Wall*e

mandilambi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Wall-e watch! :-D I didn't know it, but the theater where my boyfriend works had the watches last time I was here, but he didn't know I would want one so he didn't mention them. He gave me like four today though. lol It's cute. :-)

I think I may have spotted Buzz's spaceship in Wall-e's collection of items. It looked like his insect friend was sleeping in a Buzz lunch box and there was a thermal in it too. I could be wrong though, but that's all I spotted today. :)

I got my Wall-e watch! :-D I didn't know it, but the theater where my boyfriend works had the watches last time I was here, but he didn't know I would want one so he didn't mention them. He gave me like four today though. lol It's cute. :-)

I think I may have spotted Buzz's spaceship in Wall-e's collection of items. It looked like his insect friend was sleeping in a Buzz lunch box and there was a thermal in it too. I could be wrong though, but that's all I spotted today. :)

wasn't it a pain setting the watch? I thought so, but I really like it :wub2:

I'm going again tomorrow, I'll look for buzz:cool:

haha glad to help!

Isn't weird that certain places to fireworks the actual day before?

I always found it odd

Yeah I find it really odd. We were suppose to have it on the 3rd but they got moved back until the 5th. No clue why we could do it on the 4th it was a great night.

It kind of reminds me of how at college they wouldn't celebrate holidays on the right day. We were suppose to get Mondays off on holidays but instead they'd go ahead and give us Fridays off. I'd much rather get a Monday off because I hate Mondays. :naughty:

My boyfriend just sent this link to me. He got it from his job and is giving me one of these!

http://www.cinematical.com/media/2008/02/walle1.jpg

He said it's 27in by 40in....I wonder where I'll put it!

Oooh lucky! I tried asking our theatre what they do with the posters after (they had two smaller ones that were just of Wall-E on a white background.) The guy said something like they're property of Disney or the movie company I can't really remember. :mf_rosetinted:

I never ended up going to see Wall-E again with my friend. I thought we were going to see it together because he asked and he kept on mentioning it over IM. I figured he'd invite me to go along since he was going alone and I'm not the type of person to invite myself along and he ended up just going alone. Pff. We're suppose to see a movie tomorrow but he never told me what time so whatever I'm sleeping in. :mf_rosetinted:

I still want to get a poster sometime though. It's such an adorable movie. :wub2:

I am not sure if that's true or not about the stuff being property of Disney. I know that a lot of the boards/posters that the theater where my boyfriend works, they take a lot of what's leftover and hang them up in the projection room upstairs. However, I can imagine that some corporations (like Disney) would ask for some of their stuff back. I think I'll ask Chris that later, cos now I am curious!

That's too bad you never got to go with your friend again! He must be moody or somethin'. :-S I hope you have fun seeing whatever you are seeing today....you should say you wanna see Wall-e just to be difficult. ;)

I saw Wal Mart had a poster of Wall-e, just so you know. I thought about buying it, but I wasn't crazy about how it looked. I spoke to Chris last night and he said there was something else of Wall-e he wanted to get me, but he wouldn't say what it was because he wasn't sure he would be able to get it or not. Hmmm..

I am not sure if that's true or not about the stuff being property of Disney. I know that a lot of the boards/posters that the theater where my boyfriend works, they take a lot of what's leftover and hang them up in the projection room upstairs. However, I can imagine that some corporations (like Disney) would ask for some of their stuff back. I think I'll ask Chris that later, cos now I am curious!

That's too bad you never got to go with your friend again! He must be moody or somethin'. :-S I hope you have fun seeing whatever you are seeing today....you should say you wanna see Wall-e just to be difficult. ;)

I saw Wal Mart had a poster of Wall-e, just so you know. I thought about buying it, but I wasn't crazy about how it looked. I spoke to Chris last night and he said there was something else of Wall-e he wanted to get me, but he wouldn't say what it was because he wasn't sure he would be able to get it or not. Hmmm..

Yeah I have no clue about the poster ordeal. Oh well I googled around online and found some. I'll have to check out walmart the next time I go. I don't know when that'll be though since it's an hour and a half away haha.

Yeah he's being a... hmm... twat right now. :bleh: We're suppose to see Get Smart but I haven't heard anything from him.

Before I forget, do you remember what the poster at walmart looked like? Maybe it was the same one that was at our theatre... it was cute but not really interesting. Maybe Chris wants to get you one of those real Wall-E's. They've made Wall-E robots. I remember seeing a youtube video and the Wall-E called out for Eve because someone was wearing a white shirt. :wub2:

Yeah I have no clue about the poster ordeal. Oh well I googled around online and found some. I'll have to check out walmart the next time I go. I don't know when that'll be though since it's an hour and a half away haha.

Yeah he's being a... hmm... twat right now. :bleh: We're suppose to see Get Smart but I haven't heard anything from him.

Before I forget, do you remember what the poster at walmart looked like? Maybe it was the same one that was at our theatre... it was cute but not really interesting. Maybe Chris wants to get you one of those real Wall-E's. They've made Wall-E robots. I remember seeing a youtube video and the Wall-E called out for Eve because someone was wearing a white shirt. :wub2:

I just asked Chris about the marketing stuff that they recieved. He said that the only stuff that they have ever had to send back was property of Star Wars, which is not surprising at all because Lucas is always picky like that. He also said that people can come in and offer to buy standees and posters if they want. He even said that a guy came in and bought the huge Dark knight standee they have now.

Also he said that the manager can take whatever he wants and he can sell it for commission. So basically I guess he has the monopoly if he chooses to. Also he said whenever stuff is leftover and they don't want it, they just throw it away. So....basically, a lot of it is up for grabs. Of course, this could just be where he works, but I would really imagine that that would be consistent in most theaters.

So....there you have it. I bet that due wanted the Wall-e poster for himself, so he just made up some bogus answer to get rid of you. :sneaky2:

I am sure you'll be able to find some good posters online though. I've always liked http://www.allposters.com and I imagine they may have a few there. The poster that I saw at Wal Mart was all yellow in the background and it had Wall-e on the front of it. I think I didn't like the yellow and it just looked too bland and it didn't have Eve on it!

I have no idea what Chris wants to give to me... he said he was going to call the head of marketing today to see if he could get me whatever it is and he still hasn't mentioned it today, sooo.... I dunno what it is!

I just asked Chris about the marketing stuff that they recieved. He said that the only stuff that they have ever had to send back was property of Star Wars, which is not surprising at all because Lucas is always picky like that. He also said that people can come in and offer to buy standees and posters if they want. He even said that a guy came in and bought the huge Dark knight standee they have now.

Also he said that the manager can take whatever he wants and he can sell it for commission. So basically I guess he has the monopoly if he chooses to. Also he said whenever stuff is leftover and they don't want it, they just throw it away. So....basically, a lot of it is up for grabs. Of course, this could just be where he works, but I would really imagine that that would be consistent in most theaters.

So....there you have it. I bet that due wanted the Wall-e poster for himself, so he just made up some bogus answer to get rid of you. :sneaky2:

I am sure you'll be able to find some good posters online though. I've always liked http://www.allposters.com and I imagine they may have a few there. The poster that I saw at Wal Mart was all yellow in the background and it had Wall-e on the front of it. I think I didn't like the yellow and it just looked too bland and it didn't have Eve on it!

I have no idea what Chris wants to give to me... he said he was going to call the head of marketing today to see if he could get me whatever it is and he still hasn't mentioned it today, sooo.... I dunno what it is!

Uggghhhh probably! I don't like the guy that runs our theatre anyway. :sneaky2: I don't like the place in general. :fisch: All the kids movies stay in for a couple weeks but any other movie that comes in is out within a week and most of the time we don't get any of the new released movies... like Baby Mama I saw commercials for it and was DYING to see it... yeah we didn't get it. :thumbdown: Also the show times are weird here, I think they normally have one or two show times during weekdays (basically so you'll go to the night one and pay more) and then three on the weekend.

I'm sure he's just going to keep the posters or sell them somewhere for money. I don't think he has much staff too because he wants the money. He's just the greedy type that I don't like. :bleh:

Oh well, just 20 more days and I'll never have to deal with that theatre ever again! It's SOOOO outdated. It only has three small screens. Two of the theatres are small and the third one is quite big. The seats are so old and stop halfway up your back and there's no cup holders so people always spill their drinks.

That poster doesn't sound like it's really catchy. I don't think yellow would look that great for a Wall-E poster. He's already yellow! Plus if Eve was even on it she probably wouldn't stand out against the yellow. : P

I wonder what he's going to get you!!! I hope they make little Wall-E keychains or something because I would totally buy one. I seem to be collecting keychains.

• 3 weeks later...