Led Zeppelin

rockinbabzz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, of course you're not the only one here!!!!!! I wish I had been born 30 years earlier, I love all the bands of that golden era.

Know what? I was just about to open a thread about Led Zep, but you were faster:roftl: Thanks for this!!!

BTW, those pics of Robert and Jimmy are simply stunning:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: Now how hot were they????

It's sooooo hard to pick a few songs out of the rest! I love all of them, but let's say "Stairway To Heaven" is THE perfect song (I know, I'm not being original here), and I love "Rock 'N Roll", "Thank You", "Dazed And Confused", "Kashmere"....

What do you think about Jimmy's time with The Yardbirds? I personally like their version of "Dazed..." even more than Led Zep's. Check it out: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz1TwtDsjk

BTW, what do you think Led Zep are: more of the blues kind, or more hard rock? (it's an argument I often have with one of my best friends:naughty:)

They are obviously very inspired by blues. But even their very bluesy songs have a heavy riffs in them, so I'd say hardrock :thumb_yello:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: Now how hot were they????

It's sooooo hard to pick a few songs out of the rest! I love all of them, but let's say "Stairway To Heaven" is THE perfect song (I know, I'm not being original here), and I love "Rock 'N Roll", "Thank You", "Dazed And Confused", "Kashmere"....

What do you think about Jimmy's time with The Yardbirds? I personally like their version of "Dazed..." even more than Led Zep's. Check it out: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz1TwtDsjk

omg the Yearbirds! Jimmy Page+Jeff Beck+Eric Clapton! whatta guitarists!

they starred also in Antonioni' movie Blowup

those were the years to live into :wub2:

They are obviously very inspired by blues. But even their very bluesy songs have a heavy riffs in them, so I'd say hardrock :thumb_yello:

Hmmmm... So you're in my side, good to know:naughty: My friend thinks they're a blues band, which is also true. But I say hard rock exists the way it is thanks to them.

Another question: do you like Cream? They're clearly a precedent, aren't they? I love them, it's one of the very few bands I love which members are all alive.

omg the Yearbirds! Jimmy Page+Jeff Beck+Eric Clapton! whatta guitarists!

they starred also in Antonioni' movie Blowup

those were the years to live into :wub2:

Defo!!!! I love Blowup, it's been one of my fav movies for years:punk: And Clapton is a hero for me, as well as John Mayall and Jeff Beck. Those were the days for sure!

Hmmmm... So you're in my side, good to know:naughty: My friend thinks they're a blues band, which is also true. But I say hard rock exists the way it is thanks to them.

Another question: do you like Cream? They're clearly a precedent, aren't they? I love them, it's one of the very few bands I love which members are all alive.

how amazing were them also?!

Now..what genre Cream are?! They sound psychedelic rock, pop, blues, a bit of jazz?!!:roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI8SUc2SV4k

how amazing were them also?!

Now..what genre Cream are?! They sound psychedelic rock, pop, blues, a bit of jazz?!!:roftl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI8SUc2SV4k

Cream are just... Cream! :punk:

Thanks for the link, I love this song, though it's not my fav, but it rocks!! A friend of mine could see them last year in London and came like in a trance, lucky bstrd...:sneaky2:

OMG, look at Jack Bruce! What is he wearing on his head?:roftl:

Yep I like Cream aswell :thumb_yello: I've never been a major fan of Eric Claptons solo stuff though, not that it's bad or anything, but it doesn't really grab me.

I do like Eric Clapton, altough he is much, much better when he plays with a band (and what bands he had back then!). What do you think of Derek and The Dominos? Only one album, but what an album!

My friend got to see Led Zep last year :wub2: She's like their biggest fan in the world so if anyone deserved it it's her, and she had come all the way from California for it! She also met Jimmy Page when she went to look at his house and he just came out to do some grocery shopping :naughty:

I do like Eric Clapton, altough he is much, much better when he plays with a band (and what bands he had back then!). What do you think of Derek and The Dominos? Only one album, but what an album!

Don't know 'em too well I must admit! I should check them out really.

My friend got to see Led Zep last year :wub2: She's like their biggest fan in the world so if anyone deserved it it's her, and she had come all the way from California for it! She also met Jimmy Page when she went to look at his house and he just came out to do some grocery shopping :naughty:

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: How lucky she is!!!!!!!! I bet she'll neve forget the concert and her meeting with Jimmy:wub2: She really deserved it after coming all the way from California.