OUT magazine

imetmikainnewyork

This has probably been posted,

so im just going to say how clever mika is at answering his interview questions!

Do you think there’s a way to describe your sexuality without using labels?

Of course there’s ways of discussing sexuality without using labels. I think that if you want to discuss sexuality or just kind of sexual things to begin with, I think there definitely is. I think that’s far more interesting than talking about whether someone is agreeing to or refusing to use labels. I think that’s what your article -- and definitely your [cover] headline [Mika: Gay/Post-Gay/Not Gay?] was getting at.

Is that a conversation you want to have more of? Is it that you won’t talk about anything in your life regarding sex, or that you don’t want to talk about it in the terms that people have been asking you to?

I’ll talk about my opinions, and I’ll talk about my music, and I’ll write about my opinions or about my personal life stories in my music. I will not talk about labels, and I will not talk about over-categorizing things, because labels are the one thing that I’ve never agreed with -- simply because I just don’t fit into them in my own personal life. And yes, if someone’s willing to have an interesting conversation and take the time and patience to go into stuff like that, then yeah, I think it’s fascinating. But I write songs -- that’s what I do first. I don’t politicize myself or my life, and I am who I am. If you know my lyrics and if you know my songs, you probably know a lot more about me than if you just read an article about me.

where i've put it in bold, it seems as though he's answered it really clever, and almost like showed them up, does he mean that the magazine were tyring to get at weather he's gay? and cleverly answered it : )

or am i just completely wrong?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That boy has mastered the art of saying a lot without actually saying anything at all. I can just see it now:

Interviewer: How do you feel about global warming?

Mika: See, I was in Norway last month, and it was really cold out. So I went skiing, to take advantage of the cold, and it was quite nice. But then I was in the Carribbean last weekend, and it was about five degrees warmer than it should be this time of year. So I got up that second morning, and I...

:naughty:

I don't think the interviewer was trying to ask if Mika was gay. I mean they already covered that question last time. They were asking about Mika's views on sexuality and self-identification. And Mika was paying them a compliment... :thumb_yello:

--Jack

That boy has mastered the art of saying a lot without actually saying anything at all. I can just see it now:

Interviewer: How do you feel about global warming?

Mika: See, I was in Norway last month, and it was really cold out. So I went skiing, to take advantage of the cold, and it was quite nice. But then I was in the Carribbean last weekend, and it was about five degrees warmer than it should be this time of year. So I got up that second morning, and I...

:naughty:

I NOE! I can't get over how amazingly clever and democtratic his answers are! and he makes them so..believable..