Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't blahblah that all because I was being rude or anything, I just wanted to highlight that one part. without it looking like all you said was 'gay marriage' and without quoting the entire thing.:mf_rosetinted:

anyways, what did he say about gay marriage?

I remember him saying a few months ago he was against marriage, but for civil unions.

Sorry, I should have said civil unions. My bad. He said that lesbian and gay should basically have the same benefits married couples have and the government shouldn't be able to prevent them from doing so. Though I know that civil unions aren't the same. I forgot that both he and Hilary are for civil unions but against marriage.

:lmao: :lmao:

I thought that was a reference to my age at first!!!! :roftl:

Not yours.:naughty:

john_mccain.jpgcrypt_keeper.jpg

Sorry, I should have said civil unions. My bad. He said that lesbian and gay should basically have the same benefits married couples have. Though I know that civil unions aren't the same. I forgot that both he and Hilary are for civil unions but against marriage.

That's sort of one thing I don't understand about people hating McCain. Sure, he seems like a real dolt, but if you're against abortion and for gay marriage, it doesn't really matter who you vote for...? Neither of them's supporting gay marriage.

I didn't know Hilary was against gay marriage. *gasp!*

All I know is Bill Clinton turns me on. Purrr.

That's sort of one thing I don't understand about people hating McCain. Sure, he seems like a real dolt, but if you're against abortion and for gay marriage, it doesn't really matter who you vote for...? Neither of them's supporting gay marriage.

I didn't know Hilary was against gay marriage. *gasp!*

All I know is Bill Clinton turns me on. Purrr.

Yeah, but it doesn't just boil down to those two topics. There are other topics. I just think McCain is too much like Bush and I don't want to listen to people bitch about the government for another 4 years among other things. I think main issue that will get people to decide (or it should) is the economy. It's terrible right now.

No politician would be pro gay marriage, that would make him/her lose. Obama and McCain have the same view, they want to give the same rights that straight people have to gay people, the difference I think it's that Obama is pro civil unions while McCain wants to leave that decision to the government of every state. Obama recently said that "marriage" is the union between a man and a woman, and even thought I'm gay I agree with him. Marriage is a concept that comes from the bible and it has it define meaning. But of course, I'm pro civil unions and same rights for everybody.

No politician would be pro gay marriage, that would make him/her lose. Obama and McCain have the same view, they want to give the same rights that straight people have to gay people, the difference I think it's that Obama is pro civil unions while McCain wants to leave that decision to the government of every state. Obama recently said that "marriage" is the union between a man and a woman, and even thought I'm gay I agree with him. Marriage is a concept that comes from the bible and it has it define meaning. But of course, I'm pro civil unions and same rights for everybody.

*cough* not in canada...

EDIT: But im not gay and i got into a fight with a camp perso because she said the same thing about marriage being a union between a man and a woman. Sure the bible deifnes that, but in this day and age does marriage not mean love? Can men not love men, and women not love women? They were born this way, I read an article, men have the right side (Or something like thaat) smaller then the other side, and lesbian's brains are built the same way. Vice versa. That's why we find a majority (nnot all) of gay men feminine and so on.

Sorry to rant, i just dont like the fact people i admire (Ex. Freddie) had to hide that sexuality for it not being accepted.

I think the main thing Obama was trying to hit on when he mentioned it last night was that he doesn't think the government has the right to prevent those things. He said the same thing about abortions. It's up to the people decide for themselves. He also talked about equality a lot. Like how the people in the armed services aren't fighting for a red or blue country, they're just fighting for their country. I thought it was a good point.

And you do make a good point on the difference between marriage and civil unions. I think Sarie has said that before too.

Yeah, but it doesn't just boil down to those two topics. There are other topics. I just think McCain is too much like Bush and I don't want to listen to people bitch about the government for another 4 years among other things. I think main issue that will get people to decide (or it should) is the economy. It's terrible right now.

My serious opinion: These things are sorted out years beforehand. It's already decided who's going to win this election, the next election, and the election after that, etc.

They just let us think we get a vote to make us feel like we have some kind of control.

Obama recently said that "marriage" is the union between a man and a woman, and even thought I'm gay I agree with him. Marriage is a concept that comes from the bible and it has it define meaning. But of course, I'm pro civil unions and same rights for everybody.

