Who's your modern day style icon?

BonjourMika1990

If this thread exists, sorry but I havn't seen it lol

I don't really follow trends, but I wear what I love...my style is definatley bohemian and vintage... I love simplicity and unique, frilly stuff.

See I took a fashion course over the summer and found out that I really don't want to design clothes *rolls eyes* but I did enjoy learning about style...

I can honestly say that where I'm from, there's no one that dresses like me... I pair skinnies with 4 inch boots and wear my hair long (sometimes shakira-ish lol)... I'm always mixing colors, never caring to match... I love knits and bold patterns... My inspiration is almost always the 60's and 70's.

I thought I would never find anyone famous who resembled my way of dressing... suddenly, out of no where a little teen queen grew some fashion sense and I couldn't hate her anymore :P

Anyways, my modern day style icon is:

Mary Kate Olsen... I can't help but love the way she dresses! She's got that bohemian, messy... chic look to her...that just works. I love it! For a while, it was really big and baggy, but I think she's finally found a great rhythm...She makes bold statements... I also adore the way she does her hair. Everything looks effortless for her, like she enjoys style and has fun with it...

mary_kate_olsen_300x400.jpg

awesome.jpg

marykate.jpg

Who's your modern day style icon?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pair skinnies with 4 inch boots

That's how most of the girls at my school dress.

I must say that I don't care for fashion. I really wish I did though! There is a girl at my school in particular that always has the perfect outfit and she never wears anything twice. She literally takes the tags off right before she gets dressed so she knows they haven't been worn yet. I don't know how she does it!

That's how most of the girls at my school dress.

I must say that I don't care for fashion. I really wish I did though! There is a girl at my school in particular that always has the perfect outfit and she never wears anything twice. She literally takes the tags off right before she gets dressed so she knows they haven't been worn yet. I don't know how she does it!

Yeah, there's something about feeling good in an outfit, feeling cool... *sigh* It's a great feeling. I'm always wearing things that no one would ever wear over here... The people are kinda boring and fixed on Hollister and all those other teenage hot spots... I mean I've never worn anything from Hollister, and people are always like ":shocked: "

I just dress the way I like. I couldn't wear things that just weren't... me. If I tried to dress like, say, Fergie, I wouldn't feel comfortable.

There are people who's clothes I look at in a "I NEED THAT TOP!" kind of way.

I hate the mall, that's the place I hate... at least my mall lol

I have to go all the way downtown to shop...because the stuff is so much more unique...not necessarily expensive either...

I love H&M and Urban Outfitters:mf_lustslow:

Since when is H&M and UO unique?:naughty:

Since when is H&M and UO unique?:naughty:

They've got some great stuff! It depends how you pair things... mix and match etc... They're awesome :)

If I could afford Chloe or Chanel, I would lol but right now that's not an opion... I did love those boutiques in NYC when I went over there...down in Soho *sigh* LOVED!

Well apart from the big guy, that should really go without saying, definitely Eva Longoria.

She always seems to go for vibrant colours, the best dress I've seen her in was the coral coloured Egyptian style dress she wore to an awards show 2 years ago. Last year, I think at the Emmys, she wore a beautiful turquoise dress.

I think it's because we are a similar height that draws me to her style, as well as the colurs she goes for. Always watch award shows just to see what she'll wear next.

I love fashion but I'm poor... and I don't think I've got a style icon...

I think my style is pop preppy :D. I love dresses, but mostly I wear jeans, top and a cardigan... buhuu. if I got the money money money........

Yeah, there's something about feeling good in an outfit, feeling cool... *sigh* It's a great feeling. I'm always wearing things that no one would ever wear over here... The people are kinda boring and fixed on Hollister and all those other teenage hot spots... I mean I've never worn anything from Hollister, and people are always like ":shocked: "

I agree with Diana, I look like a bum most of the time.

Hollister was the cool thing a couple years ago at my school. Luckily, people got rid of that look really quick! I was sick of seeing Hollister plastered all over everyone's clothes. Most of the girls dress the way that you described which is nice because when don't feel like looking like a bum, there are actually cute clothes that are "in". Not so much that I care what's in (I wouldn't look like a bum then), it's just a little easier to find those types of clothes, around here, at least. Like I said, awhile ago all you could do was find Hollister this or Abercrombie that, now I like the clothes the stores are selling a lot better. Also, I am glad that girls are covering themselves up so more! I don't have to see butt crack or boobs hanging out. It's quite nice. Plus, I think the girls look a lot better dressing like they do now.

They've got some great stuff! It depends how you pair things... mix and match etc... They're awesome :)

If I could afford Chloe or Chanel, I would lol but right now that's not an opion... I did love those boutiques in NYC when I went over there...down in Soho *sigh* LOVED!

I like HM too.... and topshop :D. They have great amount of clothes, and their trend collections are often good. but small boutiques are usually the best but 3 times as expensive.. however, small boutiques are the best, but they are like 3 times as expensive as HM :(...