Does anyone use INVISALIGN?

BonjourMika1990

Hi everyone!

WEll, I have a slight problem with my teeth:thumbdown: My smile is straight, but I've got a crossbite so I'm told...If I don't fix it, it could eventually lead to some problems... I didn't want metal braces because there's nothing wrong with my smile...I love it, and I don't want to hide it...So I'm considering invisalign... Does anyone use this????

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use invisalign as my retainer. I don't really know how well it works to straighten though because I had braces before.

Me too...actually I used to. I don't wear them anymore, I've had my braces off for 5 years so my teeth don't move anymore.

Does Invisalign work on cross bites? When I had mine corrected I had to use this device that went on the roof my mouth and they had to turn it with a key every night. Then I got braces to fix the gap the device created and to straighten the rest of my teeth.

:shocked: i was thinking of making an ortho thread:roftl:

to answer your question, no i don't. But i will be getting Damon braces on the 13th.

they'll be on for 1.5 years. I'm so ridiculously excited, (even though i know it's not as fun as i think:lmfao:). Braces are cool, and a nicer smile is great too:naughty:

Invisalign, i heard they get pretty smelly --even if you take great care of them

and you get them changed pretty often

but that's just hearsay-- good luck!:original:

It's like what tom cruise has I believe lol...just like when the top and bottom don't meet...weird :blink:

Oh...that is weird ahaha. Whatever you do, do NOT let them make you wear headgear - trust me....*shudders*

Oh god, I have to go to the ortho tomorrow and I haven't been in like 3 years :naughty:

They hate me.

Invisalign, i heard they get pretty smelly --even if you take great care of them

Yeah, they do. I had to clean them every day.

I think metal braces are fine when you're younger, but once you get older, I'd say just go with the Invisalign. I had metal braces, but I was only 11 when I got them.

I know, but Melanie's almost 18 and will be going to college next year. :naughty:

ohh. Ok

I'm getting metal braces soon (I guess) and I'm sixteen :lmao:

I had them when I was 8 too, but only on the top. My bottom teeth are screwed up though :thumbdown:

i have an overbite (everyone does:naughty: ) but mine is bigger than most.

i also have a slight gap between my 2 front teeth. like...1cm.

so i'll have to wear the bands, (they align your jaw):tears:

what kind of braces are you getting?:biggrin2:

i have an overbite (everyone does:naughty: ) but mine is bigger than most.

Me too. I can fit the width of my index finger in it:blush-anim-cl: I had to wear head gear at night and it was sooooo annoying! I would cry while putting in on because it would take like 15 minutes and I got frustrated, which is why I never wore it. Luckily I got an infection in the appliance in the top of my mouth so I got it taken off and now I don't have to wear head gear anymore, but that was a while ago. I like my overbite though:biggrin2:

Me too. I can fit the width of my index finger in it:blush-anim-cl: I had to wear head gear at night and it was sooooo annoying! I would cry while putting in on because it would take like 15 minutes and I got frustrated, which is why I never wore it. Luckily I got an infection in the appliance in the top of my mouth so I got it taken off and now I don't have to wear head gear anymore, but that was a while ago. I like my overbite though:biggrin2:

owwww:shocked:

that sounds painful:no:

i can fit the top of my pinky finger in mine (i just tried:naughty: )

I guess I saw what my sisters went through with braces...I'm sure many people could deal with it...but not me... It seems more painful and irritating... emotionally as well... and it makes me mad because no one can tell that I even have a cross bite...I just need it corrected you know

Invisalign's website says it works on crossbites... my dentist also said it would...but still, I need a consultation with an ortho

:shocked: i was thinking of making an ortho thread:roftl:

to answer your question, no i don't. But i will be getting Damon braces on the 13th.

they'll be on for 1.5 years. I'm so ridiculously excited, (even though i know it's not as fun as i think:lmfao:). Braces are cool, and a nicer smile is great too:naughty:

I was so excited when I first got braces! But I'm soo glad they're off now :) I think spacers were the worst pain I've ever been in.

And yeah, invisalign do smell bad. I brush them every night and they still stink :thumbdown:

I have a crossbite too, but mines really bad! My hole front tooth goes right over and down infront of my bettem teeth(which are perfect) and then my ither front tooth goes all the way back behind it :thumbdown: I hate it it's so embarassing, becuase when I talk to people I know it's the first thing they notice. I was suposed to get braces like a week ago, but we don't have the money right now. I also need headgear with my braces, which sucks big time gotta wear it 8 hours a day.

Is invisalign like the clear thing that goes right over top of the teeth?

I think you should get it, it would look good not to have the metal, haha.