Elanorelle's Random Happy Thread :)

elanorelle

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on graduation!

College is a complete and utter blast....between all of the studying and drama :wink2:

I go back to college as often as I can :punk:

Thanks a lot!!!:biggrin2:

Well, I hope there's less drama in college than in high school. Because the drama in high school's ridiculous...:naughty:. I can deal with the studying.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's such a huge change. It's really weird. But I think I'm ready.

I graduated from high school! Therefore, I am very, very, very happy.:mf_rosetinted:

Life rocks at the moment.

Congratulations!!! That really is an incredible milestone! So is getting your driver's license and going to college/university. I wish you the best of luck, always!!:thumb_yello:

Now for me: Usually all I have to report is bad news... story of my life, but finally something really great has happened! Thanks to modern technology, more specifically the internet and Facebook, I have re-connected with many old friends - people I graduated high school with - a lifetime ago!!! One person, the guy who was my date for our grad, is included.... We started out just sending the odd message, then more detailed letters; then we began phoning... well, now we're on the phone every night for a couple of hours. Unfortunately we live at opposite ends of the continent, but it still feels like a very special relationship. I left my abusive ex-husband 12 1/2 years ago and have not been in any kind of committed relationship since. So this is all pretty mind-blowing stuff. I really don't know what the future holds... and that's okay..... but just being able to feel again, make this kind of connection and, most importantly TRUST AGAIN...... it's amazing, it really is...:wub2:

Just wanted to share... after all, this IS the happiness thread.:wink2:

Congratulations!!! That really is an incredible milestone! So is getting your driver's license and going to college/university. I wish you the best of luck, always!!:thumb_yello:

Now for me: Usually all I have to report is bad news... story of my life, but finally something really great has happened! Thanks to modern technology, more specifically the internet and Facebook, I have re-connected with many old friends - people I graduated high school with - a lifetime ago!!! One person, the guy who was my date for our grad, is included.... We started out just sending the odd message, then more detailed letters; then we began phoning... well, now we're on the phone every night for a couple of hours. Unfortunately we live at opposite ends of the continent, but it still feels like a very special relationship. I left my abusive ex-husband 12 1/2 years ago and have not been in any kind of committed relationship since. So this is all pretty mind-blowing stuff. I really don't know what the future holds... and that's okay..... but just being able to feel again, make this kind of connection and, most importantly TRUST AGAIN...... it's amazing, it really is...:wub2:

Just wanted to share... after all, this IS the happiness thread.:wink2:

OH YAAAY!!!!

That truly is something great. I'm glad that you now have the people back in your life that bring you happiness, and with them, you can step forward and move on. The very best of luck with that!! Keep them close.:thumb_yello:

OH YAAAY!!!!

That truly is something great. I'm glad that you now have the people back in your life that bring you happiness, and with them, you can step forward and move on. The very best of luck with that!! Keep them close.:thumb_yello:

Yeah, it's amazing, eh??? Thanks sooo much!!! Well, you are about to see that you're heading into an INCREDIBLE time!!! There's soooo much you're gonna learn, so many people to meet, experiences to be had. It's such an exciting time..... Just remember - be true to yourself, listen to your heart and always, ALWAYS go with your gut! Always use your instinct. There are many great people out there, but you have to look out for the people who do NOT have your best interests at heart. Surround yourself with people who truly care. You sound like a very level-headed person - take advantage of that. Let your spirit and your beliefs guide you. I don't mean to sound like a crazy old lady but I have had such unbelievable experiences in my life... much heartache and grief. I have dedicated my life to helping others and hopefully letting them benefit from my experiences..... But, very importantly, HAVE FUN!!!! And laugh a lot! It truly is the best medicine out there.

:huglove:

Joan

Yeah, it's amazing, eh??? Thanks sooo much!!! Well, you are about to see that you're heading into an INCREDIBLE time!!! There's soooo much you're gonna learn, so many people to meet, experiences to be had. It's such an exciting time..... Just remember - be true to yourself, listen to your heart and always, ALWAYS go with your gut! Always use your instinct. There are many great people out there, but you have to look out for the people who do NOT have your best interests at heart. Surround yourself with people who truly care. You sound like a very level-headed person - take advantage of that. Let your spirit and your beliefs guide you. I don't mean to sound like a crazy old lady but I have had such unbelievable experiences in my life... much heartache and grief. I have dedicated my life to helping others and hopefully letting them benefit from my experiences..... But, very importantly, HAVE FUN!!!! And laugh a lot! It truly is the best medicine out there.

Joan

:tears:

Really, thank you so much for those words. Everyday, I do my very best to be nothing but myself and listen to my heart. But, as we all know, it's tougher said than done. So, far, I think I'm doing an ok job, though:wink2:. I am taking your advice to heart and I want to thank you sincerely for it.

...And trust me, I will have fun:naughty:.

Thanks again Joan:wub2:...and by the way, my name is Brittany.:biggrin2:

:tears:

Really, thank you so much for those words. Everyday, I do my very best to be nothing but myself and listen to my heart. But, as we all know, it's tougher said than done. So, far, I think I'm doing an ok job, though:wink2:. I am taking your advice to heart and I want to thank you sincerely for it.

...And trust me, I will have fun:naughty:.

Thanks again Joan:wub2:...and by the way, my name is Brittany.:biggrin2:

Hey, Brittany, so nice to meet you!!!!:original:

Yeah, I don't want to come off as the "know-it-all" but,boy oh boy, I have enough material to fill at least 6 books! Everyone I know tells me I should be writing it all down - I am a writer - but my focus has been on survival - once I get the basics under control I will write some memoirs, I think......

I am POSITIVE you are going to have FUN!!! Are you going away to college? Going to live in a dorm or off campus? What will you be studying? Any career choices? I know, I know, I ask a lot of questions. You can tell me to shut up and go away anytime, you know... hehe:naughty:

Hey, Brittany, so nice to meet you!!!!:original:

Yeah, I don't want to come off as the "know-it-all" but,boy oh boy, I have enough material to fill at least 6 books! Everyone I know tells me I should be writing it all down - I am a writer - but my focus has been on survival - once I get the basics under control I will write some memoirs, I think......

I am POSITIVE you are going to have FUN!!! Are you going away to college? Going to live in a dorm or off campus? What will you be studying? Any career choices? I know, I know, I ask a lot of questions. You can tell me to shut up and go away anytime, you know... hehe:naughty:

You don't come across as a know it all. Don't worry. You just know what you're talking about and giving me advice from what you've experienced. :biggrin2:

That's awesome that you're going to write memoirs. I often find those to be interesting.

Well, I am planning on going to this community college about an hour away from my house. Why so far? Because they have the only program in the U.S. that teaches people how to train exotic animals, which is what I'm interested in. I actually want to eventually end up working at Sea World as a killer whale trainer. And I heard that the college I want to go to is the best place to get a start. The only problem is that I'm not sure if I have enough money for living expenses and things of that sort...So, I'm trying to figure that out.

You don't come across as a know it all. Don't worry. You just know what you're talking about and giving me advice from what you've experienced. :biggrin2:

That's awesome that you're going to write memoirs. I often find those to be interesting.

Well, I am planning on going to this community college about an hour away from my house. Why so far? Because they have the only program in the U.S. that teaches people how to train exotic animals, which is what I'm interested in. I actually want to eventually end up working at Sea World as a killer whale trainer. And I heard that the college I want to go to is the best place to get a start. The only problem is that I'm not sure if I have enough money for living expenses and things of that sort...So, I'm trying to figure that out.

OH WOW!!!! Does that ever sound fantastic!!!! :thumb_yello::punk:What a wonderful career that would be!!! I can totally relate 'cause I'm a major animal lover/advocate and do lots for the SPCA and the WWF (World Wildlife Federation - I'm sure you already know this!)

Anyways - in terms of money - first off, can your parents help you? Can you get a student loan? You mentioned you were looking for a summer job. There's also working part-time while you're going to school. Or maybe some family or friend could give you a loan. But don't give up!!! It's totally do-able! I got my degree in social work when I went back to school in my 30's. If I can do it, anyone can!!! And I put myself through, no one helped! All the while I was in an abusive marriage and injured in a car accident. Like I said, if I can do it under those circumstances anyone can!!!!:thumb_yello:

OH WOW!!!! Does that ever sound fantastic!!!! :thumb_yello::punk:What a wonderful career that would be!!! I can totally relate 'cause I'm a major animal lover/advocate and do lots for the SPCA and the WWF (World Wildlife Federation - I'm sure you already know this!)

Anyways - in terms of money - first off, can your parents help you? Can you get a student loan? You mentioned you were looking for a summer job. There's also working part-time while you're going to school. Or maybe some family or friend could give you a loan. But don't give up!!! It's totally do-able! I got my degree in social work when I went back to school in my 30's. If I can do it, anyone can!!! And I put myself through, no one helped! All the while I was in an abusive marriage and injured in a car accident. Like I said, if I can do it under those circumstances anyone can!!!!:thumb_yello:

Yeah, my parents are planning on helping but it's still not going to cover it. I'm thinking about living in a rented room in someone's house. And getting an on-campus job and all those sorts of things. Haha. Should be interesting. But, yeah. It's all gonna work out:wink2:.

Yes, I've heard a lot about the WWF and things of that sort. Great organizations.

Hey, my dad's yelling at me to get off of the computer:naughty:. So, it was very nice to meet you and talk to you Joan. I enjoyed it very much. I'll see you around and talk to you later. GOODNIGHT AND THANKS!!:huglove:

Yeah, my parents are planning on helping but it's still not going to cover it. I'm thinking about living in a rented room in someone's house. And getting an on-campus job and all those sorts of things. Haha. Should be interesting. But, yeah. It's all gonna work out:wink2:.

Yes, I've heard a lot about the WWF and things of that sort. Great organizations.

Hey, my dad's yelling at me to get off of the computer:naughty:. So, it was very nice to meet you and talk to you Joan. I enjoyed it very much. I'll see you around and talk to you later. GOODNIGHT AND THANKS!!:huglove:

You are most welcome!!! We will most def chat again!!!

yay! Joan! I love this! :) fun fun fun! so good to see you back on here with your joyful fun self (I love ya!)! i have had other fantastic experiences I like to share!

Riverstwilight received my box of fun on Tuesday and was so happy (Love ya too hon!) and so glad that she is enjoying it so much!

I enjoyed even working 11 hours and helped with the health of my patients!

I take pride in helping people live their lives the best they can! I found the chords to a piece I had lost about 6 months and so blessed to be starting it again..and I had the third rehearsal of the Summer Choir and we sang American Folk Music that night amongst having a good time and a good laugh!

I had a very cathartic experience last night getting lots of my stresses and worries out in a good cry..but soon it released some pain ,,,and now left with a clearer mind. I don't feel like being confrontational these days...just enjoying my friends and loved ones and my cat, Arwen, ( who meows so much! lately!)

good to meet you Daydream Believer by the way..welcome to my thread.

:wub2::wub2:

I need to get a job this summer. And learn how to drive. Then in the fall it's off to college for me!! :biggrin2:

Cool. Wait...I need a job this summer to. And I need to learn how to drive. But I can't go to college in the fall---I'm only 17 and haven't graduated high school yet. But hey, congrats on graduating:wink2:

Cool. Wait...I need a job this summer to. And I need to learn how to drive. But I can't go to college in the fall---I'm only 17 and haven't graduated high school yet. But hey, congrats on graduating:wink2:

Thanks!!:biggrin2:

Looks like we'll be having similar summers. Haha.

I'm only 17 too. But I'll be 18 in November. YAY!

Happy upcoming BIRTHDAY!

I saw snow for the first time when I was 4 years old. I still remember how amazing it was that the grass was covered in white, icy stuff. How exciting it will be for you to see it and know what it is! :punk:

Im so exited having seen every american movie with a white christmas...and everyone skiing and sleding and building snowmen!

I cant wait! OMG everyone goes OMG youve never seen snow..and im like you have?

Im going to be like a little kid descovering it for the first time!

I am very happy today because I am understanding my life and what I need to do to change it! oh man talk about excitement! wooot!

I wrote a blog on myspace kind of venting ( its all true tho)

and it was most therapeutic! things are changing rapidly but for the good!

woot!

Elanorelle

I am very happy today because I am understanding my life and what I need to do to change it! oh man talk about excitement! wooot!

I wrote a blog on myspace kind of venting ( its all true tho)

and it was most therapeutic! things are changing rapidly but for the good!

woot!

Elanorelle

HEY GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLL!!!! :wub2::wink2:

Glad you're so UPPPPP!!!

I'm kinda fluctuating - more like a rollercoaster these days... so what else is new??? But very glad to hear that things are working out for you.......

I STILLLLL have your beautiful flowers and balloon!!!!:thumb_yello: That in itself makes me SOOOO HAPPY!!! I think I'm going to permanently move into this thread!!!:naughty::wink2:

Care to share????:wink2:

Awww...that's so nice. Why are you so happy? :biggrin2:

I don't really know why actually:blink:

I think its just that I'm looking at everything in a different light today, and just thinking of how cool it is to be a Mikafan.

Its just like having your own private crazy world really:naughty:

And well, "Why not?!":bleh: