hahaha, did you read the message? I died laughing:

"What's up dude!?

All accounts of this alleged piss-throwing/shirt-piss-catching incident as well as the "label not giving them as much freedom" are false and maliciously embellished, as an indirect result of the Malicious British Journalistic Freedom Act (1666) which entitles gobshot writers for ****ty British tabloids to make up whatever the **** they want about whomever they choose (citation needed).

Although we're sure everyone's life could go on just fine without an "official clarification" of something that happened to that band MGMT somewhere in England, things have gotten to a point where we feel obligated to defend our selves and tell people the real story: witches, this: At the start of "Kids", MGMT's most popular song to date and the second-to-last song in the set, a celebratory cup of hearty Manchester ale, NOT URINE, was hurled into the air in the direction of the stage, thereupon landing in the lap of William Berman, the current world's best drummer. As we understand, thrown cups of beer are a sign of affection over here, whereas thrown bottles of urine mean the opposite. So, thank you Manchester for your affection.

Will Berman then left the stage to dry off and the band **finished the set without him, a nice non-percussive version of MGMT's current smash single "Congratulations." EVERYONE then returned for a steamy full band encore of "Future Reflections" and "Brian Eno", the latter of which induced a moist circular moshing type pit in the center of the floor. Johnny Marr was in attendance, the Dum Dum Girls sounded great, plenty of clotted cream and fresh berries in catering, Liverpudlian youths with dandy style, and no one got hurt. All in all it was a great show, and, on a scale of one to ten counting by tenths, I would give it a strong 7.1.

As for the whole label-not-giving-them-artistic-freedom thing, we aren't even close to starting the process of making a new album, label-relations are currently quite friendly, we are very proud of "Congratulations" and the new videos, looking forward to making more music on Columbia, and the (mostly sold out) world tour has been going splendidly THANKS FOR ASKING. Don't believe everything that you read (even on Pitchfork.com).

taking the piss=bad idea in interviews,

kittens,

MGMT

big upsSPECTRUM,TAMEIMPALA,VIOLENS,DASRACIST,DEERHUNTER

**MGMT realizes its slow wit in not playing "Someone's Missing" when Will left the stage. IT APOLOGIZES.

:lmao:

I'm not a huge MGMT fan like you guys but i saw the news about this incident and even believed them. It's good to see that's not the case.

And I love Andrew for this message, i had no idea he was this witty:roftl: I think I'll follow them closer now

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did I get the idea from that Ben's father is a vet?? I could absolutely swear I read that somewhere :blink: I must be getting him mixed up with someone else.

About Andrew's chin. OMG :roftl: That made me laugh so much because Karen has a really funny pic of me from Sunday, of me standing with Andrew, on which she cut off most of our hero's lovely face (I know I know, how dare she!!?) so it looks like.... a photo of me with Andrew's chin. Having both commented on his prominent chin in the past, needless to say we found thus pic very amusing. :aah: I'll get her to

post it too (she should be able to soon :biggrin2:)

I'm not a huge MGMT fan like you guys but i saw the news about this incident and even believed them. It's good to see that's not the case.

And I love Andrew for this message, i had no idea he was this witty:roftl: I think I'll follow them closer now

Yes, he is really a funny guy! I read on Twitter yesterday that at their next gig MGMT threw (past tense of throw? :teehee:) bread in the audience....:roftl: Bread and games!

Where did I get the idea from that Ben's father is a vet?? I could absolutely swear I read that somewhere :blink: I must be getting him mixed up with someone else.

About Andrew's chin. OMG :roftl: That made me laugh so much because Karen has a really funny pic of me from Sunday, of me standing with Andrew, on which she cut off most of our hero's lovely face (I know I know, how dare she!!?) so it looks like.... a photo of me with Andrew's chin. Having both commented on his prominent chin in the past, needless to say we found thus pic very amusing. :aah: I'll get her to

post it too (she should be able to soon :biggrin2:)

But in this article he says has a vet praxis. Or am I misunderstanding something? :blink: I also read somewhere his dad is a vet and his mum is into gardening. And that they both were/are hippies. :teehee:

He's got a very sarcastic/p***-taking sense of humour, but in a good way. Lots of people (mostly journalists :aah:) don't seem to get it, though! I'm glad you do! :naughty:

Just wanted to say how amazing MGMT were last night :biggrin2: I don't know what people said that they are rubbish live, but they were extremely good :wub2: (And Andrew's so cute, aww).

You went?? *jealous :mf_rosetinted:*. Yeah they are really good live. They used to be a bit hit and miss, mainly I think because they were learning how to make their sound work as a live five-piece band,and it took time. but they've hit on a great line-up I think and it's all coming together now.

Andrew is cute? Can't say I'd noticed:mf_rosetinted:

But in this article he says has a vet praxis. Or am I misunderstanding something? :blink: I also read somewhere his dad is a vet and his mum is into gardening. And that they both were/are hippies. :teehee:

I didn't actually read the article until now, and yes, it does clearly say he's a vet. It was just that when lolli posted that he was a college professor (?) I got confused.

