Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

I just thought of a cute idea for the back!

The back was just gunna be plain black,right?

At the Very bottom, on each side we should have the white gloves facing eachother, straight up, and slightly 'cupped' and in the middle write "this much" right in between the two hands.

:D:D:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But then, we would have to drop iadoremika newspaper idea... Thought I think I like yours more... newspaper is great, but, dunno... ;)

her idea is very cute, but I'm pretty sure last year the back of it was plain black,and we were trying to go for the same thing this year.

We'll have to wait for Melanie and others to sign on to get there opinions.

her idea is very cute, but I'm pretty sure last year the back of it was plain black,and we were trying to go for the same thing this year.

Yeah, right!

Ok, I'll be off now, am really tired:bleh:

See you soon everyone!!!:huglove:

PS: Melanie, you better like our ideas:naughty:

With the glove and circus and everything? So it could be black and white (with some touches of colours maybe) or even a bit yellowish...? Good idea!!!

No need to flatter me:roftl:

At the Very bottom, on each side we should have the white gloves facing eachother, straight up, and slightly 'cupped' and in the middle write "this much" right in between the two hands.

That does sound cool.

Hey, I said it was awful:roftl:

Plain black? Hmm...I don't know...what if we took some element of the front and continued it on the back? So say we had a cloud or something, it could start out on the front and then part of it ends up on the back...and that way the cover is nearly all black...

Hold on guys, I'm just gunna re-post my idea up here, so people aren't like "uh..what the fu-?" :P

Okay, THESE are my ideas:

I just thought of a way to combine all those when I read them listed like that.

What if we had the palm of a hand (wearing a white glove) flat out with pieces of confettin in the middle, just slightly sticking out from underneath a 'cystal ball' sitting on top of it, with clouds on it, like those misty purple clouds and INSIDE the crystal ball,a circus, and just madness. It would look really cool on a black background.

and for the ART SECTION:

A "where's waldo?" type drawing, but instead "Where's Billy?" and hiding Billy Brown somewhere throughout a sea of people.

thoughts?

:naughty: You are on fire tonite! I love the idea of the crystal ball!! I really, really, reeeeally love it!! It should definitely HAS to be the central image for the cover!! And the idea of waldo, well... It might go better in the "layout design" of the yearbook, don't ya think?

I really really love the twins idea with the lettering, but I also really loved the way Kary painted them on her painting. *shrugs*

decisions...decisions..

Hihi, thx! :wub2:

Mel said that she wants the back to be black and with her hand prints in different colors... I like you idea too, maybe we can combine the tow of them, having not gloves but handprints in some sort of angle where you can see they are hands and pointing out the "this much".

:naughty: You are on fire tonite! I love the idea of the crystal ball!! I really, really, reeeeally love it!! It should definitely HAS to be the central image for the cover!! And the idea of waldo, well... It might go better in the "layout design" of the yearbook, don't ya think?

Hihi, thx! :wub2:

Mel said that she wants the back to be black and with her hand prints in different colors... I like you idea too, maybe we can combine the tow of them, having not gloves but handprints in some sort of angle where you can see they are hands and pointing out the "this much".

Hehe, thanks! Glad you like the idea's!

And I know...my creativity comes in bursts, I just start flowing:bleh:

And oh, I didn't know she had an idea for the back.

We'll give her a chance to read my idea and see

I think we should just do the hands, the confetti and the crystal ball with the things inside and leave the rest in black, otherwise it could look a bit overelaborated. Well, and obviously the letters.

Okay, I thought it would still be simple enough, but we'll see what everyone else thinks too!

I'm gunna try and sketch it out tonite :)

I think we should just do the hands, the confetti and the crystal ball with the things inside and leave the rest in black, otherwise it could look a bit overelaborated. Well, and obviously the letters.

WOW everybody has such teriffic ideas! We agree with you KaryLovesMika.

lovelove_mika, we LOVE your idea of on the back the hands show 'this much'. We love how the front would kind of be continued to the back. It could still have Melanies hand prints on the back. Would kind of like to keep that for Mel, since she is kind of putting together the whole thing and she seemed to really want it.

If we go for certain with the letters. It will be so much fun to see how everybody designs their own. It's like all of our personalities come out in our letter.

GOOD WORK guys! This is really booming today. Can't wait for your sketch lovelove_mika!!!!!!

I've thought about it as well and agree. If we end up doing the crystal ball thing, making it simple would be better.

Somehow we should make the hand/crystal ball stand out- but I think the contrasting white of the glove and black of the background would do that just fine.

If the Yearbook gets big and we have to have two parts, does that mean we are doing 2 different covers?

WOW everybody has such teriffic ideas! We agree with you KaryLovesMika.

lovelove_mika, we LOVE your idea of on the back the hands show 'this much'. We love how the front would kind of be continued to the back. It could still have Melanies hand prints on the back. Would kind of like to keep that for Mel, since she is kind of putting together the whole thing and she seemed to really want it.

If we go for certain with the letters. It will be so much fun to see how everybody designs their own. It's like all of our personalities come out in our letter.

GOOD WORK guys! This is really booming today. Can't wait for your sketch lovelove_mika!!!!!!

I know! I wanna desing my letters!! :naughty:

I've thought about it as well and agree. If we end up doing the crystal ball thing, making it simple would be better.

Somehow we should make the hand/crystal ball stand out- but I think the contrasting white of the glove and black of the background would do that just fine.

If the Yearbook gets big and we have to have two parts, does that mean we are doing 2 different covers?

Yup, I like that, simple but really standing out the main part; I don't know if we have to design to covers, but it'll be really cool!! More ideas to work for! And since everybody here is so creative, there wouldn't be a problem! :naughty:

Yup, I like that, simple but really standing out the main part; I don't know if we have to design to covers, but it'll be really cool!! More ideas to work for! And since everybody here is so creative, there wouldn't be a problem! :naughty:

With all our great ideas- 2 covers wouldn't be too hard now would it? hehe

I was thinking, if the cover last year was black last year, why does it have to be the same this year? Couldn't we make it a deep purple or something..? Just a thought...

With all our great ideas- 2 covers wouldn't be too hard now would it? hehe

I was thinking, if the cover last year was black last year, why does it have to be the same this year? Couldn't we make it a deep purple or something..? Just a thought...

If we decided on a deep purple then that would be cool if every year we did this it would be a different color. Like say next year we did a light purple then the next year and purple/blue, then the next year and blue, then light blue. Then when Mika puts all his books together in a row then it would be like a color wheel. Just an idea.

If we decided on a deep purple then that would be cool if every year we did this it would be a different color. Like say next year we did a light purple then the next year and purple/blue, then the next year and blue, then light blue. Then when Mika puts all his books together in a row then it would be like a color wheel. Just an idea.

Imagine a colour wheel...that would be freakin' cool!!!

I mean a deep purple is not black but it ain't no far stretch either. It's not like black to sunny yellow or something.

I thought of another idea...

There could be someone (a child perhaps) holding onto something tight (like a present or something, I don't know) but he almost can't because it's bursting with stuff (like lollipops and clowns or whatever). But you don't see his head or his lower half- like only his neck and torso part where his arms are. And perhaps the top of his pants- it's just not his whole body: so that his arms and what he's holding is the main focus.

Hey guys, I just threw together a QUICK sketch, and i think this would best be done on photoshop...

I did not include the circus inside the ball or the clouds,

this is just a quick sketch.

COVERsketches013.jpg

I loove it!! This is IT! :biggrin2:

But the arm would look nicer if it comes out of the left bottom corner and not just let it hanging.

I thought of another idea...

There could be someone (a child perhaps) holding onto something tight (like a present or something, I don't know) but he almost can't because it's bursting with stuff (like lollipops and clowns or whatever). But you don't see his head or his lower half- like only his neck and torso part where his arms are. And perhaps the top of his pants- it's just not his whole body: so that his arms and what he's holding is the main focus.

I'm not sure if I get it... where would the boy be?

I'm not sure if I get it... where would the boy be?

In the centre- his head is not there because it's cut off by the top of the book (not literally) He takes up most of the room of the cover (not all of it though) and that's why his head/legs wouldn't be there.

But it doesn't really matter anyways- it seem like the crystal ball thing is what we're going for. That idea just popped into my mind nevermind it haha