The link isn't available in the UK either. Luckily I watched it live, so I saw it all as it was happening, but it's annoying not to be able to see it again (apart from Brian Eno).

I love it when they 'let loose' a bit, like on the ending of SNL's Brian Eno. They should do that much more often! :naughty:. They did a similar thing at the end of one of the songs on Letterman, it was amazingly good, but I've forgotten now which song it was!! :boxed:

how come no one uploads the other parts??? or is it taken down by youtube??? youtube has been more & more fussy these days :boxed:

but anyway, compared to the Time To Pretend performance on Letterman, they really hv improved A LOT! :biggrin2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were on Later With Jools Holland (BBC) earlier tonight. Brian Eno again. Andrew does a little shout out to Brian in the bridge :teehee:. That made me giggle.

Wonder if Andrew is cringeing a bit about that now? :aah:

• 1 month later...

i forgot there was a section to chat about other artists as well.:teehee:

anyways, clare (lovempls) and i had an experience with these lovely boys and i documented it all here if anyone desires to give it a glance. i do a bit of comparison to Mika shows (because MGMT is a completely different gig experience) as well to give it some more relevance to the mfc.:thumb_yello:

http://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1BjqTJhE8pwZNQjVM0zZt0PZ9KAmSe1OOu71qa6U3sk8

*warning: explicit language...sorry bout that hahaha*

:biggrin2:

Edited by lollipopgirl83

i forgot there was a section to chat about other artists as well.:teehee:

anyways, clare (lovempls) and i had an experience with these lovely boys and i documented it all here if anyone desires to give it a glance. i do a bit of comparison to Mika shows (because MGMT is a completely different gig experience) as well to give it some more relevance to the mfc.:thumb_yello:

http://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1BjqTJhE8pwZNQjVM0zZt0PZ9KAmSe1OOu71qa6U3sk8

*warning: explicit language...sorry bout that hahaha*

:biggrin2:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Wow!!! I loved reading that, I felt like I was there with the two of you :aah:. How lucky were you that second night?? Definitely some serendipity at work there.

I loved your description of the gig experience too. I'm going to see them in September and I can't wait. I already know what you mean about being a little annoyed at the people who only seem to know Kids and Time To Pretend though :boxed:, I'm sure I'll find that a bit irritating too when I go but hopefully i'll be able to zone out and not let it bother me too much.

Thanks again for the link, it was a good read and very well written considering your memory must have been affected due to MGMT-induced adrenalin rush :aah:.

• 2 weeks later...
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Wow!!! I loved reading that, I felt like I was there with the two of you :aah:. How lucky were you that second night?? Definitely some serendipity at work there.

I loved your description of the gig experience too. I'm going to see them in September and I can't wait. I already know what you mean about being a little annoyed at the people who only seem to know Kids and Time To Pretend though :boxed:, I'm sure I'll find that a bit irritating too when I go but hopefully i'll be able to zone out and not let it bother me too much.

Thanks again for the link, it was a good read and very well written considering your memory must have been affected due to MGMT-induced adrenalin rush :aah:.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I still have trouble believing it happened even today.:aah:

Have fun at your show that you're going to! I want a full report. And stay after the show, they'll meet with fans pretty much every time even though we didn't stay. Definitely worth meeting them. Yeah, just ignore those annoying "fans" who know two songs, you'll be in your own little world.

Thanks again, I had fun writing it. I have an incredibly good memory even when my mind's affected.:wink2:

So, I started a music blog because 1.) I love music and 2.) the music website Pitchfork is looking for writers and I would love to write for them.

I wrote my little ode to Congratulations and I'd really like to submit it as part of my mini-portfolio.

http://lollytay.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-defense-of-congratulations.html

Read, enjoy, and give any feedback you can. I'd like this to be the best thing I submit.:biggrin2:

Hey, people! :bye:

Glad to have found that thread!

I love mgmt and am going to see them this year. Not that soon though - have to wait till December. :sad:

Those guys are so crazy:

I have been listening to their music for the past weeks over and over again - their songs are so rich and complex, you never get tired of listening, because everytime you discover some new melody that you haven't heard the last time - brilliant stuff. Though at first listening you are really like: WTF? And then you somehow dive into the songs and never want to get out of them again, right? Someone wrote on youtube their music is like audible drugs. Pretty good description I think.

@Lollipopgirl83: I just read your "ode" to Congratulations! Wow! :shocked: This is really well written! Your thoughts are so similar to what I have been thinking about their music in the last weeks: look what I've written on the shrink thread before I even knew that there are other fans of mgmt on MFC: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23549&page=178

Thanks for writing that down! :thumb_yello:

Edited by southeast

Hahaha, oh I really shouldn't.:naughty:

It's great. We even got forum awards:mf_rosetinted:I was so close to winning most awesome avatar last year.

@Taylor: Read your concert report. DUDE! That weird bald man was probably Dan Treacy. He hangs around with them a lot.

Edited by xlindee

It's great. We even got forum awards:mf_rosetinted:I was so close to winning most awesome avatar last year.

@Taylor: Read your concert report. DUDE! That weird bald man was probably Dan Treacy. He hangs around with them a lot.

Haha, well I'll think about it. I'm trying to not get obsessed, but it's not easy...:naughty:

Oh, did I say he was bald? No, he had long, unkempt hair. I just google searched Dan Treacy, and it definitely wasn't him...but that would have been SO COOL if it was...

So, I started a music blog because 1.) I love music and 2.) the music website Pitchfork is looking for writers and I would love to write for them.

I wrote my little ode to Congratulations and I'd really like to submit it as part of my mini-portfolio.

http://lollytay.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-defense-of-congratulations.html

Read, enjoy, and give any feedback you can. I'd like this to be the best thing I submit.:biggrin2:

Your ode to Congratulations is very good, and sums up exactly how I feel about it too. It's always nice to know other people share your opinion, especially when that opinion is, as you rightly say, in the minority.

Well done!

Your ode to Congratulations is very good, and sums up exactly how I feel about it too. It's always nice to know other people share your opinion, especially when that opinion is, as you rightly say, in the minority.

Well done!

+1 :thumb_yello:

Well done!

Thanks! It's always good to know you're not the only one.:biggrin2:

+1 :thumb_yello:

Thank you!

p.s. love the sig picture.:wub2:

p.s. love the sig picture.:wub2:

Me too!

Btw. isn't it interesting how few good pics of MGMT there are in the Internet in comparison to pics of Mika? Most of them are from some gigs where they really don't look very attractive. I was searching for a pic for my sig and there was only this one and the ones from an interview in a mag. that were really beautiful. :dunno:

Me too!

Btw. isn't it interesting how few good pics of MGMT there are in the Internet in comparison to pics of Mika? Most of them are from some gigs where they really don't look very attractive. I was searching for a pic for my sig and there was only this one and the ones from an interview in a mag. that were really beautiful. :dunno:

Hahaha, I've found quite a few good ones. Once photobucket stops acting up, I'll post them for you.:thumb_yello:

I'm so excited about finally seeing them live next month!! :biggrin2:

I have a spare ticket (possibly 2) for their gig on the 29th of September in London. If anyone is interested just PM me :wink2:

HAVE FUN!

They will blow your mind in all sorts of amazing ways.:biggrin2: (p.s. hang around after the gig; they usually always go out and meet the fans.)

Here's a few of my favorites:

28627_134211733256406_100000027400340_392323_2450869_n.jpg

mgmt_pmvhL160310-1.jpg

mgmt2010.jpg

tumblr_l3pouo4A8f1qacxldo1_500.jpg

70988212.jpg

:wub2:

Wow, thanks!!!

They are all great, but I think I like the first and the last one the best. Because on the first one Andrew looks like he's making a stupid joke and/or laughing over himself/over them both or the photo shoot. And I love black & white pics, and they just look so good on the last one! :wub2: