The Bob Dylan Thread

Nielo

(I searched for one, but couldn't find it, so please delete this one if there's already another one, and let me know where I can find it. :bleh:)

I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan and I was wondering if I'm the only one on here. ^^

I haven't seen him live yet though. Apparently he was in Holland last April, but somehow (still don't know why, I check his site regularly) I didn't know, so I missed him. I'm hoping he'll come back soon...

Anyway, this thread will probably die a slow and painful death (mainly because I will keep torturing it :naughty:), but I thought I'd give it a shot. :biggrin2:

So, any Dylan fans out there? (I'll settle for Jakob Dylan. The Wallflowers are amazing too. :punk:)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I was actually just about to change the Wallflowers to something else.

But yes, I'm a HUGE Bob Dylan fan. I can't pick a favorite but I looove Blood On The Tracks and The Freewheelin BD. I love every single song on Blood on The Tracks. Blonde On Blonde is really good too to listen to if I'm feeling stressed out haha. And the song "Lay Lady Lay"... omg I always just play it on repeat and listen to it on my bed. Gahh he's brilliant, I don't think I could pick just one album of his. I could live inside his music forever and be completely content I think. :wub2: (Lame, I know.)

No, I totally agree with you. He constantly changes his musical style, so there's something to listen to for about every possible mood. :biggrin2:

I'm still trying to collect all of his albums. I don't have Blood on the Tracks yet, but I've been spending too much money on cd's lately anyway. I really love Bringing It All Back Home and I think Sara is one of the most beautiful (and personal) lovesongs ever written. :wub2:

Do you know the Traveling Wilburys btw? They were absolutely amazing. (If you don't know them; they were a supergroup in '88/'89, formed by George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Bob Dylan. :wub2:)

He's so eclectic. Seriously, I don't think I can come up with any other artist (with the exception of The Beatles :wub2: ) whose been so adaptable/versatile, and yet all of his songs are still undeniably Bob Dylan.

I don't have all of his albums either, he has soo many and I never have a lot of money haha. But yes, I love Bringing It All Back Home too. It's amazing and so heartfelt. "Sara" is beautiful too.

No, I have never heard of the Traveling Wilburys before! It sounds amazing though, I will check them out. Tom Petty and Bob Dylan, that's intense.

Have you heard of a new-ish movie called "I'm Not There"? I haven't seen it yet, but it looks amazing. It's about Bob Dylan's life but it's portrayed in a really different way with six different actors portraying him and his life/music. It's supposed to be really good and has had a bunch of awards and stuff and Cate Blanchett, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale are in it. It looks very interesting!

I know! Ah, yes, The Beatles. :wub2: (Notice George Harrison is one of the Traveling Wilburys too. ^^)

Yeah, I've heard of it. It was supposed to come out (in Holland) in January, but it got delayed and now I have to wait till March. :thumbdown: A friend of mine actually already saw it on a filmfestival. He invited me to go along the day before, but forgot to mention it'd be the next day. <_< He loved it, even though he barely knows Bob Dylan. He said The Beatles are in it too.

Cate Blanchett looks so much like Dylan, it's scary. :shocked:

Ahh I'm dying to see the movie! I don't know when it comes out in the US though on dvd.

I agree, I think she really does look like him. Must be her lean figure and the curly hair. I'm really interesting if she can pull off his voice (obviously not his singing voice but he has a really distinct speaking voice too).

I was wondering about that too. But the movie is (from what I heard) mostly fictional. None of the actors playing Bob Dylan actually play Bob Dylan. If that makes sense. :bleh: I mean that none of their characters is actually named Dylan.

I'll just have to wait 10 more days for it to finally hit cinema's in Holland...

Cate Blanchett:

cateblan1SCOPE_468x680.jpg

omg, i just thought it was him,lol! i was like "wow he looks great on this pic" but then it was written cate B and i didnt get it...the man is genius of course, and jakob is really good too and physically it's funny how he is the modern version of his father...same for joan baez very moving and intense...do you prefer the songs they wrote when they were together sung by dylan or her btw?

• 3 weeks later...

Cate Blanchett:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/cateblan1SCOPE_468x680.jpg[/img

omg, i just thought it was him,lol! i was like "wow he looks great on this pic" but then it was written cate B and i didnt get it...the man is genius of course, and jakob is really good too and physically it's funny how he is the modern version of his father...same for joan baez very moving and intense...do you prefer the songs they wrote when they were together sung by dylan or her btw?

I know, Cate Blanchett looks so much like him! I saw the movie last week btw. :biggrin2:

Hm, good question. I think I prefer Dylan's voice. Joan Baez has an amazing singing voice, but personally I've always loved Dylan's voice better. ^^

Oh and yeah, Jakob looks just like him. :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought I'd dig this thread up out of the depths of MFC, mainly to mention that I've finally seen him live last April (f*cking awesome :wub2:) and to say that MOJO magazine features a really nice interview with him this month (August 2009).

And because I'm wondering if there happen to be more Dylan fans on here now. :naughty:

I thought I'd dig this thread up out of the depths of MFC, mainly to mention that I've finally seen him live last April (f*cking awesome :wub2:) and to say that MOJO magazine features a really nice interview with him this month (August 2009).

And because I'm wondering if there happen to be more Dylan fans on here now. :naughty:

Hi! I didn't know there is a thread about Dylan.

BEFORE MIKA, I had listened to The wallflowers. I like Jakob's voice. Especially, I like 'one headlight' and 'god says nothing back'. I saw the movie of Bob Dylan a little bit on TV. Kate was SO Bob. She was very cool on it:thumb_yello: I will see the DVD soon.

As I listened to Mika's 'we are golden' on the radio for the first time, I can't think about anything without Mika today:biggrin2: I will come here again:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I didn't know there is a thread about Dylan.

BEFORE MIKA, I had listened to The wallflowers. I like Jakob's voice. Especially, I like 'one headlight' and 'god says nothing back'. I saw the movie of Bob Dylan a little bit on TV. Kate was SO Bob. She was very cool on it:thumb_yello: I will see the DVD soon.

As I listened to Mika's 'we are golden' on the radio for the first time, I can't think about anything without Mika today:biggrin2: I will come here again:wink2:

One Headlight might just be my all time favourite song. I absolutely love it. :wub2: I think The Wallflowers are just absolutely brilliant and probably deserve their own thread. I'm just afraid it'd have even less posts than this one. :aah:

She does look like Bob. It's creepy. :biggrin2: