Anybody else doing A Levels/AS Levels?

xBillyBrownx

Just wondering if there was anyone else here who's suffering like me. It would be nice if we could come here and just complain about school :D

So is there anybody else here who's doing A Levels or AS Levels at the moment. I'm still doing AS. It's great fun!:mf_rosetinted:

And if so what subjects are you studying etc?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

im doing the IB, much like A' levels just less fun, more subjects, heaps of coursework and a boring, pointless Theory of Knowledge course. just wrote my mocks. passed with equivalent to AAAAAB only the grades are like, 7,7,7,7,7,6. have finals in may.

im doing the IB, much like A' levels just less fun, more subjects, heaps of coursework and a boring, pointless Theory of Knowledge course. just wrote my mocks. passed with equivalent to AAAAAB only the grades are like, 7,7,7,7,7,6. have finals in may.

aww i noe i hear IB sucks! goodluck i hope you do well! probably will - grades are very good;)!

Im doing a degree does that count ? :naughty: ... yes i know how much fun it is :mf_rosetinted: ... *gives evil look at pile of papers* :sneaky2::thumbdown:

what exactly is a degree? in france things have different names for everything I never understand what people from other countries are studying lol

what exactly is a degree? in france things have different names for everything I never understand what people from other countries are studying lol

Ermm good question :naughty: Basically you do your A levels in england , then once they are done you go to university and do a degree , then masters etc etc .. sorry if that wasnt much help :naughty:

Not everyone goes onto a masters though , thats like a doctorate - PHd

oh dear that's even worse! :blink: goodluck to you as wel! what are you studying?

lol yes i luuuurve to study:sneaky2:

Im doing a degree in mental health studies/Psychology :thumb_yello: Its an amzing course and very interesting , this semester has been a hard one its my last semester before graduating , but im sure you know as well as me the hard work will pay off eventually :wink2:

Its just so hard to be positive like this all the time when your sat in front of a 5000 word essay :roftl::naughty:

Good luck to you to btw hun! x

Im doing a degree in mental health studies/Psychology :thumb_yello: Its an amzing course and very interesting , this semester has been a hard one its my last semester before graduating , but im sure you know as well as me the hard work will pay off eventually :wink2:

Its just so hard to be positive like this all the time when your sat in front of a 5000 word essay :roftl::naughty:

Good luck to you to btw hun! x

Wow that's so interesting! I really want to do psychology as well:wub2: I'm sure it will pay off:thumb_yello: haha trust me i know what you mean!! i feel the same way whenever i'm about to write an essay for english lit (example right now..)

thanks!!:blush-anim-cl:

i just hope it's worth it

Ermm good question :naughty: Basically you do your A levels in england , then once they are done you go to university and do a degree , then masters etc etc .. sorry if that wasnt much help :naughty:

Not everyone goes onto a masters though , thats like a doctorate - PHd

okay I see what it is. we have masters too, it's after the 3 years of licence at uni. you get your masters after 5 years of uni. that's what I'm doing right now. doctorate is after the master

okay I see what it is. we have masters too, it's after the 3 years of licence at uni. you get your masters after 5 years of uni. that's what I'm doing right now. doctorate is after the master

whatttt?! are you serious?! i thought you were like..17!

:shocked:

Wow that's so interesting! I really want to do psychology as well:wub2: I'm sure it will pay off:thumb_yello: haha trust me i know what you mean!! i feel the same way whenever i'm about to write an essay for english lit (example right now..)

thanks!!:blush-anim-cl:

i just hope it's worth it

Im sure you would love psychology , its fascinating ... were doing addictions at the minute and i love it :wub2: ... Its actually easier to face everyday problems with a course like that too , as you learn to council yourself when a problem arrises , well thats what we have found :) ...

Im sure it will be worth it ! ... i just think of the Car and the money ... OH and career satisfaction i suppose ... :naughty::wink2:

Awesome ! :thumb_yello: I dont think i could handle anymore years of Uni so i admire your determination !

Ill just stick with the 3 years of a Degree , :naughty:

Im sure you would love psychology , its fascinating ... were doing addictions at the minute and i love it :wub2: ... Its actually easier to face everyday problems with a course like that too , as you learn to council yourself when a problem arrises , well thats what we have found :) ...

Im sure it will be worth it ! ... i just think of the Car and the money ... OH and career satisfaction i suppose ... :naughty::wink2:

wow i'd love to study that! i noe what you mean i'm sure it helps you understand people as well:naughty:

haha good thinking! i'll try to do that.. except it's so far in the future! :boxed:

i did as/a-levels one and two years ago (obviously as levels come before a-levels..)

I did: Drama and Theatre Studies, Media Studies, English Literature and Language Combined and Art and Design: Fine Art.

my sister made me take english even though i didn't want to, because she said it would come in handy.

i liked all my other subjects, apart from english, as i never did the homework, never really listened, mucked around and gossiped...

As the year went on I found that Art was increasingly becoming more difficult. I've never been trained in Art and always stuck to pencils....drawing pencils and colouring pencils, while everyone else around me were brilliant at paint, chalk, charcoal...you name it.

Exam time was coming round, and my final piece turned out to be this:

fairy.jpg

my teacher practically slated it and said that it wasn't art, to which i responded "you're an ART teacher, isn't everything supposed to be art?"

he was biased and favoured abstract art like Picasso, and therefore didn't think pretty, fantastical things such as Fairies were considered art. He also said that if I used a different range of media (that's paint, chalk, charcoal...) instead of pencils, I'd get more marks which I thought was ridiculous, because surely it's quality over quantity?

I stuck to my guns and in my exam I did the same thing, but got an E. I discovered that art itself is all about self discovery and isn't really something that could be taught.

In my first year I got:

Art: E

Drama: D (it's alot harder than what i originally thought...)

Media: C

English: B

I was really surprised at English, because I never even tried. I worked hard on the others but English came out on top.

I decided to drop art and carry on with English. I thought I might as well study something that's gonna give me good marks, something I'm good at. *not saying i'm a bad artist, i don't think i am, just what the college considered good and bad...*

in my second year, I got:

Drama: D

Media: C

English: B

Same story with english again...didn't do anything, but gained the top mark. Heck, two of my exam papers were A's!! :shocked:

but i never found it stressful. I don't stress about it, i dont know why...

i study childcare now and have an exam tomorrow, but im not worried...

wow i'd love to study that! i noe what you mean i'm sure it helps you understand people as well:naughty:

haha good thinking! i'll try to do that.. except it's so far in the future! :boxed:

Yeah i understand alot about people and why they think irrational etc , but alot of the time i keep it to myself :naughty: ... the worst is when your on a night out and people ask what your doing on your course and you tell them psychology , and they think your analysing them all night ! :roftl: ... Goodness sake , i wanna good time and to leave my course at home not to analyse people !! :naughty:

How long do you have left ? :)

once ive finished my childcare course i'm going to study counselling. i think it's a very interesting subject and comes under psychology...i've always found it intriguing and love knowing how people's brains work.

Yeah i understand alot about people and why they think irrational etc , but alot of the time i keep it to myself :naughty: ... the worst is when your on a night out and people ask what your doing on your course and you tell them psychology , and they think your analysing them all night ! :roftl: ... Goodness sake , i wanna good time and to leave my course at home not to analyse people !! :naughty:

How long do you have left ? :)

Oh, Media completely ruined me. I studied it for four years (two years GCSE, two years A-levels..) and I can't look at a poster without deconstructing it. It's like clockwork; it just happens. I stare at it for a few seconds and I'm already wondering why they chose those colours, that font, that person, that tagline, and within the next few seconds I have my answers. It's completely insane.

wow i'd love to study that! i noe what you mean i'm sure it helps you understand people as well

I've applied to do Psychology when i go in September too.

The course looks so interesting. Im also doing business studies and 2 langauges

Its SUCH an interesting course , im sure most people would love it ! :thumb_yello I also love when you are watching a film and the director hasn't done his research on mental health disorders mentioned in the film, and gets the disorder totally wrong and the symptoms etc :naughty: I love pointing it out to people :roftl::wink2:

For example ... me , myself and irene - where he tells him he has multiple personality disorder , and then calls him a schizo ... 2 totally different disorders :wink2::naughty:

Wow i admire you for doing languages , i would love to but just cnt get the hang of it :boxed:

Oh, Media completely ruined me. I studied it for four years (two years GCSE, two years A-levels..) and I can't look at a poster without deconstructing it. It's like clockwork; it just happens. I stare at it for a few seconds and I'm already wondering why they chose those colours, that font, that person, that tagline, and within the next few seconds I have my answers. It's completely insane.

HAHA! im the same Caz like i just posted ! I do it ALL the time with films and i even noticed an error in the Brantano shoe advert !! :roftl: