Getting home from Brixton, can you help me?

jemmalee

Hi Guys I have a little problem.

I am going to the gig tomorrow but I need your suggestions on what to do to get home. My last train leaves Liverpool street to Chelmsford at 12.48am which is on the opposite side of London to Brixton. Mika takes ages to come out of the gig and I would really like the opportunity to see him as I believe it will be one of last times we will be able to do this due to his growing popularity.

Last night we left Brixton just after 12am, Mika hadn't come out and I only got the train by the skin of my teeth. I also relied on another member taking me back to Liverpool Street and I don't think it is fair on them to miss the opportunity either, just because I need to get my train.

The first train home isn't till 5am, I have looked into the cost of hotels which is over £100 (but I need to be in work at 9am) and a taxi company has just quoted me £250:shocked:

What can I do? Do you have any ideas?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The victoria line on the tubes is closed as of 10pm so its a 500yrd walk to the northern line.

You can use tube cards on buses but they are slow. What about a train from brixton station to your station?

The problem is the time Mika comes out. My train will be long gone.

If the early hours arent a problem, then what about this:

02:06 - Brixton Station Stop T - Take the N2 bus towards St James (Horse Guards bit)

02:21 - Get off at Victoria Station Stop H

02:27 - Victoria Station Stop 11 - Take the National Express Airport coach A4 towards Stanstead

03:45 - Get off at Stanstead Airport Coach Station

04:00 - Take the First (Essex area) coach X30 towards Southend-On-Sea

04:35 - Get off at Chelmsford Town Centre