I agree.

My dad says there's no such thing as a religious homosexual, but I think that's completely stupid.

My serious opinion: These things are sorted out years beforehand. It's already decided who's going to win this election, the next election, and the election after that, etc.

They just let us think we get a vote to make us feel like we have some kind of control.

I agree.

My dad says there's no such thing as a religious homosexual, but I think that's completely stupid.

I agree with you. That's why I don't think the electoral college will ever be done away with, even though it lost any sort of usefulness around a hundred years ago.:thumbdown:

My dad says that too...which is why I don't discuss anything more important with my father than what I had for breakfast.

I have plenty of gay/bi friends who are religious, and am bisexual and religious myself. I've made peace with the fact that if I were to have a long-term relationship with a girl, that it would not be what God had originally planned for the human race. However, He made me this way and loves me no matter what and that's all I can ask for.

I just like that the whole reason they started the electoral college way back when was because they thought Americans were too stupid to vote for president by themselves.

I have plenty of gay/bi friends who are religious, and am bisexual and religious myself. I've made peace with the fact that if I were to have a long-term relationship with a girl, that it would not be what God had originally planned for the human race. However, He made me this way and loves me no matter what and that's all I can ask for.

Exactly.

People assume that because I'm Catholic, I'm suddenly against gay people or something. Do I think it's what God intended? Sort of, in a sense that He knows everything that's going to happen, has everything planned out, etc. I don't think it's how people SHOULD live, but I really don't have a problem with it. It's like........ if I had a friend that was Taoist (using a random religion, nothing personal to Taoists) Do I agree with it? No. Do I think I'm right? Of course, because if I thought I was wrong about my religious choice, I'd change it to what I felt was best. Do I have a problem with it? Nope.

And I hate people that say "OH, I LOVE GAY PEOPLE."

I don't love gay people any more than I love straight people. It's not about your sexual prefference, it's about what kind of person you are. I've met nice gay people, and I've met some real sonsofabitch. oh well.

Exactly.

People assume that because I'm Catholic, I'm suddenly against gay people or something. Do I think it's what God intended? Sort of, in a sense that He knows everything that's going to happen, has everything planned out, etc. I don't think it's how people SHOULD live, but I really don't have a problem with it. It's like........ if I had a friend that was Taoist (using a random religion, nothing personal to Taoists) Do I agree with it? No. Do I think I'm right? Of course, because if I thought I was wrong about my religious choice, I'd change it to what I felt was best. Do I have a problem with it? Nope.

I don't love gay people any more than I love straight people. It's not about your sexual prefference, it's about what kind of person you are. I've met nice gay people, and I've met some real sonsofabitch. oh well.

Oooh this is interesting :original:

I just think it's ridiculous that they put gay people into their own group as though they're a different species.

I just think it's ridiculous that they put gay people into their own group as though they're a different species.

I love those gays. Those gays are all fashionable. I've never seen a dyke who didn't wear flannel. Isn't it cute the way the boy ones all like musical theatre? LOLZ. i saw them at a zoo once, but it said not to feed them peanuts, because they'd just throw them back at you. But I reached my hand through the cage and pet one. So soft and cuddly. They had one on a leash so the kids could pet it, and it rubbed it's back up against my legs. The zookeeper said he was marking his territory. He probably smelled MY gay on me.

I love those gays. Those gays are all fashionable. I've never seen a dyke who didn't wear flannel. Isn't it cute the way the boy ones all like musical theatre? LOLZ. i saw them at a zoo once, but it said not to feed them peanuts, because they'd just throw them back at you. But I reached my hand through the cage and pet one. So soft and cuddly. They had one on a leash so the kids could pet it, and it rubbed it's back up against my legs. The zookeeper said he was marking his territory. He probably smelled MY gay on me.

:lmfao: ow it bit me!

That's odd.:blink:

I heard they only bit horrible fashion designers.

(seriously, why do people buy into gay stereotypes?)

I have no idea, but it is EVERYWHERE.

but then again a lot of them are...well....the stereotypes. A gay guy at my school wore a pink girl's polo and...it's just bad : P

I have no idea, but it is EVERYWHERE.

but then again a lot of them are...well....the stereotypes. A gay guy at my school wore a pink girl's polo and...it's just bad : P

Ahaha.:naughty: