have to pay for the podcast if you don't want them to and then they simply download every show. I'm still trying to find out about live streaming and the requirements.

Oh, I get out in late june, too. But no February break, you lucky duck!

I guess so. Haha but they're so bad about giving us snow days and everything. Plus my school is uber-stressful. It kinda sucks.

And Shontih, that sounds like a good idea!

I think, if anything, it could be a lot of fun for MFCers. We could have affiliates for the Mika Fan Cast (possible name?) at every show. They can report and then we can have our general casters that get together to record the podcasts. We could have MFC updates, talk about whatever is going on in the Mika world, the MFC world, maybe even current events. It just seems like it could be a really fun outlet for MFC. And, after we get into the swing of things, maybe we can actually have little interviews with Mika.

Well I've only done so much research on an actual radio station on either internet and fm. With internet it's a matter of downloading the proper software etc while with fm it's licensing and a mess load of costs and equipment.

Podcasts are a good deal easier and can actually be a much more successful. Ever hear of mugglecast or snapecast - yes, I'm an HP loser :naughty:? Podcasts are fairly similar to what people do on youtube. You record whatever, yourself talking, playing music, etc. then distribute it online through RSS. You would upload it to itunes, basically, and people subscribe. They don't have to pay for the podcast if you don't want them to and then they simply download every show. I'm still trying to find out about live streaming and the requirements.

That sounds like an excellent idea!

I think podcasts would work well, but I don't have a microphone for my computer or anything.

I think, if anything, it could be a lot of fun for MFCers. We could have affiliates for the Mika Fan Cast (possible name?) at every show. They can report and then we can have our general casters that get together to record the podcasts. We could have MFC updates, talk about whatever is going on in the Mika world, the MFC world, maybe even current events. It just seems like it could be a really fun outlet for MFC. And, after we get into the swing of things, maybe we can actually have little interviews with Mika.

This sounds brilliant!

you should make a thread about this in the suggestion area so that the mods can see it too and give you some feedback and see if this could be possible for us.(If you haven't already).