Billy brown.. is he gay or bi?

Lana86

I was listening to the song the other day... and billy brown was married to a woman... then he had a relationship with a man but in the end there was somethin about him with a woman again... so i thought... its widely excepted that billy brown is gay... but the song itself confuses me towards the end...

Do you guys know what part I'm talking about? Am I the only one that picked up on that or what...

*from the song*

Leaving his lover and his family behind.

Oh Billy Brown needed to find some peace of mind.

And on his journey and his travels on the way,

He met a girlie who was brave enough to say,

When they made love he shared the burden of his mind.

Oh Billy Brown you are a victim of the times.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he is bi. I am bi and I totally understand what bi people go through and that is why I identify so much with Billy. I have gone through the exact sceneario ( not running off to mexico) but Essentially part of my discovering phase. He said "fell in love with another man" and that is the clue "fell in love" not "fell in lust". Its a deeper thing...anyway that is what I see and how I interperet the song and why it means so much to me...

Suzanne

"the victim of the times" is an interesting statement. Bisexuality is becoming more visible as an orientation in itself but society as a whole still does not recognize it as much as being gay or heterosexual is. Bi people still experience some predjudice .Time, however will change when all orientations and varations are accepted. Wth understanding compassion, Billy will live a happy life as a bisexual person whoever he chooses to be with and its ok to be attracted to both sexes. Who you choose do be with does not mean who you really are.

"the victim of the times" is an interesting statement. Bisexuality is becoming more visible as an orientation in itself but society as a whole still does not recognize it as much as being gay or heterosexual is. Bi people still experience some predjudice .Time, however will change when all orientations and varations are accepted. Wth understanding compassion, Billy will live a happy life as a bisexual person whoever he chooses to be with and its ok to be attracted to both sexes. Who you choose do be with does not mean who you really are.

Not so sure of that :wink2:

I think that a certain amount of prejudice will always be there; We are humans and, unfortunately, it's part of human nature to a certain degree :blink:

For the people who said they dont care... has that just become a statement of choice as a mika fan or something?

I'm not talking about mika's sexuality im talking about what the SONG is saying about the character discussed in the song... mika never said he didn't want to discuss the sexuality of billybrown... if he didnt want to discuss it or have it be talked about then why write a song about it? people discuss lyrics all the time...

I get that mika's fans go out of their way to express their lack of care as to what mika's sexuality is... fine and dandy that you feel the best way to support him is to say you don't care which way he goes... and to be honest I don't really care much either because I'm not out to get a piece from the man... however it bugs the heck outta me when people jump into a thread to say they "dont care" obviously you care enough to waste a minute of your life typing out that statement ;)

Lana I think people are just being silly. There's a big long discussion about Mika's sexuality and the idea behind I DON'T CARE in the Mika's Personal Life thread. I think that's actually where we discussed Billy Brown's bisexuality too if you care to read it. (Very long thread though that kind of meanders all over the place.)