Mika Song Meanings: Your Interpretation

I hope there aren't any similar threads and if so Mods are welcome to close this one:thumb_yello:

I have noticed previously that members (especially newbies) tend to ask about the meaning of some of Mika's songs or the significance of certain aspects of them. Although some of his lyrics might seem simple and easy to understand there are always interesting underlying messages and hidden meanings. It would be interesting if we could discuss what we think his songs mean and talk about things we find special or particularly interesting. Usually also we would feel more strongly about certain songs because we feel that they relate to us or to our lives more than others.

So let's talk about that, I guess.

:cool:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've always wondered what stuck in the middle is about?? is it about him being the middle child or am i totally off?!!:mfr_lol:

I am probably totally wrong, but I always interpreted it as when you love someone because you have to...the phrase "you cant choose your family" comes to mind. This is because of the phrase

"the persepective of a boy...who's learnt to love you but has also learnt to grow"

Also, from then on he seems to critisize this, I think, family member.

It's also about the underlying album theme of acceptance, well I think its an underlying theme anyway....e.g Grace Kelly, My Interpretation, This, Over My SHoulder, Happy Ending, Your Sympathy etc etc

I think of accpetance when it says

"is there anybody home? who will believe me, wont decieve me, wont try to change me?"

anway, thats my interpretation! Anybody elses?

i've always wondered what stuck in the middle is about?? is it about him being the middle child or am i totally off?!!:mfr_lol:

yes i think so as well :thumb_yello: i think there's probably more to it but that's what it's maninly about i suppose

I am probably totally wrong, but I always interpreted it as when you love someone because you have to...the phrase "you cant choose your family" comes to mind. This is because of the phrase

"the persepective of a boy...who's learnt to love you but has also learnt to grow"

Also, from then on he seems to critisize this, I think, family member.

It's also about the underlying album theme of acceptance, well I think its an underlying theme anyway....e.g Grace Kelly, My Interpretation, This, Over My SHoulder, Happy Ending, Your Sympathy etc etc

I think of accpetance when it says

"is there anybody home? who will believe me, wont decieve me, wont try to change me?"

anway, thats my interpretation! Anybody elses?

yeah i agree! i think "acceptance" is what mika's really all about.. and being who you are and such.. but i get the impression from stuck in the middle that he really loves his family so much that although he realises their flaws he loves them for being that way.. and not any other way. make sense?

yes i think so as well :thumb_yello: i think there's probably more to it but that's what it's maninly about i suppose

yeah i agree! i think "acceptance" is what mika's really all about.. and being who you are and such.. but i get the impression from stuck in the middle that he really loves his family so much that although he realises their flaws he loves them for being that way.. and not any other way. make sense?

yeh it does make sense - really well actually!!

This is too weird- I was just thiking about what the meaning of stuck in the middle meant to me!

This is what I am thinking…(it’s longgggg)

I sit and think about the day that you’re gonna die,

‘Cause your wrinkled eyes betrayed the joy with which you smiled.

Care to see my reason?

Care to put your life in mine?

Looking at life from the perspective of a boy

Who’s learnt to love you but has also learned to grow.

Could we make it better, stormy weather?

So I dunno.

(Has something happened(am translating the words in to what I think M might think...lol)?..has he fallen out with someone?Can't you think about someone else for a change????

I love you...but have other needs too! No one is perfect, admit it!! I could try to change the situation..but would that make our relationship really difficult?

'Who’ll believe me, won’t deceive me, who’ll try to teach me?'

Makes me think that it is a song about honesty. Looking for sombody/freinds who will be 100% clear and truthful- not take advantage of any situation.

Ah, ah, ah - Is there anybody home?

Who wants to have me, just to love m?

Stuck in the middle.

Anyone who just wants to be friends?...It's hard to find people like that sometimes.....(something to do with the celeb world prehaps-media-advantage takers-)

'This is to my name,

This ain’t a pretty plan to break your heart of me.

I know that what I’ve started means that when we have parted

I can live in honesty.'

It also seems to me, about him facing that he is able to take the truth of life/the past and future.

I look at you,

You look at me,

We bite each other.

And with your better words you kick me in the gutter.

About competition?...love/hate relationship? Social class statement?

Cause you’ll never stand my fight.

Ours is a family that’s based upon tradition

But with my careless words I tread upon your vision.

Are five kids better than one, who’d busy like to be gone?

Family is very important...tradition vs technology?

Love, family and tradition will always win against the cold, harsh machiery of computers...etc

The end!

So, yep, just some ideas...and that's only a summary!

I also agree, it seems about being yourself, about how society is changin rapidly, but tradition is important...hence the 'stuck in the middle'. Also stuck in the middle about someone...who has 2 sides perhaps?

All comments welcome!

:biggrin2:

I really never thought about Stuck in the Middle meaning .

But what both of you say makes sense .

I love the love/hate's idea and the competition's idea . "We bite each other" ti's cool ans stupid ! xD

great thread!:thumb_yello:

Stuck in the middle in my eyes, has a lot more than just one meaning...but I don't think Mika intends to tell us all the exact meanings..

it seems like a very personal song, since its about his family etc, so I don't think we'll ever fully know what its about...

but then again, thats just my interpretation...:fisch:

Love today, is a song I always wonder about, because, well I don't think its as simple as it sounds really.....:blink:

to me its about growing up and old. period. and i love this song and the lyrics are not important for me on that one. im musically fascinated by SITM

I read tons of different meanings/analysis of this song on the net and it all sounds ridiculous (2me), really, some people are very very VERY imaginative.

this thread's brilliant!:thumb_yello:

in fact, i've juz got some very simple and shallow ideas about what mika songs actually mean [though i listen to them every day:wub2: ]

umum.. plz dun mind my silly questions!

no nid to fantasize

since i was in braces

i find difficulties in understanding these lines:boxed:

n is [lollipop] written for mika's little sister, telling her to stay away from luv?

i hope i hvn't got the wrong msg from the dvd...

anyway, i miss his braces~~:mf_rosetinted:

this thread's brilliant!:thumb_yello:

in fact, i've juz got some very simple and shallow ideas about what mika songs actually mean [though i listen to them every day:wub2: ]

umum.. plz dun mind my silly questions!

no nid to fantasize

since i was in braces

i find difficulties in understanding these lines:boxed:

n is [lollipop] written for mika's little sister, telling her to stay away from luv?

i hope i hvn't got the wrong msg from the dvd...

anyway, i miss his braces~~:mf_rosetinted:

Ahh there's nothing wrong with being shallow! I was very shallow when I was younger, and now I am all deep and meaningful...I wish I could be somewhere in the middle but thats just not me...I am always very extreme!!

Big Girls was written at 2 in the morning in 15 minutes if my memory serves me correctly, so there are bound to be a few lines that mean nothing!! I dont think there is any deep and meanigful meaning to those lines....

Lollipop was written for his sister to stay away not so much from love but more from chicken :mf_rosetinted:

Um, yes, you got the right idea from the dvd!