New Yorker Thread

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DEFINITETLY! before i left for school you could often find me laying in the grass and singing strawberry fields forever in strawberry fields! :biggrin2:

:wub2: Central Park is amazing. I love going to the Imagine Circle on John's birthday and..d-day. It's so great. All the fans gather around the circle, singing and lighting candles..:wub2:

I bumped into Yoko one time I was there.

:wub2: Central Park is amazing. I love going to the Imagine Circle on John's birthday and..d-day. It's so great. All the fans gather around the circle, singing and lighting candles..:wub2:

I bumped into Yoko one time I was there.

Please tell me you are joking.

oh. my. god.

YOKO?!

Please tell me you are joking.

oh. my. god.

YOKO?!

Yes! It was amazing!

My family and I spent the day in Central Park, and on our way out we stopped in front of the Dakota and my sister was being all dramatic and re-enacting(sp?) what happened the night John was shot, and right when she finished a car pulled up behind us, Yoko stepped out, bumped into me, and walked through the gates. I didn't realize who it was at first. haha Until my sister started freaking out. And we were all like, "Yoko, we love you!" and she turned around and blew us all a kiss and gave us the peace sign. She is tiny!! So short! haha

Yes! It was amazing!

My family and I spent the day in Central Park, and on our way out we stopped in front of the Dakota and my sister was being all dramatic and re-enacting(sp?) what happened the night John was shot, and right when she finished a car pulled up behind us, Yoko stepped out, bumped into me, and walked through the gates. I didn't realize who it was at first. haha Until my sister started freaking out. And we were all like, "Yoko, we love you!" and she turned around and blew us all a kiss and gave us the peace sign. She is tiny!! So short! haha

:shocked:

see, this is why one HAS to love New York.

because stuff like this can happens all the time.

(proud New Yorker.)

Yes! It was amazing!

what a delightful experience!! :D

The beatles all married at some point in their lives...normal people or groupies:punk:

Yoko was obsessed with John a little bit.. I read it in Cynthia Lennon's book. He always talked about this artist that always hung around him:roftl:

Well, we all know how it turned out...

YEah, but in NYC I wanted to visit the IMAGINE monument or whatever it is... but you know that park is a jungle lol.. I couldn't find it :thumbdown:

This is a bit morbid, but on the topic of John Lennon.

A few years ago I went to Ohio and went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which I wish I could live in, as strange as that sounds, it's the coolest place ever. I recommned everyone visits it if you're in Ohio!

anways..

when I went the main theme for that month, was John Lennon,and they had his bed there ( what? haha ) personal belongings,and as sad and morbid as this is, the glasses he was wearing when he got shot, which still had bits of blood on them.