Long shot

wolfs_cry

hey guys, im new juuust incase you looked at my name and is like eh who!! sooo HI!!*waves*

I was just wondering how you would go about becoming part of Mika's backing band, since i would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to become part of his stage crew and i was wondering if any one on this would be able to make that dream a reality?

he is such an inspiration and an influence to me musically and has managed to "re-light" my musician dream yet again,and there are no words whatsoever to describe how much i would want to thank him for doing this...it kills me to say that he will never no what he has done for me....

so llike i said before, is there anyway of becoming part of his touring band? like if anyone has any contact details or inside information

please i would really like some help

thanks for listening

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think Mika holds auditions when he needs someone and doesn't have a musician already in mind. You can try contacting his management or booking agency to see if he's in need:

http://www.fuertegroup.com/aboutfuerte.cfm

http://www.codaagency.com/live-roste...p?artistid=690

If you want to find Mika himself he'll be in North America by the end of January and returning to play some gigs in London at the end of February. You probably won't get much face time with him but you may get a chance to speak to the other musicians and his management.

(Oh and welcome to Holly's son too!)

Firstly, welcome, and may you havemany happy hours on here.

Secondly, I think Mika has pretty much got his band sorted at the moment. From what I gather, they'll be doing the second album with him and that'll most likely mean they'll be touring again with him, and since he has said he is adverse to change, I would think that he'll not be getting rid of them anytime soon. Should he go to bigger venues though he may take on more backing singers, if the new album has a bigger sound, but that won't be just yet. Best chance to find out is to talk to John, his tour manager after any show you may go to.

If you mean stage crew, I guess you would have to find out what agency he uses when he tours, best bet with that is to talk to the crew after the shows, thy will know better than anyone.

Hope that helps.

hey guys, im new juuust incase you looked at my name and is like eh who!! sooo HI!!*waves*

I was just wondering how you would go about becoming part of Mika's backing band, since i would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to become part of his stage crew and i was wondering if any one on this would be able to make that dream a reality?

he is such an inspiration and an influence to me musically and has managed to "re-light" my musician dream yet again,and there are no words whatsoever to describe how much i would want to thank him for doing this...it kills me to say that he will never no what he has done for me....

so llike i said before, is there anyway of becoming part of his touring band? like if anyone has any contact details or inside information

please i would really like some help

thanks for listening

It would be a very big commitment though. He tours almost constantly, doesn't rest much. His band probably get more down time than he does, but not that much less.

I can sing, but would never dream of auditioning as a backing singer for Mika. I'd be away from home too much and that wouldn't suit me.

Besides, I'd sooner just be his fan. That way, I get to see the best of him. The people who travel with him get to see him in a bad mood sometimes, and I bet he's a perfectionist. They are the worst people to work for.

Love today, from Marilyn

yeh i suppose would be a little weird auditioning for someone you look up to, means you gotta try really hard....then again if you dont get thru will that effect how you see them? nah :P id still love him

i want t o be amusician anyways and have studyed all my life to be one sooo im used to the commitment that is needed in the touring process and making albums. Im a perfectionist too so that would make the 2 of us :P

thanks for the advice tho :P

Lor

xxxx