The Who's Magic Bus. Let's get in tune!

TheBlackQueen

I guess it kind of does, because at first i didn't know if i had the right vid.:shocked::bleh:

Hehe, looking back at the one and only gig i have been in so far, i can say it does sounds a bit similar to it, at least the begining. :thumb_yello:

Ok sista! :bye: See you later, or tomorrow, or whatever. Sooooo nice chatting with you from thread to thread:bleh:

It is so much is, the feeling is mutual. :huglove:

I love this song, Let see action lets see people lets freedom in the air...: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQx1ajn9Ww

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is just great:

VH1 HONOURS THE WHO

VH1 has confirmed that critically acclaimed, multi-platinum rock bands Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters along with the Grammy Award-winning rock band The Flaming Lips will perform at the network's third annual "VH1 Rock Honours" celebration, honouring legendary rock band The Who.

This year's event will deliver a night of high-voltage tribute performances by the three bands all leading up to the spectacular grand finale performance by The Who as they rock the stage. Additional performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed. As a result of The Who's revolutionary and era-defining influence on rock music, this will be the first "VH1 Rock Honours" that salutes just one band.

Taping in Los Angeles at the Pauley Pavilion on the campus of UCLA on July 12, "VH1 Rock Honours: The Who" will premiere on Thursday, July 17 at 9pm* on VH1, VH1 Classic and MHD. VH1.com will also offer select performances from the show leading up to and following the on-air premiere at Rock.VH1.com. The Who's monumental legacy will be celebrated with a 2-hour tribute that will salute the music and the lasting impact of this groundbreaking band. The influence of The Who will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today's premiere rock acts as well as the legends themselves.

I hope VH1 Europe will broadcast it following the original live show as they do every year. :thumb_yello:

Let see action lets see people

That is one of my favourite sayings :naughty:

Look what was in my Wholigans news letter :naughty:

Whoogle [hoo-gul] (verb) - To search on-line for anything Who related.

Whoogle, now that's better then google for sure. :bleh::roftl:

This what you mean, sis? :das:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hKUBTX9kKEo

Watch what he does at 1:56

:shocked::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::shocked::naughty:

Do that wiggle Pete, he completly killed that tambourine LOL.

On different note, this performance is kind of sad to watch as it was Keith Moon's last gig and then he passed away few weeks after.

Also, it's a little bit ironic that on the cover of "Who are you" Keith is sitting on a chair with a scribble on it says "Not to be taken away". :tears:

:shocked::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::shocked::naughty:

Do that wiggle Pete, he completly killed that tambourine LOL.

On different note, this performance is kind of sad to watch as it was Keith Moon's last gig and then he passed away few weeks after.

Also, it's a little bit ironic that on the cover of "Who are you" Keith is sitting on a chair with a scribble on it says "Not to be taken away". :tears:

Hehehehe, I had the feeling you might like it...

... But yes, this is a sad performance to watch, I can't stop thiniking about it while it goes on, I must say. About the "Who's Next" cover, I remember when I first realized it, people told me I was obsessed, but it's the sad fact, right? How I miss Keith and John... :tears:

Hehehehe, I had the feeling you might like it...

... But yes, this is a sad performance to watch, I can't stop thiniking about it while it goes on, I must say. About the "Who's Next" cover, I remember when I first realized it, people told me I was obsessed, but it's the sad fact, right? How I miss Keith and John... :tears:

It's " Who Are You" cover..:wink2:

Keith was a genius and his part of The Who will be forever remembered.

I think this is The Who's best & funniest interview ever made:

:punk::punk:

Uuhhh I found out that Hollands WORST band, a total phony fake band who claim to be like THE rockstars (Di-rect), are gonna do a Dutch version of Tommy :blink: And their drummer says 'yeah we have a lot in common with The Who, I'm an animal just like Keith Moon' BUT KEITH MOON WAS A F*CKING GREAT DRUMMER AND YOU ARE NOT :furious:

I think the only person who's drumming style is similar to Keith, is Zak Starkey, he learned from the best. Keith was a good friend of his father (Ringo Starr) and i think he also gave Zak his first drumming lesson and drum kit.

I've started watching this interesting show last sunday called "7 ages of Rock", it's a show by the BBC and i recommand you all to give it a watch as well, very indepth look at the rock music from the early 60's till this day.

First episode is mostly about The Who & Rolling Stones.:thumb_yello:

Here are some videos from the first episode:

*throws guitar in the air catches it and smashes it into thread* BUMP!!!!!

:naughty::roftl::naughty::roftl:

VH1 Rock Honors The Who Weekend

06/24/2008

(Vh1) The third annual "VH1 Rock Honors" will celebrate The Who in a televised concert, featuring tribute performances by Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips and the recently-announced Incubus, before The Who take the stage to make an unforgettable evening. Taping in Los Angeles at Pauley Pavilion on July 12, "VH1 Rock Honors: The Who" will premiere nationally Thursday, July 17 at 9pm ET/PT.

Leading up to the big event, VH1 has once again partnered with LA Weekly for a Who-themed VH1 Rock Honors Weekend, sponsored by [corp name removed], in Los Angeles, July 10-14. Full details on The Who-themed events happening all around town will be announced shortly, in the meantime here's a sneak peak at some of the activities lined up:

Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane/Starship) art exhibit at Gallery 319 featuring paintings of Pete Townshend. Grace Slick will be in attendance! * The Who-themed karaoke night at Blue Goose Lounge * Rock 'n' Reads brings together music and books with appearances by special bands and various authors including Stephanie Kuehnert (I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone) and Kristin Harmel (How To Sleep With A Movie Star) * Rock Honors BBQ with a Rock Band competition for prize packages at Crane's Hollywood Tavern * 80's cover band Steel Panther tribute The Who the entire night at the Key Club * Watch screenings of The Who movies over a pint @ Ye Coach and Horses * plus a whole lot more... - Rock.VH1.com.

• 3 weeks later...

NEWSFLASH --OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM THEWHO.COM

ANNOUNCING THE WHO TOUR - USA FALL 2008

The Who will be touring the USA this fall. The first 2 dates to be confirmed are:

Nov. 8 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Nov. 9 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

More dates will be confirmed very soon! Stay tuned.

lucky if you live in Los Angeles! :thumb_yello:

NEWSFLASH --OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM THEWHO.COM

ANNOUNCING THE WHO TOUR - USA FALL 2008

The Who will be touring the USA this fall. The first 2 dates to be confirmed are:

Nov. 8 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Nov. 9 Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

More dates will be confirmed very soon! Stay tuned.

lucky if you live in Los Angeles! :thumb_yello:

Oh snap! I do :naughty:

I probably won't go though...I'm not obsessed anymore and I only like going to see people I'm obsessed with because I don't like taking concerts for granted.