Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A swedish journalist wrote (mind my translation :P):

Problemet är inte (vilket just nu tvingar demokrater att äta lugnande medel) att vicepresidentkandidatens prisvinnande sympatiska personlighet kan hjälpa republikanerna att vinna valet. Inte heller att hon har styrt Alaska på ett sätt som liknar något ur filmen ”Jägarna”, med vänskapskorruption och föga intresse för regler

The problem is not tha the candidate price winning persionality can help the republicans win the election. Neither that she has ruled alaska in a way that led to "friendly corruption" and her way of having too less interests in rules. no, the problems are that she skipped reading the american constitution before she went into a library and tried to forbid a book about homosexuality. That she for a few days ago said that Iraq has the responsibility for the terror attacs in new york seven years ago. That she says she can handle the conflicts between russia and georgia because "you can see russia from here" and recently hadn't travelled abroad, and very rarly from alaska. That she seems to not know anything when she is given the question of what she thinks about bush's mission of invading countries preventable. That she is going to solve the energy crsie by taking oil from alaska which will make the gosoline so cheap, so cheap.

Is there something the journalists speak? I've only followed palin's carrier from this little country far far away....

A swedish journalist wrote (mind my translation :P):

Problemet är inte (vilket just nu tvingar demokrater att äta lugnande medel) att vicepresidentkandidatens prisvinnande sympatiska personlighet kan hjälpa republikanerna att vinna valet. Inte heller att hon har styrt Alaska på ett sätt som liknar något ur filmen ”Jägarna”, med vänskapskorruption och föga intresse för regler

The problem is not tha the candidate price winning persionality can help the republicans win the election. Neither that she has ruled alaska in a way that led to "friendly corruption" and her way of having too less interests in rules. no, the problems are that she skipped reading the american constitution before she went into a library and tried to forbid a book about homosexuality. That she for a few days ago said that Iraq has the responsibility for the terror attacs in new york seven years ago. That she says she can handle the conflicts between russia and georgia because "you can see russia from here" and recently hadn't travelled abroad, and very rarly from alaska. That she seems to not know anything when she is given the question of what she thinks about bush's mission of invading countries preventable. That she is going to solve the energy crsie by taking oil from alaska which will make the gosoline so cheap, so cheap.

Is there something the journalists speak? I've only followed palin's carrier from this little country far far away....

Those are a few of the issues that are circulating around her right now, and yes, frankly, I agree with some of them. I don't like many of her views, particularly on abortion, homosexuality, and the war.

Like Huckabee, McCain, and most other republicans, I am in nearly complete opposition.

NOTE: This doesn't mean I'm crazy about democrats either. I just happen to agree with them more of the time.

HA! I totally saw that snl skit:naughty: She hit it on the nail man:punk:

and its true, Palin tried to hold a prayer service or something like that to "save homosexuals"

:naughty: you be the judge...

Quite frankly, I can't stand the woman:thumbdown:

I like to refrain from obscenities today regarding Mrs SP!

I might get arrested :mf_rosetinted:

HA! I totally saw that snl skit:naughty: She hit it on the nail man:punk:

and its true, Palin tried to hold a prayer service or something like that to "save homosexuals"

:naughty: you be the judge...

Quite frankly, I can't stand the woman:thumbdown:

Did she really?:shocked:

Jeez.

Politics are the same the World over - its a minefield trying to work

out who really IS decent!! :no:

I know.

I'm mostly voting for McCain (well, not voting... rooting him on. Well, technically not that...) because I think he's the lesser of two evils.

Don't like either of them. BRING BACK HUCKABEE.:mf_rosetinted:

wouldn't it be better with more than two (well okey three) parties to vote for? It must be easyer finding something you really want to vote for by having more alternatives. Or do you think the system would be inefficient if that was the situation?

I don't like the politics to be very personal. Ofc, the politicans reliability must be controlled, but sometimes that constant picking in the newspapers leavs nothing to what the candidates acctually want to achive if they end up as the president. and the speaches are often really close to propaganda. A illusion is created, an abstract picture they want people to buy. When the fight has come to an end is when you can see what really was in all those great words.

Politics is ugly...but I feel that McCain is uglier:naughty:

I don't trust him one bit...and Sarah Palin, forget it...I trust her even less.

I've said it before, I'm partial to Obama for many many reasons...but I've witnessed first hand what he's done for my community. I think he's an amazing person...

Bottom line for me is that I don't want anyone in office who agreed with Bush 90% of the time...and i don't want a lady in there who wants homosexuals coverted.

They say McCain has a 1 in 3 chance of even surviving his first term if he's elected. Palin as president, tragic.

Obama has had his faults, but I've always been on his side... So, its obvious who's got my vote lol...I talk about it all the time.

I just think its important for everybody who can vote, to vote... it does make a difference.

Well I'm not an American, but if I was, my vote would go to Obama. I really like him. But then on the other hand I really don't like republicans/conservatives/right politicians.

And this woman- Sarah Palin- she scares me. For real.:shocked:

Anyway- we are having elections this week, on Sunday, and I honestly hope that our most-marvellous government will fall.:mf_rosetinted: 4 years of narrow-minded, corruptible and repressive politics is more than enough.

wouldn't it be better with more than two (well okey three) parties to vote for? It must be easyer finding something you really want to vote for by having more alternatives. Or do you think the system would be inefficient if that was the situation?

We have the Green party. To be honest (without trying to sound stupid) I'm not even sure what the Green party believes. I filled out my voter registration today, and I think the options were: "Democratic, Republican, Green, No Affiliation, or Other (please specify)"

Plus, Ralph Nader has been in practically every election since 1807.:naughty: He walks away with about 3 votes every time.

I've said it before, I'm partial to Obama for many many reasons...but I've witnessed first hand what he's done for my community. I think he's an amazing person...

Bottom line for me is that I don't want anyone in office who agreed with Bush 90% of the time...and i don't want a lady in there who wants homosexuals coverted.

They say McCain has a 1 in 3 chance of even surviving his first term if he's elected. Palin as president, tragic.

Obama has had his faults, but I've always been on his side... So, its obvious who's got my vote lol...I talk about it all the time.

I just think its important for everybody who can vote, to vote... it does make a difference.

Yea. I don't hate people that like Obama, I just don't like him.

I don't feel obligated to vote for people who are from my state though unless they've done something spectacular.

Just too many of Obama's ideas that I don't agree with.

I know.

I'm mostly voting for McCain (well, not voting... rooting him on. Well, technically not that...) because I think he's the lesser of two evils.

Don't like either of them. BRING BACK HUCKABEE.:mf_rosetinted:

Not meaning this in a sarcastic way at all (because apparently, it's hard to tell with me sometimes...:naughty:), but what do you like about Huckabee?

I ask because I have only done minimal research on him and his views, and what little I found, I absolutely disagreed with. Maybe you could give me a better insight on him, more depth, show me more of him than the initial image I have as the physical interpretation of every stereotypical flaw I've seen in republican views.

I don't like the politics to be very personal. Ofc, the politicans reliability must be controlled, but sometimes that constant picking in the newspapers leavs nothing to what the candidates acctually want to achive if they end up as the president. and the speaches are often really close to propaganda. A illusion is created, an abstract picture they want people to buy. When the fight has come to an end is when you can see what really was in all those great words.

There are actually hundreds, if not thousands, of political parties in the United States, but the Republican and Democrat parties are the two that have the majority of supporters and news coverage, and they have come to represent the the two sides to each debate. Like the proverbial coin, their opinions are opposite and all-encompassing. It's either heads or tails, right or left, republican or democrat. Only occasionally is an issue so absurd or simple that both parties agree on it.

There's Independents, like myself, who have chosen not to affiliate themselves with a party. (Not to be confused with the "Independent Party" a term coined by Ralph Nadar to create easier ballot access for himself, nor the various political parties who include the word "independent" in their title. The very principle of the Independent voter is that they are NOT part of a party.)

The Green party has gained some momentum and media coverage lately, and they have even elected candidates to run, but still do not detract much support away from the republicans and democrats.

I'm sorry, but after the last 8 years, I just don't believe that anymore. And until the electoral college representatives are required to swear, by penalty of prison if not fulfilled, that they will vote for the candidate they say they will, or electoral college is done away with completely, I don't see myself believing in it anytime in the near future.

Well I'm not an American, but if I was, my vote would go to Obama. I really like him. But then on the other hand I really don't like republicans/conservatives/right politicians.

And this woman- Sarah Palin- she scares me. For real.:shocked:

Anyway- we are having elections this week, on Sunday, and I honestly hope that our most-marvellous government will fall.:mf_rosetinted: 4 years of narrow-minded, corruptible and repressive politics is more than enough.

Good luck, and come back to this thread and tell us how it goes!

We have the Green party. To be honest (without trying to sound stupid) I'm not even sure what the Green party believes. I filled out my voter registration today, and I think the options were: "Democratic, Republican, Green, No Affiliation, or Other (please specify)"

The Green party's primary concern is the preservation and renewal of the environment, which is why they have received more attention lately, what with global warming and the polar bears and the Green Revolution.

Naturally, their views coincide often with democrats, but their first priority, no matter the issue, is always how it will affect the earth.

Hope that makes things clear.:thumb_yello:

What? Politicians lie? No way. Half those things aren't even pertinent to him running for president. Oh who cares about his family? And just about all of the politicians are privileged. That's why they're politicians. And who the eff cares if he practiced Islam? It's not his fault most of Americans are prejudiced against Muslims.

How 'bout in Alaska where there are areas in which people are paying $11 for a gallon of milk and $9 for a gallon of gas? Bravo, Governor Palin. I just wish people would get over the fact that she's a woman and attractive.

Edit: Sarie, that wasn't directed toward you, just the list in general. I'm sure McCain's list would be just as long if not longer. The biggest one would be: "There will be change" even though he agrees with Bush on almost everything.

Not meaning this in a sarcastic way at all (because apparently, it's hard to tell with me sometimes...:naughty:), but what do you like about Huckabee?

I ask because I have only done minimal research on him and his views, and what little I found, I absolutely disagreed with. Maybe you could give me a better insight on him, more depth, show me more of him than the initial image I have as the physical interpretation of every stereotypical flaw I've seen in republican views.

I think the thing that was appealing about him was that he didn't grow up in a super rich household. I liked his stance on abortion and homosexuality, and he spoke alot about fighting underage diabetes in the country. Which, I doubt anything serious would have come of it, but still.

I just really liked him.

The Green party's primary concern is the preservation and renewal of the environment, which is why they have received more attention lately, what with global warming and the polar bears and the Green Revolution.

Naturally, their views coincide often with democrats, but their first priority, no matter the issue, is always how it will affect the earth.

Hope that makes things clear.:thumb_yello:

It does, thankyou! I figured it had something to do with the environment, but I wasn't positive.

Edit: Sarie, that was totally directed at you. I hate you, and you know it. *sends personal attacks*

:tears:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

What the HECK, man? I'm reading about Huckabee on Wikipedia (I wanted to see what he's up to now that he dropped out) and it says he's against civil unions.:shocked:

That's not the Huckster I knew and loved.:tears: He was on some show talking about how he supported civil unions. Whhhhhat?

so, I had to change my siggy:naughty: I've never been in "trouble" before:shocked:

wow... actually, the mod who shall remain nameless was veeeerrry kind:blush-anim-cl:

Though I didn't know I couldn't state that kind of a thing in a sig. wow... imagine that.

Is the MFC a democracy?

:roftl:

so, I had to change my siggy:naughty: I've never been in "trouble" before:shocked:

wow... actually, the mod who shall remain nameless was veeeerrry kind:blush-anim-cl:

Though I didn't know I couldn't state that kind of a thing in a sig. wow... imagine that.

Is the MFC a democracy?

:roftl:

Why, what was your sig?

Last I knew it was just a picture of Obama, wunnit?

Why, what was your sig?

Last I knew it was just a picture of Obama, wunnit?

yeah, I had a quote of his too...and "Barack the vote"

So, I guess there's something in the FAQ about not putting your religious or political beliefs (something like that) in your sig. or avi.

Sooo, say hello to Audrey! :naughty: