Believe me, I know what all of you meant and felt about the 3rd album. The trancey part thrilled me too!

Have been watching a lot of old MGMT interviews recently (because I don't want to do homework! lol) and I really LOVE to see how they have matured throughout years without losing that superb sense of humour. :wub2:

At the 2010 Grammys...

Interviewer: *refering to their outfits* Good tailors! Good tailors by the way!

Andrew: His name is Swift.

:roftl:

Interviewer: What does the Grammy nomination mean to MGMT?

Andrew: You know it's kind of like a maintsteam type thing... but we don't feel like we've sold our solds out, so it feels great.

:aah:

I saw lots of Taylor Swift signs and poster on the street today and this quote's stuck in my mind. And the fact that all of them were so awkward in the Grammys makes me smile :naughty:

Sorry I'm being a tumblr girl here now :teehee:

Edited by huikings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lmfao:

If the third album turns out to be self titled, I'll eat my hat. And you can quote me on that, quite literally!

I love the idea of semi-improvising on stage with some new songs though. Actually, I'd love it if they experimented with real-time recording/looping their voices or instruments to create the repetitive effect. It can be very trippy and never really gives the same effect twice. Their 'jam' sections (for want of a better term) in the concerts are already quite trancey anyway.

I'd be more than happy to hear a mix of Oracular and Congratulations styles on the next album, plus a magic third ingredient which even they haven't thought of yet :biggrin2:.

May I quote that in my fan letter? :naughty:

Somehow I am sure whatever they do on their third album it will be good. I am such a fangirl! :teehee:

Edited by southeast

Does someone of you ladies by any chance like Imogen Heap as well? I listened to her today after forgetting about her for the past few months. She's pretty trippy as well, makes me want to fly when I listen to her. Great music, great lyrics, would love to hear some kind of Imogen Heap - MGMT cooperation.

Some pictures of MGMT in Nashville http://bit.ly/bT56Z4 (cc @tennislala) Some very nice one of Ben there.

And I think on one of them is Mr. VW sen. :teehee:

Edited by southeast

Somehow they look really strange in this interview. Maybe that's just me but I was a bit scared by Andrew when I was watching :shocked:

Anyway, I love how all those girls were like MELTED seeing them there, like their eyes sparkled and they couldn't control themselves from putting up those big big smiles :naughty:

Andrew has dislocated his shoulder. Ouch! Poor guy.:aah:

Saw that too... get well soon Andy! and seems Lala from the forum are really close to them? Seems she went to the afterparty after the Nashville gig.

I'm really really busy these days, no even time for twitter. So I'm really depending on this thread to get MGMT news. Thanks girls :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by huikings

As promised weeks ago...

wethree-1.jpg

Me (left), ewokwicket (Karen), and some bloke out of an American band we met in Manchester...

I look insanely and disproportionately excited. :lmao:

*runs away*

wowowowowowowow!!!!! :boing:

YES!! All of you look VERY happy here!!!!! The lad looks he's talking by the time the photo's taken :teehee: Great great picture indeed!! I'm so happy seeing this too :thumb_yello:

And do you girls know if there are any vids of the Seven Second Delay Show (funny name btw)?? Or it's just the audio?

tumblr_lc3k8betfv1qzjmmgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lc2e29jVzm1qaqvggo1_500.png

tumblr_lc2ewc1hNQ1qzhuoho1_500.jpg

Look at the nice profile he's got! The Land of Hands freaked me out though :aah:

As promised weeks ago...

wethree-1.jpg

Me (left), ewokwicket (Karen), and some bloke out of an American band we met in Manchester...

*runs away*

You look as if you're buddies and you've been knowing him for ages :biggrin2::naughty:

Right now, MGMT's third album title is listed as "Applesauce" on wikipedia. :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGMT

I think it is the MGMT fourm's doing. :teehee:

Aww. It's back to "MGMT."

I would die of laughter/happiness if it was called applesauce.

Welcome to the thread, fyi. It's like a mini fanclub within a fanclub :naughty:

As promised weeks ago...

wethree-1.jpg

*runs away*

Hey, nice pic! :thumb_yello: And Andrew looks like he's having fun, not just the usual fan photo, ugh.

Right now, MGMT's third album title is listed as "Applesauce" on wikipedia. :naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGMT

I think it is the MGMT fourm's doing. :teehee:

Haha! Love that.