Glow In The Dark Tour

AKateisaKate

Has anyone gone?

I really wanted to go, but I'd been to a lot of concerts lately so I didn't really try to get tickets- Didn't want to spend the money.

So, I barely listen to the radio but I was too lazy to plug in my Ipod driving home Monday. Left the radio on. They mention something about the Kanye concert this Friday. I figured I might as well enter online when I got home. I had two choices: Meet Rihanna/ no show, or front row tickets to the show. So I picked the front row tickets.

AND I WON ON WEDNESDAY!!! The show was last night.

It's completely crazy and surreal. I neeevvveer would've dreamed.

I took my friend Brolley because he's in love with Rihanna and all four are some of his favorite artists as well.

I was FRONT ROW, like, 6 feet from the stage. Wish I had pictures, they were incredibly strict.

The show in general was great. It wasn't like any dumb rap show with bling and crazy lights. There were lights and it was a huge production, but it wasn't just like, piercing bling at all. Everything had a purpose. The show was realyl well put together in its entirety.

Lupe had a really good set, I think he's really underrated.

N.E.R.D. was CRAAAZZEEEE. They put on such a damn good show. He called all the girls up front on stage, but I didn't go. Then this guy was coming like, all up on me and Brolley (who is like 5'3" and this tiny guy) was going to get security, but then the guy did some other stupid stuff and got kicked out anyway. (And I have another craaaaazy gross story).

But Pharrell was awesome, and we shook hands with him after. They played a new song called "Spaz" which was AMAZING. AND THEN GUESS WHAT?

Chris Brown came out and started crumping like NO OTHER with N.E.R.D. Daaaammnnn his dancing is crazy live.

Rihanna was next, we were on the right of the stage and Chris Brown was standing there watchnig Rihanna's set. Rihanna was a much better performer than I thought. On TV a couple years back, I remember seeing Pon De Replay at the VMA Pre-show and it sucked. But I think since then she's found her sound and her set was short, and she was a queen. It was all really good. She covered M.I.A.'s Paper Plane and Lauryn Hill's "That Thing," which was way better than I thought. Damn. (I just realized I was saying Mary J. Blige last night instead on Lauryn Hill to Brolley). Embarrrassing. Oh well. ANYWAY.

After Rihanna's set, they put down this big black curtain to hide Kanye's set. But we could still see from the side. It was an insane set. This huge like, terrain platform. There was tons of smoke and literally, at points, all I could see was Brolley and a puff of clouds. Kanye made it like this story, of him on a planet. He really was this like, crazy artist alien. I loved his whole art form. He stayed on stage for over two hours, with like, 3 chugs of water. He sweat so much and just really put it on. He was DAMN GOOD.

CRAZY: (Maybe TMI) Some girl behind us sat in her seat, pulled her pants down, and started peeing into a cup and a water bottle. IT WAS DISGUSTING. Then the pee fell over all under my chair, I was so flipping out, I like couldn't stand there. I was wearing open toe shoes and Oh. My. God. THEN THE CRAZY LADY WENT ON STAGE, STARTED DANCING WITH PHARRELL WITH THE POLAND SPRING BOTTLE OF PEE IN HER HAND! I was flipping out. Halfway through the show, she ran out because I think someone finally told the security guard and she knew she was going to get caught. She also kept trying to like, seduce every boy in sight, including one who had braces and a breaking voice- He was like, 14.

But anyway, it was a really good show. I cannot believe it happened. To ME.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my kind of music at all, but sounds like you really enjoyed it! And had some ahem experiences. :naughty:

It's always even better when you win the tickets, I think.:wink2:

Glad you had a good time, and it was interesting to read about.

Not my kind of music at all, but sounds like you really enjoyed it! And had some ahem experiences. :naughty:

Thank you, yes. :naughty: I'm a bit of a music junkie, but Rihanna was better than I thought, especially.

I almost feel dirty for winning the tickets. It was so easy!

That's awesome you won tickets!

I went to the first San Jose Show and loved N.E.R.D's set the best, although I wish they played some more of their older stuff, either way it rocked.

Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West were awesome as well, they were all awesome. I'm going to the second San Jose show and am excited, this time I am definitely going to get the Paris Tokyo Lupe shirt.

Glad you had a great time and got to shake Pharrell's hand as well! :wink2:

I went to the first San Jose Show

like I swear 75% of my school went to that show. haha

Like i saw so many tour shirts i thought I was just going crazy.

But I heard it was amazing, though im not a fan of anyone on it. ^-^

That's awesome you won tickets!

I went to the first San Jose Show and loved N.E.R.D's set the best, although I wish they played some more of their older stuff, either way it rocked.

Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West were awesome as well, they were all awesome. I'm going to the second San Jose show and am excited, this time I am definitely going to get the Paris Tokyo Lupe shirt.

Glad you had a great time and got to shake Pharrell's hand as well! :wink2:

I'd love to see it twice, once more with a seat far back, just to see the whole set from an aerial (not totally aerial, but high altitude) view. It just seems like it'd be totally aesthetically different with a whole different experience, which is cool. The way I was, Kanye was almost over my head as he came to the tip of the terrain. Like he was higher up in his own planet. I'm so lucky to have gotten that view, and it'd be freakin' awesome to experience it all over again from way up in the back far away. Seeing the smoke puff out. At times, I was literally iiiinnn it. All I could see was white clouds and Brolley next to me.

Yeah, I liked In Search of waaay better than Fly or die. I was obsessed with ISO for a while.

i agree with you. it's not my kind of music at all too but winning tickets is :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

congrats Kate!!:yay:

everyone (like 15 people:naughty:), had the 'glow in the dark tour' tees on today. I really like them:mf_lustslow:

i hear the tour is amazing. Like magically amazing:blink:.I'd love the see a show.

Your description sounds unreal(good unreal:naughty:). I

think Mika and Kanye are very similar in their visions, btw. :wink2:

It did seem like most of everyone in san jose was at the show when we got there, it was packed!

I had row 9, aisle seats, so there were many times Lupe and his band members passed by me along with a few of the Warriors platers, but I'm too shy to go up to meet them, I feel it's a little of of my character. The view was nice as well, you could see the "lost on a planet, shapeship" theme pretty well.

I agree with MIKA and Kanye being alike in vision although Kanye could do without the sailor cursing and angry tantrums....wait that might be a little bit like Mika but not too much :wink2: