The Who's Magic Bus. Let's get in tune!

TheBlackQueen

Anybody in here loves The Who as much as I do? They are one of the most influential bands of rock 'n roll, and indeed a blast live! I was so lucky as to have seen them live in the two gigs they played in Madrid (06 and 07) and it was unbelieveable: I kept thinking I shpuld have been born 30 years before so I could have seen the whole band in action.

323529774_76fbabd770.jpg

Pete_Townshend.jpg

the-who.jpg

Come on peeps!! All aboard!!

MagicBus.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Isa!!! Hi Susan!! Glad you keep me company over here, hehehe.

Their lyrics talk about things that can happen to anyone, and I think that's one of the reasons why I feel so close to them. And the music just blows your mind, it's pure rock 'n roll! :punk: My Generation is also one of my favourites, though I preffer Behind Blue Eyes (Mika sung a bit of it in some of the shows last Autumn, I heard it in Turin and I went mad!), or Baba O'Riley, that one is a blast! However, I still preffer their first stuff, I used to be some kind of a mod:blush-anim-cl:

COme on, nobody else share my love for them? I can't believe I'm the only Who mad around... :tears:

How could I forget Behind blue eyes????? I love that song!!!! (and I lover Limp Bizkit´s cover).

*Asun, no te preocupes, no te voy a dejar sola!!!*

Mmmm, bringing back the classics, huh? :bleh:

I love the who and i was really shocked the first time i saw Tommy. I really loved it and my friends were traumatized :roftl:

I tried to find a pic of those years. Roger Daltrey has a butterfly i think..If anybody knows what i´m talking about, help :wink2:

I found this double pic and i found it interesting. Mod years and rock years :naughty:

30yearscdrogerdaltrey.jpg

Anybody in here loves The Who as much as I do? They are one of the most influential bands of rock 'n roll, and indeed a blast live! I was so lucky as to have seen them live in the two gigs they played in Madrid (06 and 07) and it was unbelieveable: I kept thinking I shpuld have been born 30 years before so I could have seen the whole band in action.

I seriously think there is another person who loves the who as much as you...and it's me. It's the band i have been fan of the longest and Pete Townshend music helped me so much to overcome many torbulents in life, just by listening to the band and the music.

Love Who's Next & Quadrophenia, I remember in the begining it was hard to get use to the sound of Tommy but now it is the ultimate favorite.

Thanks for opening this thread. :thumb_yello:

Asun my dear you sure have a FANTASTIC taste in music! I love The Who and have been fortunate enough to see them live last year at Roskilde and they still absolutely rock.

An absolutely brilliant bit of Tommy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHxpy7O004s

Roger Daltrey :wub2:

Babz, baby, thanks a lot, you also have this fantastic taste, you know! Why on Earth didn't we chat before?:blink:

When I saw them last year and the year before I had a blast. In 2006 was their first gig in Spain ever, and I think they didn't expect the feedback they got from the huge mass of public: we all knew all the songs, we kept singing and dancing all the time, and they were having such a good time the following day Pete wrote in his blog it was the best gig in recent years and they were eager to come back. So not a year after they kept their promise and gave us another astonishing concert.

Here's a bit of 06:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C7kWzhG-IHg

Thanks for Tommy, it's one of my favourite albums and films, and Roger is sooooooo hot in it...:wub2: Especially when he swims in the pool while "I'm Free" is on, woowwowowow:mf_lustslow:

I seriously think there is another person who loves the who as much as you...and it's me. It's the band i have been fan of the longest and Pete Townshend music helped me so much to overcome many torbulents in life, just by listening to the band and the music.

Love Who's Next & Quadrophenia, I remember in the begining it was hard to get use to the sound of Tommy but now it is the ultimate favorite.

Thanks for opening this thread. :thumb_yello:

Hi Mici!!!! I'm so glad you are like me and love The Who so much. The story you tell about their music helping you through many problems reminds me of my own teens, when I felt their songs were talking about me and my troubles, and they helped me understand many facts of life. I remember myself wandering around in the city for hours every day listening to their music and feeling someone out there had gone through the same as me. I love those two, Quadrophenia is a masterpiece, and Tommy too. Thank you for writing here dear:thumb_yello:

Hey everyone!

I think the Who are fantastic too! My dad is the one who is a major fan, but I have been lucky enough to see them once, last year, for myself.I really could not pin-point my favourite songs, but I must say behind blue eyes is a master piece! And Keith Moon, completely mad, but what a fantastic drummer he was, eh?

I also like to see Mika swinging his microphone round on the DVD, we know where he got that from :wink2:

You guys sure have great taste in music!!

Hey everyone!

I think the Who are fantastic too! My dad is the one who is a major fan, but I have been lucky enough to see them once, last year, for myself.I really could not pin-point my favourite songs, but I must say behind blue eyes is a master piece! And Keith Moon, completely mad, but what a fantastic drummer he was, eh?

I also like to see Mika swinging his microphone round on the DVD, we know where he got that from :wink2:

You guys sure have great taste in music!!

Hey! Glad you're here too! Yes, Keith Moon was mad but he was a genius, one of the best drummers of all times. But Zak Starkey was brilliant too, don't you think? I like him better than his dad (and I'm a Beatle fan since I can remember).

I've always thought Mika likes The Who, many movements he makes on stage reminds me of Roger Daltrey, not only the mic swinging. Glad I'm not alone in this:naughty:

Hey! Glad you're here too! Yes, Keith Moon was mad but he was a genius, one of the best drummers of all times. But Zak Starkey was brilliant too, don't you think? I like him better than his dad (and I'm a Beatle fan since I can remember).

I've always thought Mika likes The Who, many movements he makes on stage reminds me of Roger Daltrey, not only the mic swinging. Glad I'm not alone in this:naughty:

Yes, he is a fantastic drummer, I think the best since Keith died.

I really hope Mika does some Who covers, if he wants to of course, but I'm sure they would be fantastic to hear. It's wonderful that he added some of Behind Blue eyes before Love Today on stage once.

So, do you have any particular favourite songs?

Now, we wait for guitar smashing:naughty:

Yes, he is a fantastic drummer, I think the best since Keith died.

I really hope Mika does some Who covers, if he wants to of course, but I'm sure they would be fantastic to hear. It's wonderful that he added some of Behind Blue eyes before Love Today on stage once.

So, do you have any particular favourite songs?

Now, we wait for guitar smashing:naughty:

Yes, I agree, I like him a lot he's the best nowadays.

I think Mika's voice can sometimes be similar to Daltrey's, and I'm sure he'd do some great covers. When I heard the bit he did of Behind Blue Eyes I went mad:blush-anim-cl:

I find it so hard to chose a song, I love all of them. But I do preffer the Mod times, the beginning with Substitute, My Generation, Can't Explain, Boris The Spider (I looooove that song:naughty:), etc. Also Tommy and Quadrophenia, the whole Who's Next album... Not to mention their show at Woodstock :punk:

Here you are, your wish is my command, some guitar smashing just for you:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRs1gKpeGg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFcPjILC7k

Yes, I agree, I like him a lot he's the best nowadays.

I think Mika's voice can sometimes be similar to Daltrey's, and I'm sure he'd do some great covers. When I heard the bit he did of Behind Blue Eyes I went mad:blush-anim-cl:

I find it so hard to chose a song, I love all of them. But I do preffer the Mod times, the beginning with Substitute, My Generation, Can't Explain, Boris The Spider (I looooove that song:naughty:), etc. Also Tommy and Quadrophenia, the whole Who's Next album... Not to mention their show at Woodstock :punk:

Here you are, your wish is my command, some guitar smashing just for you:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YdRs1gKpeGg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFcPjILC7k

Yes, it's very difficult to choose songs that are all fantastic!:naughty:

Their musicals are great, it's unfortunate Quadrophenia never really took of though:thumbdown:

Guitar smashing, they must have spent sooo much money on equipment. I was watching an interesting tv programme the other day, Amazing Journey. Did you see it? If not, I think you can get it on DVD. :)

Hi Mici!!!! I'm so glad you are like me and love The Who so much. The story you tell about their music helping you through many problems reminds me of my own teens, when I felt their songs were talking about me and my troubles, and they helped me understand many facts of life. I remember myself wandering around in the city for hours every day listening to their music and feeling someone out there had gone through the same as me. I love those two, Quadrophenia is a masterpiece, and Tommy too. Thank you for writing here dear:thumb_yello:

Oh yeah, i completly identify with this, for me it was sitting in my room and listening to their music for hours. Music was always a big part of my life but there surly wasn't another band that had a strong impact on me like The Who.

Thank you for writing here dear:thumb_yello:

You most welcome, great to share interests with other people. :huglove:

How about this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp5LiFk-Ncc :thumb_yello:

destruction at it's best, even the presenter joins in the end LOL (too bad this part was cut out of the video).

Wow! Thanks for that, I love the last part, too bad it was cut though... In the Madrid gigs we were all hoping they'd smash the instruments, but seems like they've grown up :sneaky2:

Here's a rare cover of The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There": two of my fav bands put together, hmmmmmm. Bad quality but I think it's worth it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bYVCKJ05lsw

Wow! Thanks for that, I love the last part, too bad it was cut though... In the Madrid gigs we were all hoping they'd smash the instruments, but seems like they've grown up :sneaky2:

I remember there was one gig few years ago where Pete completly smashed a guitar to pieces, but they don't do that anymore. At least he still do the windmill, and Roger do his microphone thing.

If only there was a time machine to go back to the instrument destruction period. :naughty:

I remember there was one gig few years ago where Pete completly smashed a guitar to pieces, but they don't do that anymore. At least he still do the windmill, and Roger do his microphone thing.

If only there was a time machine to go back to the instrument destruction period. :naughty:

Yep, that's true, the windmill and the mic thingy are still there :punk: I don't think I'll ever forget the first time Pete did that in the gig: the whole crowd went mad!!! And Roger sort of got envyous and started his mic swinging, so it was a kind of duel. Aaaahhh, a time machine would be sooooooo amazing! Can you imagine? I've always wished I had lived those fab years...