And I must have read the same article as you, too, as I remember the thing with his Mum and gardening too.

Just wanted to say how amazing MGMT were last night :biggrin2: I don't know what people said that they are rubbish live, but they were extremely good :wub2: (And Andrew's so cute, aww).

:yay: This thread is flourishing! :naughty:

From that article...

I share Ben's observations about the difficulty of staying true to oneself while being thrust into the public eye. I am proud of what Ben has accomplished. I would hope that this pride is totally independent of the commercial success of the band. Fame, particularly in the volatile world of popular music, can be so fleeting. Ben has a commitment to making music he can be proud of, without regard to how that affects the popularity of MGMT. I often think of fame as a sort of dangerous drug, and I worry about its influence on Ben as a caring, compassionate person. So far he seems to be handling it well.

It's been almost a year and a half since this article came out. He must be A LOT prouder of his lovely son now. Congratulations has proved everything :wub2:

Dammit, dammit, dammit, *************************************,

I can't see the interview on Vevo. Cause I live in an unpopulated, wild, uncivilized, underdeveloped country called Germany where pple don't understand English anyway and don't have access to Vevo. :aah: I also posed a question, but now I'll never know if they answered. :tears:

So if any of you girls can see it, or has an external link for me, pls be so kind to post it. :wink2:

Well, I saw the Ask:Reply vid just now. (VEVO is so dumb, seriously with country restrictions.I'm sure someone will upload it...I totally would if I knew how.)

It was a good interview (WAY too short at less than 3 minutes) and the questions they picked were kinda silly. The best part was when they were asked if they could raise one person from the dead to perform with, who would they pick...and then Andrew said "I would want to do a clarinet duet with Martha Washington.":naughty:

But really, for everyone who can't see it, you didn't miss that much...after this loooong wait (the question asking thing was posted in August), it's kind of a disappointment. Like I said, I just wish it was longer...

Well, I saw the Ask:Reply vid just now. (VEVO is so dumb, seriously with country restrictions.I'm sure someone will upload it...I totally would if I knew how.)

It was a good interview (WAY too short at less than 3 minutes) and the questions they picked were kinda silly. The best part was when they were asked if they could raise one person from the dead to perform with, who would they pick...and then Andrew said "I would want to do a clarinet duet with Martha Washington.":naughty:

But really, for everyone who can't see it, you didn't miss that much...after this loooong wait (the question asking thing was posted in August), it's kind of a disappointment. Like I said, I just wish it was longer...

Ehmmm, did they by any chance answer a silly question about which way they would prefer to travel in time: in the future or the past? :fisch:

I would have asked something more serious, but I have noticed that journalists mostly choose the stupid questions even if there are good ones as well, so I thought: Better let them answer a stupid question that none at all. :teehee:

Ehmmm, did they by any chance answer a silly question about which way they would prefer to travel in time: in the future or the past? :fisch:

I would have asked something more serious, but I have noticed that journalists mostly choose the stupid questions even if there are good ones as well, so I thought: Better let them answer a stupid question that none at all. :teehee:

Hahaha no. I knew it wasn't any of our questions. They picked three. THREE.

"What's your favorite part about being in a band?"

"What's your favorite cereal?" :blink:

"If you could bring back anyone back from the dead to perform with them, who would it be?"

Your question was much better. I geniunely would've wanted to know that. I just wish they would have either picked better questions to ask OR asked them more! It felt so short.

Hahaha no. I knew it wasn't any of our questions. They picked three. THREE.

"What's your favorite part about being in a band?"

"What's your favorite cereal?" :blink:

"If you could bring back anyone back from the dead to perform with them, who would it be?"

Your question was much better. I geniunely would've wanted to know that. I just wish they would have either picked better questions to ask OR asked them more! It felt so short.

:shocked: Only three? Wow, that's nothing. How stupid.

Are you sure Vevo isn't sponsored by Kellogs? :teehee:

:shocked: Only three? Wow, that's nothing. How stupid.

Are you sure Vevo isn't sponsored by Kellogs? :teehee:

I know right! Been waiting for so long, and that's all we get. I'm hoping for the extended director's cut to make it's way online.:naughty:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

OH my bad. Just watched it again. There were four questions. The other one was "Who would win in a fight? A lion or a bear?"

And when I get back from class in about two hours, I can transcribe it for you if you want. You know, just write down what they said. It's not the same as watching it, but until someone else puts it up, it's something...

I know right! Been waiting for so long, and that's all we get. I'm hoping for the extended director's cut to make it's way online.:naughty:

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

OH my bad. Just watched it again. There were four questions. The other one was "Who would win in a fight? A lion or a bear?"

And when I get back from class in about two hours, I can transcribe it for you if you want. You know, just write down what they said. It's not the same as watching it, but until someone else puts it up, it's something...

Well, the fourth question is the silliest one! :teehee:

Hey, thank you, it's really very, very nice to suggest transcribing it :flowers2:, but I really don't want to bother you with it.

I mean, I am sure there will be a director's cut or someone's copy of it on vimeo in the next days but also after your description of it I won't be very sad if I wouldn't see it at all. There are so many funny interviews with them and I still haven't seen them all, so I am ok with it. :wink2:

Edited by southeast

Did you see that:

The Management General Info

Member Since August 21, 2004

Band Website bgoldwasser.web.wesleyan.edu

Band Members you and you and you and you and you

Influences none

Sounds Like upzipping of sleeping bags in the wilderness and it's cold but your sweating but you don't want to expose yourself because you're afraid of spiders If you like our music please let us know!

You are the management. mgmtkittens@yahoo.com

Record Label Big Time Records

That's where it all comes from....

About The Management

"If you could smell the dirt of our birth, the steaming mess of mud and sand that coated our placebal ceilings, our linoleum floor, our plush livingroom carpet, that dripped slowly as if from a broken egg shell, falling silently and forming in lumpy conical piles on magazines and empty ash trays, on dvd cases and unmopped floors, covering every inch of every possible space in a thick black skin until nothing shone through and all was dull and quiet like the inside of some ****ing strange hole, if you could smell that dirt, then you could taste the very essence of our souls. love, the management"

:loco:

Edited by southeast

:shocked:Whoa. This is so cool.

And look, only 610 profile views...does nobody really know about this?

Nice pic by the way guys.

Did you see that:

The Management General Info

Member Since August 21, 2004

Band Website bgoldwasser.web.wesleyan.edu

Band Members you and you and you and you and you

Influences none

Sounds Like upzipping of sleeping bags in the wilderness and it's cold but your sweating but you don't want to expose yourself because you're afraid of spiders If you like our music please let us know!

You are the management. mgmtkittens@yahoo.com

Record Label Big Time Records

That's where it all comes from....

About The Management

"If you could smell the dirt of our birth, the steaming mess of mud and sand that coated our placebal ceilings, our linoleum floor, our plush livingroom carpet, that dripped slowly as if from a broken egg shell, falling silently and forming in lumpy conical piles on magazines and empty ash trays, on dvd cases and unmopped floors, covering every inch of every possible space in a thick black skin until nothing shone through and all was dull and quiet like the inside of some ****ing strange hole, if you could smell that dirt, then you could taste the very essence of our souls. love, the management"

:loco:

So the "kittens" thing runs that far back? Hmm.

This is so fascinating to look at....

I know I've seen it they are dummies :naughty:

I hope someone photoshopped this pic :aah:

tumblr_l9o2l0qEVu1qa9teco1_500.jpg

So that's Jedward? Yikes.

Gotta love Andrew's face there :lmfao:

That Jedward pic is giving me nightmares, seriously :boxed:

They only answered 3 questions on the Vevo thing? Bit of a waste of time or what.

Anyone tuning into the live streamed gig from Brussels tonight? I'm going to do my best, but it's an awkward time for me. Will try though.

That Jedward pic is giving me nightmares, seriously :boxed:

They only answered 3 questions on the Vevo thing? Bit of a waste of time or what.

Anyone tuning into the live streamed gig from Brussels tonight? I'm going to do my best, but it's an awkward time for me. Will try though.

Yep, me! :biggrin2: If I manage to get ready with my stuff till then.

I won't worry about that Jedward thing too much. Remember: those guys have a VERY weird sense of humor & even if they do something with those clowns it will surely be a very MGMT-sarcastic-kind-of-thing.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

They were amazing. The end of the gig was brilliant. Andrew was brilliant.

Didn't saw Ben's face once (stupid camera). Destrokk but no IRokkers.

And: a bit of playback in Time to Pretend, right? Andrew was too slow to sing in the micro and playback-Andrew sang instead of him. Real Andrew noticed and smiled wickedly...

Such an experience...Cool.

Edited by southeast

Wow. Wow. Wow.

They were amazing. The end of the gig was brilliant. Andrew was brilliant.

Didn't saw Ben's face once (stupid camera). Destrokk but no IRokkers.

And: a bit of playback in Time to Pretend, right? Andrew was too slow to sing in the micro and playback-Andrew sang instead of him. Real Andrew noticed and smiled wickedly...

Such an experience...Cool.

It was great wasn't it? I managed to see it all. My son (he's 8) watched most of it with me too and he LOVED it, he kept saying "this is better than the CD Mum!" and asking me all about the band, what instruments they play, etc, it was lovely!

They sounded fantastic. Loved the ending of Brian Eno. It was weird, knowing that exactly a week ago I was watching them in person, and talking to Andrew :wub2:.

I was annoyed how little they showed of Ben, too :sneaky2:. FFS, he is half of the band!!!! And utterly essential and irreplaceable. I confess that last week at the gig I kept shouting out 'We love you Ben!!" when things went quiet :aah:, I wanted him to hear and realise he is loved :biggrin2:. I was quite gutted that we didn't get to see him after the gig.