Raffa Kobeisi story

To me it sounded like "carpet my legs" but I realised that was wrong lol:biggrin2:

Hahaha! Me too! :naughty:

thats almost exactly what i hear...except i thought it was some bum come for my eyes and bomb makes much more sense!! it always made me think of Pirates of the carribbean, when that guys eye rolls out then he forks another one...idk....and i also thought it was "cant walk like cat got my legs" which also makes no sense...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:!!!

• 2 weeks later...
thats almost exactly what i hear...except i thought it was some bum come for my eyes and bomb makes much more sense!! it always made me think of Pirates of the carribbean, when that guys eye rolls out then he forks another one...idk....and i also thought it was "cant walk like cat got my legs" which also makes no sense...my mind is a strange place to live...but like mika says "it makes perfect sense cause theres no sense at all" (or something like that i dont have the exact quote in front of me right now)

WTF??

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you are awesome lol but sadly wrong even tho you have a brilliant minnd haha

Thanx for your help on this.To me it sounded like "carpet my legs" but I realised that was wrong lol:biggrin2:

I heard 'I can't talk, like cutted my legs' (??) really had no sense

and I thought that she said he was 'in the middle of a target' or something like that, not that the man married another girl :naughty:

I always thought it was..." I can't walk, like God take my legs"

I think so too. She was so devastated by all the things she went through and lost the ability to walk in her despair, at least for a while.

It can happen.

It might be a translation of the french expression "avoir les jambes coupées". That means that you are terrified or afraid of something.

It sounds very reasonable because isn't French a very common language in Lebanon?:thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...

Here's an update on the cluster bomb situation from antiwar.com:

"Most of the world’s nations met today in Oslo, Norway to sign a treaty banning the use, stockpile, transfer, and manufacture of cluster munitions. Among those agreeing to the ban were most NATO members, including Britain, France, Germany, and Australia. Conspicuously absent were Russia, China, Israel, India, Pakistan, and the world’s largest manufacturer of such weapons, the United States. "

"The US State Department defended the decision, claiming that signing the ban would put US soldiers at risk. The US has been at the center of most recent high profile cluster munitions uses. During the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan, the United States littered the Afghan countryside with cluster munitions. Making matters worse, they dropped food aid for the civilian populace in packages the same color and of similar appearance to the bomblets. The Pentagon eventually decided to change the color of the food packages, but the incident proved a major embarrassment for the invasion forces. Afghanistan announced today that it would become a last-minute surprise signatory to the ban."

"Perhaps even more noteworthy, the United States rushed a shipment of cluster munitions to Israel during its 2006 invasion of Southern Lebanon, which the Israeli military proceeded to scatter around hundreds of locations in Lebanon in the waning days of the war, in a move they insisted was “self defense.” The bomblets have continued to kill and maim civilians and foreigners dispatched to aid in their clean-up for the past two years. International outrage over this use, perhaps more than any other, was the catalyst for today’s ban. How much value the treaty will have without the weapon’s largest users remains to be seen."

• 2 months later...
I absolutly love the song Any other world..it just is so incredible. Musically, it is astounding, what with the deep melodies and uplifting bits combined with Mika's unique voice and sound, and then you get this orchestra in the background combined with harmonies and choir later on.

and then the meaning, just wow. and actually including her story, a true, real story, just gives the song this incredible passion and reality.

amazing.

Yes. I do so hope that he is managing to create work of this particularly fine quality now, despite everything.

And here is news of how determined people in Greece stopped a massive arms shipment for the time being.

GlobalVoicesOnline

Edited by blue grey
restraint

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the situation regarding all those cluster bombs in Southern Lebanon:

United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon Michael Williams said that Israel has to provide detailed maps indicating the location of cluster bombs in south Lebanon. He pointed that the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) have requested from Israel to provide such detailed maps more than once.

He added that United Nations Security Council resolution 1701 has not been fully implemented.

Following a tour of the southern city of Tyre on Friday in which he met with the city's municipal head and members, Williams said the U.N. has continuously worked on cleansing the south of land mines and cluster bombs.

"Work must continue, and Israel must provide maps showing the location of such bombs. The U.N. and the UNIFIL have called on Israel more than once to make these maps available," Williams said.

He expressed his relief that Lebanon is enjoying calm adding: "there is a lot of work ahead that we have to do, particularly in returning the Ghajjar village and the Shebaa Farms (back to Lebanon)…ending the violation of Lebanese airspace that occurs daily."

Naharnet Newsdesk

• 7 months later...

UnreportedWorld -

offers a lead to a memorable and enriching evening

WEDNESDAY: 4th November. Free screening:- 1800 to 2000

Premier of new documentary

- 72 Hours -

Film starts PROMPTLY @ 1805

Lebanon's burden of 4 million cluster bombs, planted by Israel at the end of their invasion in 2006.Friends of Lebanon have organised a powerful line up at the prestigious Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House

Westminster SW1.

This is Parliament: ALLOW 30 mins to clear security.

Map here http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/faxmap.pdf

Directions here http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/directions.cfm

Frank Cook MP will chair event.

72 Hours will be screened and

Lebanese citizens effected by the catastrophe will be in attendance.

It promises to be a memorable evening.

Free admission.

MORE INFO

http://www.friendsoflebanon.org/index.htm

So sorry about late notice, I just found out.