Radiohead and Thom Yorke

Gatagordinha

Please tell me I am not the only Radiohead fan here on MFC :bleh:

*cue tumbleweed* *waiting for all the 'I prefer Muse' posts :naughty:*

I am going to see them in June and I absolutely can't wait.

They are probably just as 'Marmite' as our Mika, but in my opinion they are just the best band in the world bar none. And Thom is a genius.

Anyone else...??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: you're not the only one.

i love them!!:biggrin2:

my uncle introduced them to me.

i love their album, 'the bends':punk:

you're so lucky to see them!

they canceled their concerts in australia.:thumbdown:

That's a shame! Their world tour is pretty big, they are going to Japan, I'm surprised they can't fit Australia in..:boxed:

You poor Aussies..why does no-one want to go there??

The Bends is great, my favourite album is OK Computer but I love all their stuff.

I call their music my Mika antidote :naughty:. and the reverse is also true, Mika is my Radiohead antidote.

That's a shame! Their world tour is pretty big, they are going to Japan, I'm surprised they can't fit Australia in..:boxed:

You poor Aussies..why does no-one want to go there??

The Bends is great, my favourite album is OK Computer but I love all their stuff.

I call their music my Mika antidote :naughty:. and the reverse is also true, Mika is my Radiohead antidote.

:roftl:

well, that was a while ago though.

i haven't anything about a concert in australia yet.

but their recent album was number 1 on the charts for a week.

oh, i love ok computer as well!

i'm listening to 'high and dry' :biggrin2:

I don't think there are any Australian dates for this year...pity.

It's impossible for me to pick a favourite song of theirs. From The Bends my favourites are the title track, Bones and Street Spirit, and from OKC, Airbag, Lucky, Let Down and Paranoid Android.

I also love Pyramid song, I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written, a work of real genius :wub2:

Oh and The National Anthem and Idioteque from Kid A.

I don't think there are any Australian dates for this year...pity.

It's impossible for me to pick a favourite song of theirs. From The Bends my favourites are the title track, Bones and Street Spirit, and from OKC, Airbag, Lucky, Let Down and Paranoid Android.

I also love Pyramid song, I think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever written, a work of real genius :wub2:

Oh and The National Anthem and Idioteque from Kid A.

i want to find out why no one wants to tour australia!

my favourite band last year..canceled their show in australia, after we bought tickets! :thumbdown:

yes, pyramid song is the best :biggrin2:

have you seen them live before?

Yes, and of course Mika cancelled too...:sneaky2:

Who's the band who cancelled on you then? Shame on them :boxed:

I haven't seen Radiohead before, no. I'm not really a big gig-goer but I couldn't pass up this chance, they are playing close to where I live, so I just had to get tickets. And as I'm not going to be spending that money on Mika this year....:sneaky2:

Please tell me I am not the only Radiohead fan here on MFC :bleh:

*cue tumbleweed* *waiting for all the 'I prefer Muse' posts :naughty:*

I am going to see them in June and I absolutely can't wait.

They are probably just as 'Marmite' as our Mika, but in my opinion they are just the best band in the world bar none. And Thom is a genius.

Anyone else...??

You are definetly not the only one, i love thier music very much. they sort of reminds me of a very progressive pink floyd LOL.

I really like their early stuff and Kid A which for me is their masterpeice alongside to OK Computer.

Radiohead are geniuses, and I don't say that about many people; they made some of the most amazing and innovative music of the 20th century. I can't say that I love one particular album more than another, my favourites are from a mix of them: Paranoid Android, Creep, Karma Police, Street Spirit (Fade Out), Just (You Do It To Yourself), Talk Show Host, Fake Plastic Trees, There There, and a whole heap more. The Street Spirit (Fade Out) music video is one of my most favourite videos of all time: it's so simple yet stunning. I'd love to see them live but they never come down under... like everyone else. :ap_rosetinted:

Oh God I love Radiohead. I wanted to go to their concert in Paris but it got sold out before I had a chance to buy my ticket... I intend to wait in front of the venue in the hope to get a ticket at a reasonable price...

Oh God I love Radiohead. I wanted to go to their concert in Paris but it got sold out before I had a chance to buy my ticket... I intend to wait in front of the venue in the hope to get a ticket at a reasonable price...

They are also playing the Arras festival I think...?

Mika and Radiohead in the same festival sounds like heaven on Earth to me :wub2:

Yes, and of course Mika cancelled too...:sneaky2:

Who's the band who cancelled on you then? Shame on them :boxed:

I haven't seen Radiohead before, no. I'm not really a big gig-goer but I couldn't pass up this chance, they are playing close to where I live, so I just had to get tickets. And as I'm not going to be spending that money on Mika this year....:sneaky2:

it was a band called 'funeral for a friend'

i know, it sounds a bit morbid..

but their music is so good. :biggrin2:

you should listen!

I like Radiohead, but I always feel stupid around my Newspepr Advisor who loves them. I thought I had this cover of Radiohead doing "Video Killed The Radio Star," but I hadn't listened to it in a while. As soon as I gave it to him, we listened to it out loud and I quickly realized it was def. not actually Radiohead. D'oh!

• 4 months later...
Sweet who??

Sweet dreams?

Sweet heart?

Sweet biscuit?

Sweet and sour???

sweet!!

She is an MFCer and also a Thom fan! Haven't see her round here though lately, having said that I haven't been here myself :doh:

Fangurls make Thom go:

thom.jpg

Aaaah SuperTwat I forgot, there are one or two others :naughty:

And Thom luvs fangurls:mf_rosetinted:

thomyorke.jpg

For the lulz.

Gotta love the Yorke! :bleh:

I am the only Radiohead fan in the (MFC) village. Well nearly. Where is sweet these days??? :blink:

n595315446_2438048_8995-1.jpg

No way Gatagordinha, you're not the only one :wub2: !

Happy Birthday Thom by the way !

I managed to see them in Paris - both dates were sold out but my friend and I managed to buy tickets from someone in front of the venue at a reasonable price... The concert was good but we kind of were unlucky because I got to know that their concert next day (they played twice in Bercy - they're huge in France) was far better as they had a real connection this time with the audience (which lacked at the concert I was at). To me, setlist was also kinda better on the second day (they played songs I so wanted to hear but I did not get them :boxed:).

Anyway I don't regret going to see them, I always wanted to !

No way Gatagordinha' date=' you're not the only one :wub2: !

Happy Birthday Thom by the way !

I managed to see them in Paris - both dates were sold out but my friend and I managed to buy tickets from someone in front of the venue at a reasonable price... The concert was good but we kind of were unlucky because I got to know that their concert next day (they played twice in Bercy - they're huge in France) was far better as they had a real connection this time with the audience (which lacked at the concert I was at). To me, setlist was also kinda better on the second day (they played songs I so wanted to hear but I did not get them :boxed:).

Anyway I don't regret going to see them, I always wanted to ![/quote']

I'm really glad you got to see them Em! Aren't they great live?? :thumb_yello:

I had a great time at the Manchester concert back in June, it was fab.

I hope I don't have to wait too long to see them again, it'd be great to see them in an indoor venue, somewhere smaller, where you have more intimacy (and a better view of Thom :bleh:). Shame you missed that second gig..