Moving On

Like some of you here I am now in my last year of school. It ends in just a few weeks' time. I've been at this school for 12 years now so I'm getting all emotional about it, it's really sad. I love(d) school no matter how hard it got, it was like my second home. I knew pretty much everyone from the different year groups and felt so comfortable there. Most of my friends were also from school and I'm so used to seeing them and spending time with them everyday. I know the campus off by heart, know what the teachers are like and have a memory in every classroom, every bathroom, every part of the library and the field. I remember every school play, every drama lesson, every crazy thing everyone's done, every time I got into trouble, every time i had a fight with one of my friends. I have inside jokes with friends about teachers; what they do, how they act...

I'm sure many of you are going/have gone through the same thing so I thought we could share our experiences and feelings with eachother. How did you cope? What was it like? Are you still in touch with some of your school friends? Any highschool memories you'd like to share?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. I graduated from school 4 years ago, it was pretty hard cuz I went to the same school all my life, same teachers (almost :bleh:) and I grew up with the same girls (I went to a girl school)

I miss school now and then, it was fun making jokes to the teachers we didn't like (like staining their paints with ink :naughty:... I know... that's bad :bleh:) and the times when the whole class room talked about our lives (wich includes boys, partys, family [sometimes], boys... partys) in our free times.

I'm in touch with some of the girls, 2 of them are my best friends... and we keep laughing, remembering the past but also, carrying on and having a life!

College is fun too, you'll see it. So, be happy! You are about to enter to a new stage in your life, and you'll always have supporting people around you to help you out. :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't wait for school to end for me... Yes of course I will miss all my friends, but I just really have grown to dislike school intensely... which is really sad, I've also been at the same school my whole life.

I loved primary school, but in high school it all went wrong....:thumbdown:

Oh, sorry, to dampen the spirit...:blush-anim-cl:

I know what you mean. I graduated from school 4 years ago, it was pretty hard cuz I went to the same school all my life, same teachers (almost) and I grew up with the same girls (I went to a girl school)

I miss school now and then, it was fun making jokes to the teachers we didn't like (like staining their paints with ink :naughty:... I know... that's bad :bleh:) and the times when the whole class room talked about our lives (wich includes boys, partys, family [sometimes], boys... partys) in our free times.

I'm in touch with some of the girls, 2 of them are my best friends... and we keep laughing, remembering the past but also, carrying on and having a life!

College is fun too, you'll see it. So, be happy! You are about to enter to a new stage in your life, and you'll always have supporting people around you to help you out. :thumb_yello:

You're right! I really should have more positive outlook! It's sad but I know the best is yet to come.. Glad you understand :original:

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't wait for school to end for me... Yes of course I will miss all my friends, but I just really have grown to dislike school intensely... which is really sad, I've also been at the same school my whole life.

I loved primary school, but in high school it all went wrong....:thumbdown:

Oh, sorry, to dampen the spirit...:blush-anim-cl:

I know how tough school can be. I went through a lot of phases where it just really sucked and where I couldn't wait for it to it. But It was really starting to get better. When highschool started things changed so that people were starting to mix and there weren't cliques anymore and we were all great friends... That's part of why I'll miss it too.

But i reaaaally see where you're coming from. You shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway because everyone says uni's great fun as I'm sure it'll be for you ;).

You're right! I really should have more positive outlook! It's sad but I know the best is yet to come.. Glad you understand :original:

I know how tough school can be. I went through a lot of phases where it just really sucked and where I couldn't wait for it to it. But It was really starting to get better. When highschool started things changed so that people were starting to mix and there weren't cliques anymore and we were all great friends... That's part of why I'll miss it too.

But i reaaaally see where you're coming from. You shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway because everyone says uni's great fun as I'm sure it'll be for you ;).

Yeah, so I've heard too:biggrin2:.... Funny, when we got to high school there were more cliques than before.... maybe that's the big problem....

Like some of you here I am now in my last year of school. It ends in just a few weeks' time. I've been at this school for 12 years now so I'm getting all emotional about it, it's really sad. I love(d) school no matter how hard it got, it was like my second home. I knew pretty much everyone from the different year groups and felt so comfortable there. Most of my friends were also from school and I'm so used to seeing them and spending time with them everyday. I know the campus off by heart, know what the teachers are like and have a memory in every classroom, every bathroom, every part of the library and the field. I remember every school play, every drama lesson, every crazy thing everyone's done, every time I got into trouble, every time i had a fight with one of my friends. I have inside jokes with friends about teachers; what they do, how they act...

I'm sure many of you are going/have gone through the same thing so I thought we could share our experiences and feelings with eachother. How did you cope? What was it like? Are you still in touch with some of your school friends? Any highschool memories you'd like to share?

awww, I remember my last week really well. :tears:

though I was no fan of school(at all), I had so much fun with my friends in art and at breaks:naughty:

On my last day after the graduation thing, me and my friend ran through the school at night screaming...(no I didn't make that up):naughty:

sounds weird, but its a nice memory. (though there is a lot I don't miss at all!)

I'm sure you have loads of really cool memories too.

But after a few months even, you'll probably forget about school...I did anyway:bleh:

awww, I remember my last week really well. :tears:

though I was no fan of school(at all), I had so much fun with my friends in art and at breaks:naughty:

On my last day after the graduation thing, me and my friend ran through the school at night screaming...(no I didn't make that up):naughty:

sounds weird, but its a nice memory. (though there is a lot I don't miss at all!)

I'm sure you have loads of really cool memories too.

But after a few months even, you'll probably forget about school...I did anyway:bleh:

Lol this is so funny :lol3:

I really hope i do! I'm sure life after school will be just as good if not better:wub2:

Yeah, so I've heard too:biggrin2:.... Funny, when we got to high school there were more cliques than before.... maybe that's the big problem....

Yeah that's probably it. I expted it to be the same at my school but surprisingly it went really well.

Lol this is so funny :lol3:

I really hope i do! I'm sure life after school will be just as good if not better:wub2:

yeah, when poeple say that school days are the best days of your life....well I hope they're not because there is so much you can do once you leave too!:D

I know what you mean; I'm finishing school this year, too.

I really want to finish it, because I want to start studing what I want, but, anyway, I'm feeling weird because I know that next year it will all be different. I won't see my friends every single day anymore, I won't laugh with them, I won't go to school and go back from school talking with them. But I guess what really worth is that I enjoyed my 5 years at high school, even when I had a lot of homework to do, and when I felt like giving everything up.

I hope next year will be an amazing year, with a lot of things to discover, and a lot of interesting people to meet and spend the time with... And I hope next year will be a great year for you too! (:

it's comforting to see how many people are going through the same things as you. i also finish my school this year. but the only thing i'm stressed about is passing my exams. i'm kinda happy it's almost over. a lot is gonna change, i'm moving to another country. i've actually never felt bad about leaving school. going to high school was ok, leaving high school was great coz i had some really bad teachers about whom i still have nightmares sometimes. now i'm leaving my uni and i'm very happy about that coz i sooo need a change.

i hope all the changes you're dealing with will only do you good!

It's great that you feel that. Next year I finish school, but I really hate school. I've been in 5 different schools and changed 7 times. I don't have that feeling with any school, but I wish I had. I really want to finish school now, study what I like, work, etc.

And about my friends, I don't see them much because they're not in my actual school. So, it's not going to be different when I finish.

But I do have some awesome memories.

Good luck !! =)