Concert Review: Mika @ The Warfield 2/12/08

greta

http://www.popculturebuzz.com/concert-review-mika-the-warfield-21208/

2262777469_d345410528.jpg

GRADE: A

Thank goodness for Mika’s fresh brand of bouncy Euro-pop! His debut album “Life In Cartoon Motion” is a sugar-sweet pop masterpiece. The album is full of catchy, memorable singles that are instantly ingrained into your pop culture conscience. This new innovative sound translates very well onto the stage. Mika’s performance at The Warfield last Tuesday was a masterful production with many surprises.

The first thing I noticed was how multi-talented Mika is as a performer. The Broadway-style set designs and costumes only highlight the talent expressed though his crisp singing and stage presence. Right away I noticed that Mika performs eerily like Freddie Mercury. His vocal style and fun energy were completely infectious and made me as giddy as a school girl.

2261741473_9a8c81f64e.jpg

Which brings me to another point: Mika has a lot of teen fans. Most of them stayed in the balcony area, but it was obvious that his fan base is made up mostly of young girls. Throughout the concert hall the hormone-filled screams of little girls echoed. It was hard not to get caught up in the excitement of it all.

Mika’s colorful and imaginative performance was very similar to a Flaming Lips concert I went to two years ago. The confetti, costumes, streamers, balloons and set designs created an experience beyond just a regular rock concert. Songs like “Love Today” and “Relax (Take It Easy)” were enhanced by the vibrant theatrics presented on stage.

It was as if Mika and company were able to fit an amusement park on stage and the crowd went along for the scream-filled ride with the enthusiasm of a 12 year old! I would recommend that you go out of your way to see Mika live if possible!

6a00e398a04fd1000300e398dc4aaf0002.jpg

WATCH MIKA PERFORM “BIG GIRL, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL” BY CLICKING BELOW:

WATCH MIKA PERFORM “BILLY BROWN” BY CLICKING BELOW:

WATCH MIKA PERFORM “LOVE TODAY” BY CLICKING BELOW:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting greta, I never get tired of reading good reviews.

Mostly 12 year old girls? :naughty: Some of us here can barely remember being 12 :blink:

The youngest active member is 11/12 I think..and there not much of that age on here:blink: