HEY GIRLS!!! You know the release of Siberian Breaks vinyl, do ya???!!!!

http://mgmt.kungfustore.com/products/2520-siberian-breaks-12-single-mgt51

I WANT TO BUY IT!!!! :swoon:

It still amazes me that this song gives me a different feeling everytime I listen to it (and I listen to it every day!!). It's like I am caught by different parts of the song each time. Sometimes the beginning, sometimes the bridges... but most often the part "The empty sky surrounds me but i can't see at all. Wide open arms can feel so cold..." till "keep on silently reminding you what's never created or destroed".

The lyrics! How can we not love the dreamy poet?? :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I only read your posts now and I am proud of being a serious fan who's already expressed my passion and appreciation for MGMT's music before noticing the warning. :mf_rosetinted:

That's such a shame about Barcelona :boxed:. What about the Lisbon or Madrid gigs? Any chance you could go there? Both fabulous cities.

The Madrid one is sold out too but it seems the Lisbon gig still has tickets

You know what? I think tickets for Barcelone are on sale AGAIN!!!!! I almost screamed when I saw that last night! MIRACLES :aah:

But I may go to Lisbon now. I don't know, gonna buy tix within these two days though. In case I've purchased my tix and I cannot come in the end, would any of you lovely ladies here considering buying it from me??? :naughty:

This is to prove that I have been a long term MGMT fan, one of the first ones :shun:

Hey Suzie, you are farsighted! Kids has now surpassed Time To Pretend as the most popular song of them. :teehee:

Finally after being serious, let's have some wonderful Bendrew moments. :das:

tumblr_la9eya2IwA1qb3i2zo1_500.gif

Edited by huikings

This is to prove that I have been a long term MGMT fan, one of the first ones

No need to clean up the place for me, Gata, I know what you all are up to

.. I'll try to remember to drop in more often :teehee:

What, Empire of the Sun? Pah. :shun: (I love "Walking on a dream" :teehee:)

Yes, you're welcome! :thumb_yello:

Wow I only read your posts now and I am proud of being a serious fan who's already expressed my passion and appreciation for MGMT's music before noticing the warning.

You know what? I think tickets for Barcelone are on sale AGAIN!!!!! I almost screamed when I saw that last night! MIRACLES :aah:

But I may go to Lisbon now. I don't know, gonna buy tix within these two days though. In case I've purchased my tix and I cannot come in the end, would any of you lovely ladies here considering buying it from me??? :naughty:

Yay, cool for those tics. I hope you get the ones you want!

I am afraid I can only go to a gig in Munich, so I can't help you with buying them from you, sorry! :sad:

Haha, I've just posted to suzie on that other thread that I'm going to quickly edit out all the fangirlish bits from my posts here, before she sees them :roftl:!!

Ok, let the serious discussion begin :mf_rosetinted:.

Andrew is pretty. Sorry, I mean, pretty good at remembering lyrics I'm sure he messed up on Congratulations though in Manchester :shocked:. I will have to go to Youtube to verify that though!

:lmfao:

Just saw the gif - hehe, I must say I am not really sorry that Ben shaved those whiskers. :shocked:

Edited by southeast

Mandrew.... :lmfao:

Drinking tea! That's so rock and roll, boys :teehee:

They sure had the other stuff removed before the picture was taken, look at those full bags on the floor....:teehee:

Thank you!

And I know I am repeating my own words but: the media should go to hell! Every time I read interviews about it, I hate to hear how they've been handling Congratulations. :sneaky2:

I'd rather kick their asses :naughty:

I loved their performance at World Cafe especially Siberian Breaks :wub2: and the interviewer got Andrew's name wrong :roftl:

:shocked::roftl: You're cruel.

I didn't hear the World Cafe thing, but I did see Bruce's tweet about the mispronunciation :teehee:

Awww the interview's really nice :wub2:

But I clicked the link of that live review of their early April show by another guy, who's apparently an idiot.

When the band return for their encore, you can feel the momentary excitement fizzle into disappointment when VanWyn straps on an acoustic guitar and plays ‘Congratulations’, with that bass line plodding predictably down, down, down and dragging everyone’s spirits with it. (“Dead in the water” is the first, apt lyric)

SH*T! :sneaky2: Andrew playing an acoustic guitar singing Congratulations! How beautiful is that!

For many in the audience, the night will only have confirmed - or seemed to confirm - that MGMT is a three-or-four-hit wonder somewhere near the end of its shelf-life. It’s a shame that the odds were stacked so heavily against them this night, but who knows, maybe by the time they return they’ll have the kind of audience that is prepared to appreciate what they’re - maybe - really about.

Don't worry, that kind of audience is always here :mf_rosetinted:

I think you've already seen this if you use twitter and follow Bruce. :naughty:

This made me smile and sob. :tears: This is so touching. And music is really beautiful. Do you see the kid of joy that is radiated from every face in the vid? PS22 chorus can never be wrong. Their cover of Coldplay's Viva La Vida gave me tears too. The teacher is truly a hero. I wish I could have a music teacher and class like this when I was little!

Sorry MGMT, I think I'm liking this version better. :teehee:

The day is here.

I'm leaving in a little while to go see them again. :boing:

Don't worry, a full report will come afterwards and I'm gonna try to tweet about what's going on. They won't actually be performing for about 12 hours, so wish us luck in finding them before the show!:aah:

I think you've already seen this if you use twitter and follow Bruce. :naughty:

This made me smile and sob. :tears: This is so touching. And music is really beautiful. Do you see the kid of joy that is radiated from every face in the vid? PS22 chorus can never be wrong. Their cover of Coldplay's Viva La Vida gave me tears too. The teacher is truly a hero. I wish I could have a music teacher and class like this when I was little.

Sorry MGMT, I think I'm liking this version better. :teehee:

It's really good! I love the vocal arrangement they've done with it. I really enjoy seeing enthusiastic children's choirs :wub2: Things like this prove what a universally good pop song Kids is. I do hope that despite everything, Andrew and Ben are proud of how that song they wrote so long ago still connects with people.

The day is here.

I'm leaving in a little while to go see them again. :boing:

Don't worry, a full report will come afterwards and I'm gonna try to tweet about what's going on. They won't actually be performing for about 12 hours, so wish us luck in finding them before the

show!:aah:

:woot_jump: Hope you have a great time! Hope to see some good tweets...!

I'm guessing we've all seen this by now (if we use Tumblr):

tumblr_lab1uk05xx1qa8v6yo1_500.gif

I think it's my favourite gif ever in the history of gifs :naughty:.

In fact I haven't seen it, thanks!

At first I was like :shocked: ?????

But then:

66 55 red battleships

40 earthlike planets

3 holes 2 tits

1 fork in its side

zero tears in their eyes....

How cool.

Pity we can't use it here on MFC, pple will go mad looking at it :teehee:

As you probably saw on Twitter, I had a FANTASTIC time last night. My god, they blow me away every time. The horrible wait was completely worth it to be front row and so close to them. I will be writing a full report again with all the super exciting details, but that won't be for another few days here. I'm gonna have to do all my writing in the middle of the night since my days are getting so busy.

Just a few show notes, they played Indie Rokkers and 4th Dimensional Transition! :biggrin2: But no Siberian Breaks.:blink: The Handshake was beyond words incredible and they added something to the end of it...something I'd never heard before. Neither the music nor the words were familiar. New material or a cover? I dunno, it was awesome though. They went way over their set time, but nobody minded. I counted, they played 15 songs. That is LONG for a festival set.

Setlist (from what I remember)

Destrokk

Weekend Wars

Flash Delirium

Electric Feel

The Youth

Of Moons, Birds and Monsters

[song for Dan Treacy

Indie Rokkers

It's Working

4th Dimensional Transition

Time to Pretend

The Handshake] the order on these songs is probably not right. I don't exactly remember

Congratulations

Kids

Brian Eno

They all looked like they had so much fun. And Ben talked! He talked to the audience. First time I'd seen that happen. They all were smiling a lot and goofing around with each other. Their energy was so big that it totally rubbed off on the audience. It was such a great show.:wub2:

And of course after the show we had to try to meet them. Which we did. Got to talk briefly with Andrew and Will. Would've loved to talk to James after seeing him three times before and after the show, but he got mobbed every single time. I wanted to talk to Matt because I never thanked him for last time, but he didn't come out and I was bummed. At least I got to wave goodbye to them as the van drove away.

Edited by lollipopgirl83

Yes I have read your twits but 15 songs are kind a lot for a festival .

What's the name of the festival you've been to ?Who else performed besides them ?

And I don't remember seeing this video before

Yes I have read your twits but 15 songs are kind a lot for a festival .

What's the name of the festival you've been to ?Who else performed besides them ?

And I don't remember seeing this video before

It was long, but I didn't mind.:blush-anim-cl:

It was called the smokeout festival. You can just see for yourself here: http://smokeoutfestival.com/

I think the guys enjoyed themselves.:naughty:

But seriously, I didn't care about any of those other acts at all. That's why we stood in front of the stage for four hours watching the other crappy acts just so we could watch MGMT front row. We were just there for them.

And I saw a little bit of that vid a little while ago. SO so cool.:biggrin2:

As you probably saw on Twitter, I had a FANTASTIC time last night. My god, they blow me away every time. The horrible wait was completely worth it to be front row and so close to them. I will be writing a full report again with all the super exciting details, but that won't be for another few days here. I'm gonna have to do all my writing in the middle of the night since my days are getting so busy.

Just a few show notes, they played Indie Rokkers and 4th Dimensional Transition! :biggrin2: But no Siberian Breaks.:blink: The Handshake was beyond words incredible and they added something to the end of it...something I'd never heard before. Neither the music nor the words were familiar. New material or a cover? I dunno, it was awesome though. They went way over their set time, but nobody minded. I counted, they played 15 songs. That is LONG for a festival set.

Destrokk

Weekend Wars

Flash Delirium

Electric Feel

The Youth

[song for Dan Treacy

Indie Rokkers

It's Working

Time to Pretend

The Handshake] the order on these songs is probably not right. I don't exactly remember

Congratulations

Kids

Brian Eno

They all looked like they had so much fun. And Ben talked! He talked to the audience. First time I'd seen that happen. They all were smiling a lot and goofing around with each other. Their energy was so big that it totally rubbed off on the audience. It was such a great show.:wub2:

And of course after the show we had to try to meet them. Which we did. Got to talk briefly with Andrew and Will. Would've loved to talk to James after seeing him three times before and after the show, but he got mobbed every single time. I wanted to talk to Matt because I never thanked him for last time, but he didn't come out and I was bummed. At least I got to wave goodbye to them as the van drove away.

Thanks for the report and the tweets too, it sounds like you had a great time :thumb_yello:. That's a long set for a festival! What a treat!

4th DT is great live isn't it; it blew me away in Manchester. And I wonder what the bit at the end of The Handshake was?? Intriguing.

Also, I have to agree with what you said in your tweets, about you really only wanting to shake hands with them and say thanks for everything, after the show. I'm so glad you said that. It really annoys me too when fans say stupid and frankly embarrassing things to Andrew (or whoever), especially if they are way old enough to know better! One woman -woman, not girl - at Manchester shouted something to him along the lines of "I want your sperm Andrew!!" :shocked:. Well...I cringed for her right down to my toes, and for Andrew too (though no doubt he's heard far worse:sneaky2::naughty:). NOT COOL, though :sneaky2:.

I'm not being holier-than-thou here btw...I'm the first to admit I had a little "moment" right after meeting Andrew :roftl:, but I made sure I was WELL out of earshot first!! I'm only human :mf_rosetinted: but hopefully a respectful one, and definitely old enough to know better :naughty:.

Destrokk

Weekend Wars

Flash Delirium

Electric Feel

The Youth

[song for Dan Treacy

Indie Rokkers

It's Working

Time to Pretend

Congratulations

Kids

Brian Eno

Thanks for the report! Noooooo, I am not jealous at all. :mf_rosetinted:

It sounds great: Ben talked! :shocked: What did he say? Are you sure it wasn't playback? :mf_rosetinted:

Ohhh, that's really very interesting about The Handshake, trying new material out? :boing: I love it that they were full of energy and not tired after touring Europe... Or perhaps they were enjoying the smokeout festival...:naughty:

Great setlist, even without Siberian Breaks. :boxed: They have so many great songs to choose from, don't they? I would even be interested to hear Lady Dada live even if it's not my favorite song on the album :teehee: They sure would make something quite interesting out of it on stage.

About the mobbing - I really hope they don't stop meeting fans after gigs because of that. :sneaky2: It must be unpleasant for them at some point...

EDIT: Did you read this one: a good review with lots of pics: http://bit.ly/9kukiJ

Edited by southeast

:yay::boing:

Thanks Taylor for your short report! (Take time to do the full one, I know it'll be huge :naughty:) You watched 4 hours of the other acts?? Wow did this include the queuing before?? :shocked: Your're a great fan, I'm sure they appreciate what you did :thumb_yello:

Just checked out the forum and people there said the song they played after The Handshake may be Burst by Magazine... haven't heard of this before, may go youtube it later! It's said that they played it after The Handshake in Paris too.

Ben talked! And they smiled a lot... well, I guess this might be what this whole festival about?? :teehee:

It really annoys me too when fans say stupid and frankly embarrassing things to Andrew (or whoever), especially if they are way old enough to know better! One woman -woman, not girl - at Manchester shouted something to him along the lines of "I want your sperm Andrew!!" :shocked:. Well...I cringed for her right down to my toes, and for Andrew too (though no doubt he's heard far worse:sneaky2::naughty:). NOT COOL, though

WTF!!??? :boxed: Do you remeber how Andrew responded to it?? This is idiotic! reminds me that in some vids I saw, some girls would shout out "F*ck me Andrew" during the shows... I mean, how could they possibly say such things aloud?? :loco:

And well, I'm also human. Last night I was watching vids of Glasto 2010 and kind of fangirling them... (okay, most of the time Andrew I confess)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXIAzFuqGdw&feature=related

Have you seen this before? I know it's old but it's the first time I saw HD version of Glasto. Their outfits, the hands in the air, the sky, and most importantly THE SONG! The Handshake was also awesome.:wub2:

Great setlist, even without Siberian Breaks. :boxed: They have so many great songs to choose from, don't they? I would even be interested to hear Lady Dada live even if it's not my favorite song on the album :teehee: They sure would make something quite interesting out of it on stage.

EDIT: Did you read this one: a good review with lots of pics: http://bit.ly/9kukiJ

You know what I always think that Metanoia, Siberian Breaks & Lady Dada's Nightmare would make half of a perfect setlist :mf_rosetinted:

The review looks really good! I'll read it later, thanks for posting :biggrin2:

:yay::boing:

Thanks Taylor for your short report! (Take time to do the full one, I know it'll be huge :naughty:) You watched 4 hours of the other acts?? Wow did this include the queuing before?? :shocked: Your're a great fan, I'm sure they appreciate what you did :thumb_yello:

Just checked out the forum and people there said the song they played after The Handshake may be Burst by Magazine... haven't heard of this before, may go youtube it later! It's said that they played it after The Handshake in Paris too.

Ben talked! And they smiled a lot... well, I guess this might be what this whole festival about?? :teehee:

I will write it. Never fear. :thumb_yello:Yep. Four hours. There was no queue since it was a festival setup. I'm glad we got there when we did though. We wouldn't have gotten front row like we did.

YES. I just youtubed it and it's that song. :thumb_yello:The second half of it is what they played as a sort of ending to the Handshake. Thanks for checking the forums and finding that out. Now my mind can rest over that issue.

Exactly. The whole festival was about peace, love, music and having a good time.:biggrin2:

It's out of topic, but: :shocked:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/17/glastonbury-2012-london-olympics

So no psychadelic Andrew 2012 in Glastonbury...:sneaky2:

And something for the "Ben fans" among us (which means us all :teehee:)

It's in French. If you need a translation I can try one:

http://www.vogue.fr/culture/agenda/articles/le-dimanche-de-mgmt/5711

MGMT 2008: Did you watch this one? Wow

http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=video&id=mb080917mgmt

Edited by southeast