Debut of my Music this Summer (Hopefully) by a local Choir and possibly orchestra!

elanorelle

Please support me in my possible summer debut of my music at a concert this summer or some time later! I am finally getting my music out to more of the professional music community through a very strong contact that I have!Since I don't have a degree in music or Royal Conservative training a lot of the music community is reluctant to hear my kind of music and it fits almost nothing in this city (which is an advantage I think) as I have not heard anything like my stuff anywhere.Victoria, unlike London or New York is very elitist .when it comes to Classical music.and I will get beyond those cities! I get private lessons from my music muse ( Laxmi who went with me to meet MIKA in Vancouver) and I have tought myself completely how to compose. Luckily I have most of the technical ability to put this music together. http://www.myspace.com/suzannedwillies

Its a piece I am writing fusing two pieces together with a bridge of some sort.It will be only about max 3 minutes long. On the myspace page I have

two pieces . One is called Sunflower and the other Archangel. One is more orchestral and other more pop! the first one will be arranged for 3 voices and accompaniment. Alto, Mezzo, and Soprano...The second for I have not figured out completely and the bridge will have a gorgeous melody ,,,very expansive. Idealy, if my conductor allows it , I can get it performed in St Andrews Cathedral in August. It will be second public performance so to speak. Once I get it written on sheet music I will get it copyrighted and you can have a look at it!

see you later! Suzanne:)

this is my new Blog By the Way: every week will be "Suzanne's Musings" on my music website!

Hi there this will be a weekly post now..like a blog about things I see in the musical world and life in general and other advice or wisdom I would love to give others.

Have a dream about being a composer or arranger? You don't need a degree for that. You don't need big classes or formal training! Find someone close to you who can show you the ropes. someone who can help you spread your wings from the cocoon. Performing other people's music is wonderful and if done well , gorgeous, but a lot of the time , I see the "robot" in performances.

Where is the feeling? Every note is correct but where is the feeling? That is why if you can find someone to show you the beauty of improvising. Not Jazz improvising ( I find it irritating at times) but general improvising. It can do wonders and instead of you finding a melody the melody finds you! Would you like help in improvising ?i can give you a tip or two!

Great New Music I Have Discovered:

Listen to the Dr Who soundtrack by Murray Gold. its of the best new Soundtracks of any visual medium I have ever seen! Its of the new Show , series One to Three. There are gorgeous melodies and lovely arrangements and passion!

Murray Gold is a new force ! Similar in style to Howard Shore in some of his more percussive pieces and a style of his own in many of the melodic pieces!

It is absolutely gorgeous!

Suzanne Dwillies, Sunday, April 20th , 2008.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting Suzanne. I'll have to go have another listen to your myspace page. Not right this minute, I'm about to head off to bed, but that will be something to look forward to in the morning. Oh and some time, I will have to talk with you about composing and arranging. I was actually talking about you with someone this evening, about the long lost idea of the fan club's song and telling them about how you'd been the one doing the instrumentation.

i know very well the french word that mister M use in this kind of occasion (i told it to him also before an award show and he won :wink2:)

sorry it is not very polite... :blush-anim-cl: and usually i don't write bad words... so...

for your eyes only

M (*) R D (*) :thumb_yello:

* the first letter of your nickname :mf_rosetinted:

Good luck with your music, Suzanne!

You are so talented and the music on you myspace is beautiful!:thumb_yello:

My favourite is “Sing your heart out” especially in the beginning the soft melody with the string and the piano…love it!:wub2: